Revo'd Cupra Mk4 180 Clutch Slip

CupraStoo

Intentionally Left Blank
Dec 28, 2007
RAF Odiham Drives: Much JDMness
im chilled, really

thers just alot of people leaping on to the bandwagon with theories!

ALL wrong!
even the starting post!

The car is fine! Completely!

VAGCOM showed nothing at all
drives fine
clutch doesnt clip at all
brakes are spot on

I love forum mechanics! I really do!

Matt_TDI

Apr 8, 2007
maybe there were problems with the car that have since been pointed out/rectified as it wasnt selling. i think thats what people were trying to make you aware of. and were maybe trying to help you not have your pants pulled down. fair play if the cars fine thats all well and good, but isnt it worth considering that if any of the afore mentioned problems should arise within the warranty period then you would know that it hasnt been fixed properly?

just my 2p

kriso

_______ C U P R A _______
Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
how is the starting post wrong?

WHEN I test drove it (and at least one other forum member by the looks of it) the clutch was slipping and it had problems. Now they have fixed it along with the HPI and it is all fine. End of story. Just because its ok now, doesn't mean it was always ok. You didn't test drive it a few months ago.

CupraStoo

Intentionally Left Blank
Dec 28, 2007
RAF Odiham Drives: Much JDMness
were just going round in circles here!

The clutch HAS NOT been replaced
The ckutch DOES NOT slip
the brakes are fine
it has no probs on VAGCOM

im not saying you dont know the difference between clutch slip and wheelspin, or EPC and ESP
but it sounds like it!

im not getting into an argument here
this thread was buried a while back to be revived this morning with more horse sh1t

kriso

_______ C U P R A _______
Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
No-one said the clutch slips now. But it did back then when I test drove it, and the dealer even admitted it slips because its not warmed up, as mentioned a while ago.

It looks like you are saying I dont know the difference?? When the wheels spin, the ESP light flashes and this wasn't flashing when I drove it. The EPC light was flashing when pressing the accelerator and the clutch slipping some of the time when accelerating.

Although your car is fine now, other people have experienced problems when test driving it. There's no need to say stuff like 'ALL wrong! even the starting post! ' People here are trying to help you. :)

Last edited:

Kelman70

Well i do apologise for giving my thoughts on this but when the thread is in the todays posts section i just happened to think it might be a new thread, you never know someone might do a search for "clutch slip" and find out what might be wrong with their car. It might not have helped you but it may help someone else along the line, i'm not saying that there is anything wrong with your car. like i said i apologise for not realising that the thread was an old one.