• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

Seat Sport Mats

mattpark

Full Fat Member
Jan 25, 2007
www.matthewpark.co.uk
Okay.

Prompted by a couple of confusing PM's, I need to clear up the position on locking fittings.

Now. They will arrive at my house, with round holes.

I am sourcing some plastic inserts for people with oval locking points mounted on the floor. (Myself included)

This is an oval point from my car:

locking.jpg

If you ask me, there is no pattern as to what cars they are fitted in. mine is a 225 53 plate, with ovals.

Would be handy if someone could take a pic of some round points.

olaf

Dodo Lover!!
Aug 19, 2006
Ipswich
Same fixings that I have.

Have you sourced the inserts already? Or have you still got to find a supplier?

dj_hektik

LEON 20VT FR
sorry to say but I bought a set through SEAT dealer here and they are absolute rubbish. they feel like they cost the factory 20p to make and after only 40,000 km's use in my car they look very very old.. plus they warp into funny shapes and slide up under the accelerator if you dont have the clips

mattpark

Full Fat Member
Jan 25, 2007
www.matthewpark.co.uk
sorry to say but I bought a set through SEAT dealer here and they are absolute rubbish. they feel like they cost the factory 20p to make and after only 40,000 km's use in my car they look very very old.. plus they warp into funny shapes and slide up under the accelerator if you dont have the clips

I concur. Pic's would be very helpful please bud.

Jay20VT

The 'R' In CupRa
Jul 23, 2004
N.London

my dreams have been crushed :cry: :cry: :cry:

Danbo

Sideways is forwards
Feb 20, 2004
Visit site
Me either, I'd rather pay the extra and get some really good quality mats from
these guys...

www.autostyle.co.uk

Had these mats in my last few cars and they are really good. We need some confirmation on quality.

dj_hektik

LEON 20VT FR
i've taken some photos on my phone but the data cable is at home and i dont have bluetooth here at work ... i'll upload them later ...

i really think its not worth the logo on them ... that's all that separates them from better-made mats, and anyway, the logo is in an awkward place you can't see it often. I'd make a template out of card or something and have a proper shop make a carpet out of something nice ...

Mar 5, 2007
Am I too late for a set of these?

I skipped the last page of posts. Seem dodgy quality...

Well, if they're not, I'd still be up for it :)

Last edited:

mattpark

Full Fat Member
Jan 25, 2007
www.matthewpark.co.uk
Hmmm ... so does this fact kill the GB stone dead then, the fact that they are garbage quality. I for one wouldn't want to pay £50 for garbage!!!

I concur. Well, we should wait until we can see these pics, but it doesn't sound good to be honest.

If it all falls through, I do have a back up plan which involves a little more effort. (I have just received an email containing large electronic format versions of the "Powered by Seat Sport" logo you'll find on your engine cover).

HarveyGTI

dont mean to drop a bomb shell, but why not try doing a group buy with www.justmatz.co.uk UK Based, quick delivery

excellent quality as had some in my golf....and if we do a group buy we could well get a Seat logo on AND they come with a colour trim around the matt at no extra cost/standard

perhaps start another group buy with these mats in mind.

Last edited by a moderator:

olaf

Dodo Lover!!
Aug 19, 2006
Ipswich
I had a quote from JustMatz - was 90 quid with logos and heel plates!!!!!

Plus they wont copy a copyrighted logo - I tried to draw an FR one but it came out looking awful.

EDIT - that was with plain rears aswell.

HarveyGTI

I had a quote from JustMatz - was 90 quid with logos and heel plates!!!!!

Plus they wont copy a copyrighted logo - I tried to draw an FR one but it came out looking awful.

true....but at least if they have what ever colour trim, we know we are getting god quality matts...., plus if 20+ people are buying them this could drive down the cost a great deal

Lecatona HPFP (High-pressure Fuel Pump Upgrades)