What did you and your MK2 do today?

Pedestrian

Feb 16, 2012
Sandbach, Cheshire, North West
So my car is in the garage for two things;

1) Horrible juddering coming from the front of the car, when doing 60mph, not braking and braking. Apparently a stone in the caliper caused this but I don't believe that until I drive it myself.

2) I'm a wiper down as the passenger side motor just stopped working, and the garage have been sent the wrong part so have to wait for that now.

Awesome...

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
I removed the battery, found the big grommet with the nipples on it to cut off. I sliced one off (and half my finger), and figured that was that. Poked a screwdriver through on the engine side.
Found the grommet in the passenger side, but no sign of the screwdriver.
Gave up at that point.

So I think I was 99% there. I can't get the boost tube through on the engine side, so I wanted to push it through on the passenger footwell side. Doesn't help that the sound deadening is in the way and really tough to shift

I've done about 4 of these now.
I trim the top off the nipple closest to the drivers side. Then spray some lube and push a torx 25 screwdriver through from the engine bay making sure you angle it away from the harness.
Then get someone to hold the screwdriver in and push the boost hose on the end of the screwdriver and pull it through.
Doing it this way keeps the grommet the right way so no water can leak in.

JODmeister

May 9, 2013
Picked up bits n bobs from local VW dealer.

*Engine cover fittings.
*Battery box.
*SEAT engine cover badge.

*Need to pick up new bulbs, Osram nighbreakers from post office in morning, wasn't in for delivery.

*Washed car with the cheapy Karcher snow foamer and Demon wash snow foam......quite impressed with results as this was my first snow foam party.

*Finished off with some Megs quick detailer and Rain-X window cleaner.

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
Had the autotech pump internals fitted today and as a surprise my mate that fitted it is mates with the owner of Sitech Racing so he took it down and got it all set up properly for me at no extra cost, you can't get that kind of custom anymore. It now goes like a feckin train lol. Soooo happy with it now.

Skrilla Weston

★ ☆ ✰
May 17, 2012
Birmingham, West Midlands, UK
I got them from a place in Birmingham called the Number Plate Company. I can message you there number if anyone wants it.

Could you message me the number for the plates as well please, or is it this the company?

Also where did you get the number plate surrounds? Was it here, as they look similar.

Also can they be customised? as I see yours have SEAT Cupra Sport rather than just 'SEAT Sport'.

Thanks. :)

simon128927

Jul 25, 2012
Herefordshire
Could you message me the number for the plates as well please, or is it this the company?

Also where did you get the number plate surrounds? Was it here, as they look similar.

Also can they be customised? as I see yours have SEAT Cupra Sport rather than just 'SEAT Sport'.

Thanks. :)

I got the surrounds from awesome GTI. The link for the number plates isn't the same place I got mine I will message you there contact details.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise