WAYHEY! My car is fixed..you wont believe what it was

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
I just thought you may all want to know that it seems my car is fixed!

After spending the last month in and out of SEAT and the local garage who couldnt work out what was wrong, trying coilpacks, MAFs, plugs, acuator etc

Your not going to believe it! Wait...drum roll...

It was a split vacuum hose! This was found last night by Ian last night as we were all going to convoy down to No Rice

It was one of the vacuum hoses that sits by the N75 Valve in the 'V' shape, now what i dont understand is, SEAT said they would replace all the hoses around that valve as they were REALLY tatty and they only ended up replacing one of them, yet failed to see this hole in it! Granted you needed to look for the hole but its still there and here are the pictures to prove it

DSC01549.jpg

Im shocked :-o

I just cannot believe for all this time it has been missed and for something SO small, to cause SO many problems

It went like a steam train last night and seems back to its old self (a couple of blips) but i think thats because the fault codes will still be on the ECU so its still thinking there is something wrong

I will see if i can ge them cleared, reset the ECU, take it for a drive and see if they have gone

For now, i believe it to have been fixed!

Shall i do a speech? :lol:

No seriously, thank you all SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much for all your help! Its more appreciated than you know and thank you Ian for spotting what the 'Master Technician' at SEAT couldnt even spot

WAYHEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY she is back :clap: :dance:

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
Revo Kev said:
All sorted then?!

Good stuff... very common problem on Ibiza's!

Yeah it seemed LOADS better last night

When i first started it after i noticed the needle on idle went to completely steady (you wouldnt have noticed it was rough unless you had really looked but im picky)

When i first booted it it kind of hesitated at about 5500RPM but i think it was just getting any trapped air out of the system as after that it was mental!

On start up this morning there was about two seconds where it kind of spluttered but it was tiny in comparison to what it was like!

Apart from all that its fine and working like it used to, i just cant believe that tiny hose could cause SO many problems

I suppose the reason its still unsure at certain points is because the faults need clearing and the ECU needs resetting? Is that right?

Revo Kev

www.onlyrevo.com
Feb 24, 2003
www.onlyrevo.com
You want to replace them all with silcone stuff... it's pretty cheap, just get some 'squash' clips to fit it. Do a TBA or battery reset once you've done this to clear adaptation, then you'll be set to go!

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
Revo Kev said:
You want to replace them all with silcone stuff... it's pretty cheap, just get some 'squash' clips to fit it. Do a TBA or battery reset once you've done this to clear adaptation, then you'll be set to go!

I will try and get some off Ebay if i can

Where would i get those 'squash' clips from? Is it like the ones on there as standard because if it is i have no idea how they go on?

Whats TBA?

flashbsd

yeah i replaced all mine when i had all those problems, i thought i had the same problem.

The material on the hoses was coming off on my fingers when i was changing mine over, you can get 5m of 5mm Silicon vaccum hose with a few new joiners from rallydesign or SFS or something.

Halfrauds, or SFS do the clips :)

JKing

Cupra-R
Aug 9, 2003
Mansfield, Notts
photobucket.com
glad its sorted, get them all replaced with some black silicon hose. I've just ordered 3 metres of 3mm to replace my red silicon as I want it to look more factory. The red stands out too much for my liking. Only cost £6 on ebay

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
flashbsd said:
yeah i replaced all mine when i had all those problems, i thought i had the same problem.

The material on the hoses was coming off on my fingers when i was changing mine over, you can get 5m of 5mm Silicon vaccum hose with a few new joiners from rallydesign or SFS or something.

Halfrauds, or SFS do the clips :)

Yeah thats what mine was doing, it was falling off in our hands!

I thought it was 3mm? Is there and SFS in Surrey by any chance?

flashbsd

na only SFS in luton, sorry.

Erm well 5mm Outside diameter then :) 3mm inside. but i think i used 4mm on mine

I wander how the garage could have turned round and said it worked fine with the MAF unplugged, as that wouldnt make any difference, hmm wander if they were wanting that to be the problem. :rolleyes:

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
flashbsd said:
na only SFS in luton, sorry.

Erm well 5mm Outside diameter then :) 3mm inside. but i think i used 4mm on mine

I wander how the garage could have turned round and said it worked fine with the MAF unplugged, as that wouldnt make any difference, hmm wander if they were wanting that to be the problem. :rolleyes:

Oh right ok ;)

Hhmm it does make me wonder! The thing is this garage definately wont rip me off, i think they were quite worried as they spent about 15 minutes talking to my dad last night when they dropped her back

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise