Toyo R888's

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
I love my GSD3's. Had them on for a few months now and i got no complaints. If the police use them then thats good enough for me.

Apr 28, 2003
??????????
Visit site
I have decided to stick with normal road tyres. I am going to try Bf goodrich g-profiler's. Made my Michelin £59.80 per tyre compared to £65.00 for F1's and £50.80 for T1-r's, i will give them a go and see what there like.

Addo

hay guys listen if your experience with f1's are good then go with them. my experience with them has been bad. i always went for toyos as because they were a dam site cheaper from my wholesaler so i thought there cheap and good, so a deal came my way and i thought lets see what f1's are like and on my set up with quite rigid suspension they roll like a MOFO!!!

Next tyres will be R888's and i'll update as soon as.

i'll do some research on weather there are two different types of F1's

Casper

swoooooooosh
Jul 7, 2005
I drive the r888's for the last couple thousand miles. Very grippy in dry, solid in wet, but wouldn't force it. But the thing that bothers me the most is the extreme noise. But none the less, had 3 drag race in them, 1 track day and they have got plenty life left in them. Size is 205/40/17. Next tyres will probably be Kumho, because they sponsor my brother and will get them extremely cheap.

Casper

swoooooooosh
Jul 7, 2005
I think they have a solid tyre but not semi-slick, if i am not mistaken.

Casper

swoooooooosh
Jul 7, 2005
ibizacupra said:
Esta V700's were a track biased road legal tyre.
I have run a few sets of these in 205-45-16

Then those will have to go on my car probably. Were you satisfied with them Bill? Hope they are ok for everyday driving, don't wan't something not suitable for rain. I hope they are not as noisy as r888's are.

Addo

wa at a track day yesterday and alot of the boys there were raving about Hancook RSV saying they were better than r888's. Also they were also 0.8 slower than slicks around a well known track (not sure which track)

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Casper said:
Then those will have to go on my car probably. Were you satisfied with them Bill? Hope they are ok for everyday driving, don't wan't something not suitable for rain. I hope they are not as noisy as r888's are.

I ran em fine. worked ok wet and dry for me. They area treaded more so than R888's and also were available in 3 compounds... I went for hard as I melted medium at a Cadwell track day.

1892v70ae001.jpg

Last edited:

Saul

<b>SCN Admin</b>
May 21, 2001
ibizacupra said:
I ran em fine. worked ok wet and dry for me. They area treaded more so than R888's and also were available in 3 compounds... I went for hard as I melted medium at a Cadwell track day.

1892v70ae001.jpg

cadwell35.jpg

Saul

<b>SCN Admin</b>
May 21, 2001
haha, its only cos i took the pic!

i cant remember anything else though, as my girlfriend will irately testify :whistle:

Wilko

Badge snob
ibizacupra said:

I've been using these as my everday road rubber for a while. They start out with 8mm tread depth which is a bonus. They are noticably grippier than f1's even when cold, and are good in the wet. I really struggle to get them hot on the road though. By comparison the tread blocks are falling off the bridgestones that are on the boxtser I'm running for a few weeks. They're getting a bit hot.

Better than the dunlop SSR's I ran last

Seem to last OK as well. Only the same price as an F1 as well.

Wilko

Badge snob
the yokos were dangerous in anything but bone dry conditions, wore out in 5 minutes and gave no confidence on the limit.
I haven't found the limit of these yet on the road. Traction wise, they grip in second in the dry and very nearly hold first when hot.
I could spin the yokos and f1's through 2nd.

andy_dea

Aug 9, 2003
north east
Visit site
ill second that of the pradas, only in bone dry conditions feel can push them hard, quick wearing, and before think your on the limit can bite you in the arse as i found out pointing the wrong way into a roundabout one day, lucky missing everything lol

next tyres for me 888, or A048-R or possible DUNLOP DZ02G in 15's

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.