what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Carlos76

Aug 25, 2023
Went to a car meet today with a difference (There was lots of very nice ice cream on sale), which I have not done for many years and met some very nice people with ages from just past driving test to retired and driving a very special Volvo (Polstar) that went like a rocket

Ice cream was very nice as well and good to see it was a Family event not just petrol heads.

View attachment 38327
What body kits on that mate

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
Took it to a body shop and they painted and fitted it for me but they are very clear in the sales pitch this will need work to make it fit well.

Thanks its still work in progress but most of the changes for the track are done now, so its just finishing off the cosmetic stuff.
I have some ideas but as always it cost so will have to wait and save :)

CalJames

Modification Addict
Jun 25, 2019
North Wales
And I guess the sat nav will still be showing 30 as the speed limit.
I haven't checked but I imagine if they haven't been updated then will still show 30.

On my drive into work all the signs were still 30 and on the drive home 20.
And because there's certain roads that have exceptions for the change it's confusing some people. Had an old guy shout at me for not doing 20, told him the 20 zone starts further down the road and this part is still 30. Wasn't having any of it and proceeded to shout more

• Haha
Reactions: tracktoy

Chillout

Jan 23, 2020
Did some keyfob refurbishment. Right = old, left = new
Got the parts from AliExpress:
1000068992.jpg

TripleBob

May 3, 2021
Got my gloss black front emblem today from the above AliExpress link - FYI it does NOT fit the front, it's way too big and can't use the OEM mount 😭

TripleBob

May 3, 2021
Damn, sad to hear that :-(
On a positive note, amongst the other goodies id ordered was a start/stop adapter cable - which plugs into the back of the climate controls etc and 'remembers' your most recent setting for the start/stop system! Works a treat too, as soon as I turn the ignition it restores whatever the most recent push status was of the button - no permanently disabling or having to remember to press it every time!

Now all I need is to figure out how to disable the warning on the dash that comes up to tell me it's been enabled/disabled every time. Any ideas in obdeleven or long coding anyone?

20230919_085705.jpg

Chillout

Jan 23, 2020
On a positive note, amongst the other goodies id ordered was a start/stop adapter cable - which plugs into the back of the climate controls etc and 'remembers' your most recent setting for the start/stop system! Works a treat too, as soon as I turn the ignition it restores whatever the most recent push status was of the button - no permanently disabling or having to remember to press it every time!

Now all I need is to figure out how to disable the warning on the dash that comes up to tell me it's been enabled/disabled every time. Any ideas in obdeleven or long coding anyone?
This is a great mod! I've been using it for a long time, and I guess my brain learned to ignore the "disabled" message :LOL:

TripleBob

May 3, 2021
This is a great mod! I've been using it for a long time, and I guess my brain learned to ignore the "disabled" message :LOL:
Yeah I figured id probably learn to ignore it, but if anyone smarter than me (aka everyone) know how to code the dash alert out whilst keeping the system intact (so enable or disable via button, no alert in FIS) that'd be amazing!

Bluepower

May 1, 2016
Just ordered the final parts(top mounts and dust caps) so I can replace my almost 10 year old OEM suspension for an MTS coilover set..
When that is installed, still have to swap out the front brakes for the 4-piston 340mm kit, intake kit etc... time is lacking unfortunately..

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
You have two options with DCC, Either buy a cancellation kit or buy a setup that works with the DCC (KW Certainly have one and I have put it up for sale on her recently).