Speedo

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
Sorry :cry:

Leon Buzz Off

The new SEAT Buzz Off is preparing to roar into UK showrooms becoming, in the process, the fastest production car ever on UK roads yet with a potential 500 of pure BS available from its 1.9-litre turbocharged diesel engine, the oil spitting new Leon resurrects the iconic Buzz badge last seen on the sleek Spaniard back in 2011. Not content with the 140mph top speed Buzz has gone off and on the back of a fag packet done a redesign focusing predominately on top speed.

More than that, the car also becomes SEAT’s quickest-accelerating model to date with a 0-62 mph time of just 0.2 seconds while the top speed, where legal, of 300 mph is also SEAT’s highest ever ‘flat out’ figure.

The new car’s immense torque peak of 700 Nm at just 1,000 rpm is a full 299 Nm more than the already muscular Leon Buzz, and puts SEAT’s newcomer ahead of the likes of the Mclaran MP12 and Ferrari 458.

A comparatively priced 10 year old VW Polo , meanwhile, can muster just 100 Nm of pulling power.

Engineers at Buzz’s state-of-the-art Technical Centre at Castleford have worked to modify the existing 1.9-litre, four cylinder turbocharged petrol engine’s electronic management system as well as boost maximum turbo pressure with a bigger turbo and removed the airbox and filter and replaced with a pair of Buzz’s briefs to generate the Buzz Off’s extra power and torque.

A revised turbo and reworked aerodynamics are further indications of the careful re-engineering that has gone into this SEAT record-breaker. To reduce weight and aid aerodynamics Buzz has cut the roof off and for rainy days a stylish roof made from an old two man tent keeps the occupants warn and dry even at 200mph.

A beguiling mix of Yorkshire passion and practicality, this new ‘super SEAT’ remains, of course, the rational choice for ultra-mph buyers who want fast fast fast allied to five- door functionality.

Beyond the raw performance and unreliability statistics is the new Leon’s unique styling which has been calculated to underscore its exclusive nature. Bespoke styling changes, inside and out, elevate the new Buzz Off’s kerbside appeal. New Wheels from an ATV improve grip with their wider profile and Buzz has handwritten “Buzz Off” on every wheel. The new "1000mph" Speedo the size of a dinner plate takes centre stage in the bespoke interior.

The addition of sporty twin central exit exhaust pipes made from yogurt pots and painted silver within a customised rear diffuser made from wood and covered in Buzz’s bathroom carpet, discreet extended high level rear spoiler, subtle ‘Buzz Off’ badging and the careful application of skid stain trim inserts highlighting inside and out give the forthcoming Leon its exclusive appeal.

Mighty 12-inch ATV alloys, prominent ‘Buzz Off’ badging on the back of the quilted kitchen roll front sports seats further saving weight and a specially created “I will Crush you” Sport engine cover complete the exclusive styling.

Last edited:

Image2000uk

Jul 21, 2011
He is in is garage with a hammer trying to reduce his drag coefficient not sure if it his mouth or the car though..............

Ah la Peugeot advert on the telly ???? where the beats his car to look like a 206 or similar ....

sheltonj

hi was just wondering if you knew anything about seat alhambras

FR_Flavoured

Buzz (if you still read this Thread), to gain a better understanding of how your car is outputting this type of top end, can you do the following?...

While accelerating, note your speed in MPH as you are changing up through the gears (when the power & acceleration starts to tail off, towards the redline I imagine).
So, as you change into 2nd, what speed are you doing (MPH), then into 3rd (MPH?), etc?

2nd=
3rd=
4th=
5th=
6th=You wont have a 6th gear in the 1.9TDi.

Will be interesting to learn more about your speed/power band, per gear.
Plus if you were to put your car on the rollers, the power graph would also be great to see too.

Any feedback from the garage?

Last edited by a moderator:

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
He's down Pendine sands at the moment helping out with the land speed record attempt....:D

Nov 28, 2006
Not wanting to drag this thread up again BUT in this months EVO magazine they try and max out their long term Cupra R on a 2 mile stretch. The most they can get out of it in that space is 150mph.

Buzz123

Autobahn
Aug 6, 2011
Castleford, West Yorkshire
Buzz (if you still read this Thread), to gain a better understanding of how your car is outputting this type of top end, can you do the following?...

While accelerating, note your speed in MPH as you are changing up through the gears (when the power & acceleration starts to tail off, towards the redline I imagine).
So, as you change into 2nd, what speed are you doing (MPH), then into 3rd (MPH?), etc?

2nd=
3rd=
4th=
5th=
6th=You wont have a 6th gear in the 1.9TDi.

Will be interesting to learn more about your speed/power band, per gear.
Plus if you were to put your car on the rollers, the power graph would also be great to see too.

Any feedback from the garage?

1st goes up to 20mph
2nd goes up to 45mph
3rd goes up to 70mph
4th goes up to 105mph
5th goes off the clock

Don't worry I have had it reset once I get on autobahn I am gonna make a video of it. I know it does it. I have a bigger turbo and remap and thats all my mods so far. It sounds really load but I am gonna pad it out.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise