what have you done to your car today ?

dgjdrummer

Part-timer
Nov 5, 2011
Wrexham, N. Wales
Where ya get the shims mate also did you need longer bolts ? Many penny's?? :-(

By shims I guess you mean spacers? Got them off a guy on here and used standard length tapered bolts that I already had in the garage. And sorry I didn't see the other comment sooner, they were up for sale but sold them earlier!

MattG90

Mar 4, 2014
tadaqudy.jpg

Cleaned, machine polished and waxed :). Black cars are a complete nightmare! Looks sleek when clean though :-D

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Looks nice that mate!!
What wax do you use? Should get a reflection shot up, love a reflection on a black car! :)

MattG90

Mar 4, 2014
Got a few more cleaning bits :)
And also ordering that lead to plug into the CD changer so I can play music from iPod/iPhone, fed up with the radio lol

Fitkin

Jan 30, 2014
Macclesfield
I've not had my cupra long so still doing odd faults on her and coming across new ones. I had a brake fluid leak from my abs module so spent the day making brake pipes and replacing them, took a good few hours and was a pain to bleed but finally got there, and also realised I had no air conditioning so put some gas in and that pissed out straight away,I found a loose connection on the pipe that goes to th compressor so tightened that up and regassed and it's as good as new next up a new window regulator and front discs and pads,

nd-photo.nl

Mar 6, 2012
The Netherlands
www.nd-photo.nl
Hahah thanks bro :) Yes, just a regional meeting. The white 1P Cupra has 370BHP with a brand new BCS stainless system. The Black 1P is chipped by Revo, the Grey one with the Autec rims has 300BHP (TDI ARL), and the Grey 1M with the Sportec Mono 10 rims has 270BHP (K03s Hybrid).

There were some other great cars, but they were afraid to show on camera haha

2 Overshots

[edit]
Bought some tyre paint from eBay. Its quite hard to maintain though, but looks ace methinks (each to their own etc). Plus dont do it on Wanli/Goodride/Ling Long tyres hahaha

eBay link: www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160680747351

Last edited:

supersticky

Dec 16, 2010
taunton somerset
Filled up with vpower Saturday, mpg seems to have improved and seems more responsive. Might just be in my head tho.

I have a tdi cupra and after filling up with v power derv it's was flying and returning avg 51 mpg, now with standard fuel it's the worst mpg ever!! Avg 35 mpg, seems like it's totally fooked my ECU around! As I know this was the first time it's ever in it's 10 yr life had v power :-(. Not in ya head mate, some people say it doesn't work straight away, but I know it does (used to be a Shell fuel analyst) :)

Oct 15, 2013
Midhurst, West Sussex
I have a tdi cupra and after filling up with v power derv it's was flying and returning avg 51 mpg, now with standard fuel it's the worst mpg ever!! Avg 35 mpg, seems like it's totally fooked my ECU around! As I know this was the first time it's ever in it's 10 yr life had v power :-(. Not in ya head mate, some people say it doesn't work straight away, but I know it does (used to be a Shell fuel analyst) :)

I've always used Tesco 99 when I can afford it but at the minute I'm just using normal BP Unleaded and it seems to be pretty good on fuel even when I'm hoofing it :D

I don't like Shell fuels, I don't remember ever using them by choice in any of my cars

As for the tyre tread writing just grab one of these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PERMANENT...plies_EH&var=660148218339&hash=item5af2ee59f2

Just don't put in on if you've got c**ppy tyres PLEASE lol

stupot_1982

Oct 26, 2012
Fitted some new 55w 6000k HID's since the ones i've owned for the past few years decided to start flickering on one side. :rolleyes:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members