what have you done to your car today ?

Prof.H

Feb 25, 2011
London
Had Eibach front & rear anti rollbars and Badger 5 TIP fitted this week. Cars even more planted and responsive.
Wishbone, steering and top mounts to be done next month , then front end is fully polybushed :)

Last edited:

googujube

LCR225
Jan 1, 2013
York
Yeah looked awesome! I didnt feel any difference on the drive home until I restarted the car and ecu must of adapted, left battery off for an hour when I got back and yeah theres quite a difference much more mid range pull and pulls harder, if not a little laggier when shifting through the gears at pace but all in all well impressed, off to badger5 for my map in march hopefully! !

Yeah I noticed exactly the same. You get a decent air feed in there?

FrixosLeon

Dec 6, 2013
Finally got my beauty back from the mechanic after two weeks! New timing belts, new fuel pump, new Ferodo DSTuning brake pads and fresh racing brake fluid! Also just received my two GlowShift gauges (52mm) AirFuel and Vaccum! On the lookout to a nice pod gauge holder to install them! But still nothing....

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

supersticky

Dec 16, 2010
taunton somerset
Two weeks!! How much was the cambelt and pump mate? I just paid £230 for mine just seeing what others pay and if I paid a fair price!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

FrixosLeon

Dec 6, 2013
Yeap mate! I was out of the country so... the pump was 150 euro and the timing belt including labour was 370 euros.. Sorry about prices being in euro but i do not have a currency converter on the phone yet... [Note to self: Download one!]

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2013
Midhurst, West Sussex
Today I drove my Leon 240 miles to collect a front bumper from Cupraslayer who offered me his spare after pranging mine into a local badger.

Car was god as gold until the rear door decided it doesn't want to open any more :(

On the bright side I did have some fun with an Impreza on the way home (Only a non turbo sadly)

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Left it a bit late but started to replace my air vents with the illuminated versions, so far got mine removed, glove box out and pulled through a homemade loom - bring on the longer daylight hours!!!!!!!!

GS16LRHP

Feb 17, 2014
Today I drove my Leon 240 miles to collect a front bumper from Cupraslayer who offered me his spare after pranging mine into a local badger.

Car was god as gold until the rear door decided it doesn't want to open any more :(

On the bright side I did have some fun with an Impreza on the way home (Only a non turbo sadly)

Had the same issue with my right rear door, I was unable to open it from outside, cable was fine, was connected to the lock but the lock itself was not engaging an internal lever. The door could be opened from inside though. Faulty door lock module, apparently quite common across the VAG range.
Relatively easy to fix, took me about an hour.

Oct 15, 2013
Midhurst, West Sussex
Had the same issue with my right rear door, I was unable to open it from outside, cable was fine, was connected to the lock but the lock itself was not engaging an internal lever. The door could be opened from inside though. Faulty door lock module, apparently quite common across the VAG range.
Relatively easy to fix, took me about an hour.

Mine seems to pride itself on being a PITA, the doors double lock, you can hear it doing it twice but when you open the doors with the fob it only clicks once, when you try opening the door from the outside it won't open as the door pin's down, If you pull the handle from the inside the door pin raises but as soon as you let the door handle go it goes straight back down again and also it won't open from the inside or outside even with the handle pulled, the key fob's not worked since I bought the car and would set off hazards when opening the doors or the boot (apparently the key fob won't disarm the immobiliser until the key's in the ignition by which point the alarm's having a hissy fit.

The car's starting to get on my nerves but as soon as I drive it it's ok again

I've tried a scanner on it to find any codes but it keeps coming up Link Error so I'm guessing it's not talking to the part it needs to

Damn car's, who'd have them lol

Last edited:

supersticky

Dec 16, 2010
taunton somerset
What is an hybrid conversation? What's involved and price? Cheers, just trying to find the best way to improve mpg on my tdi cupra.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Alec fr

Jul 3, 2013
Basically they take the internals out of the turbo and machine an fit bigger internals with better bearings so it will spool quick and be able to produce more power mine is costing £500+vat

Goddak

Cleaned the inside, outside later.

Then I think she'll be up for sale. I'm upgrading for a 150 tdi or maybe a cupra if one should happen to pop up at a good price.

I would post pictures but in haven't made 15 posts yet :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise