What did you and your MK2 do today?

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
They don't crack if you treat the leather the right way. Mine always made me feel like I was going to wet myself. They also put a fair load on the engine just to warm your bottom. They bite into the mpg level by a few for sure.

Pissing myself in the car got expensive so went for seat heating instead

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
They don't crack if you treat the leather the right way. Mine always made me feel like I'd wet myself. They also put a fair load on the engine just to warm your bottom. They bite into the mpg level by a few for sure.

I don't think most people do treat their seats though do they? I know I do but I think a lot of people neglect this area of the car when they clean it.

addsLEON

Mar 7, 2013
Mine get cleaned and moisturised every 3 months so theyre nice and clean and look new still :) as I said the car is loved lol

Last edited:

STU3Y

Nov 11, 2013
Kent
You are likely to get a 60 fine for that if stopped or made to remove it on the spot instead. You could change it to white and youll be fine

STU3Y

Nov 11, 2013
Kent
Fitted my new Cupra/GTI pedals thanks to Matthew FR

7D390967-BD03-46A0-B1D8-7788246F5724.jpg

Starting to get the bug

How much did you pay for them? And where from?

Dan FR

Meth addict. Stage 2+ Yo!
Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
Managed to locate a rubbery/plastic squeaking noise that happened everytime i reversed, which initially sounded like a dry suspension top mount on the nearside.

Turns out its the re-circ flap for the climate control, it closes everytime you reverse and its squeaking as it seals shut! Time to break out the lube...... :)

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
Stripped it of it's pretty parts ready for trade-in :(
Black Cupra grill off, keeping
Black wing mirror covers off (anybody?)
Armrest off...what do you think? ;)
Pipercrosss filter, oot.

Looks like kak with the chrome grill and grey caps :(
Doesn't help that it's mucky as hell. Just had a drive down to Middlesbrough so that explains it hehehe.

ynu6u7ub.jpg

Siboneh

Apr 3, 2012
UK
Stripped it of it's pretty parts ready for trade-in :(
Black Cupra grill off, keeping
Black wing mirror covers off (anybody?)
Armrest off...what do you think? ;)
Pipercrosss filter, oot.

Looks like kak with the chrome grill and grey caps :(
Doesn't help that it's mucky as hell. Just had a drive down to Middlesbrough so that explains it hehehe.

ynu6u7ub.jpg

You see how much of a difference the grille makes. You trading it in for another diesel or petrol?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members