• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

what have you done to your car today ?

BadBoy03

A Mk1 Is For Life, Not Just For Fun
Sep 6, 2016
Somerset
I cheated and told my daughter who wants my motor that I would leave it to her in my will after we had a great couple track days in it.
Aww bless, that's cute.
My daughter wanted an FR when she was little, after sitting on my lap and steering the Cupra. Now she just wants a lambo 😲

Last edited:

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
Finished my footwell lighting project. Used an Arduino microcontroller and 2 strips of addressable RGB LEDs. It monitors when the highlights are switched on/off and then fades the LEDs on or off as needed.

You can buy pre-made strips off of ebay etc, but doing it this way meant i could fade them in and out, set my own brightness levels, and most importantly for me, match the shade of red perfectly to the existing red illuimination. The arduino is in the small storage hole under the headlight switch, so i can change the programming easily with a laptop and USB C cable

Last edited:

BadBoy03

Sep 6, 2016
Somerset
Finished my footwell lighting project. Used an Arduino microcontroller and 2 strips of addressable RGB LEDs. It monitors when the highlights are switched on/off and then fades the LEDs on or off as needed.

You can buy pre-made strips off of ebay etc, but doing it this way meant i could fade them in and out, set my own brightness levels, and most importantly for me, match the shade of red perfectly to the existing red illuimination. The arduino is in the small storage hole under the headlight switch, so i can change the programming easily with a laptop and USB C cable

That looks awesome! Thanks for run down & YouTube, appreciate it👍

Reactions: mty12345

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
That looks awesome! Thanks for run down & YouTube, appreciate it👍
Cheers mate! One of those things that helps bring them a bit more into the modern day. Will upload a wiring diagram, parts list and the code i wrote when i get chance later in the week, just in case anyone else wants to do it in future.

Only thing is that it draws attention to the shabby passenger floor mat and lack of one on the drivers side, so i've ordered a custom made luxury set with Cupra 1.8t logos etc. Will upload the pics when they get delivered, hopefully they'll be worth the £75 that they cost me haha

Reactions: BadBoy03

BadBoy03

Sep 6, 2016
Somerset
Cheers mate! One of those things that helps bring them a bit more into the modern day. Will upload a wiring diagram, parts list and the code i wrote when i get chance later in the week, just in case anyone else wants to do it in future.

Only thing is that it draws attention to the shabby passenger floor mat and lack of one on the drivers side, so i've ordered a custom made luxury set with Cupra 1.8t logos etc. Will upload the pics when they get delivered, hopefully they'll be worth the £75 that they cost me haha
Ooo goodies. If you have a link for your mats, I like the sound of them. I have fitted ones, but no logo's & that sells it for me! 👍

g60stu

Feb 9, 2003
Reading
The cover looks reasonable. I can’t see anything wrong with it. I guess it’s difficult to make any judgement without any blurb on what it’s all about and I suppose you don’t want to divulge more info. Good luck with it though!!🙂

BadBoy03

Sep 6, 2016
Somerset
The cover looks reasonable. I can’t see anything wrong with it. I guess it’s difficult to make any judgement without any blurb on what it’s all about and I suppose you don’t want to divulge more info. Good luck with it though!!🙂
Cheers mate, I appreciate the feedback 👍

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
Ooo goodies. If you have a link for your mats, I like the sound of them. I have fitted ones, but no logo's & that sells it for me! 👍

I went for the exclusive carpet, and all the other options, full heel pad, coloured edging, stain guard. They can do custom logos upto 15 characters.

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
B331A2DF-930C-4411-9CEF-D1C2827027F3.png

I can’t take credit for the photo someone else took it, but Onvi yellow certainly stands out in the sunshine. :cool::ROFLMAO:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.