Revo'd Cupra Mk4 180 Clutch Slip

Jan 14, 2005
Cannock/Wolvo
it sounds as tho that car has been thrashed, my car has revo stage 2 with 45k on the clock and iv had no cluch slip at all, as said id look elsewhere

Last edited:

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
yeah i defo agrea with the above, and it must have been thrashed hard or just driven very badly. My old FR did 42k in 18 months and that was runnign 230bhp. And i drove that car like a tool, loads of right foot and loads ofr trips up to Santa pod, yet i never ever had clutch slip.

Even the diesel, that only slipped on the day i traded it in because i draged offf the lights with an Lancia Delta and slipped the clutch like mad to get traction, and i won too.....lol

CupraStoo

Intentionally Left Blank
Dec 28, 2007
RAF Odiham Drives: Much JDMness
well tbh, ive now heard contrasting sides to this story but i wont go into that here.

to me, personally, it drove fine, it was warmed up properly, and drove very well. pulled well, and had no clutch slip or flashy lights whatsoever. HPI is clear too now.

seems strange to me.
my friend is still gonna come with me friday to check it out for me properly, and give it a VAGCOM diagnosis too. we shall see how that goes

kriso

_______ C U P R A _______
Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
Sounds like they finally fixed it then. But when I test drove it, the clutch was screwed. The dealer even told me 'the clutches on these cars dont work properly until they have warmed up' - I know from experience that just isn't true!

kriso

Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
lol...they dont need to warm up! I have had 2 Cupras and the clutches don't slip when they are cold.

kriso

Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
Oh..the car was warm as the engine had been running for 10 mins while I looked it over, then he drove off to wash the price-paint off and get petrol. Then we drove up and down the dual carriageway and he told me to 'give it some'. The EPC light started flashing and the clutch slipped. That was when he mentioned the springs in the clutches needed to warm up before they worked properly.

But if it wasn't doing it for you then looks like they have fixed it...remember it has been sitting there for 2 years ;) (look at the date on the photos in the advert).

CupraStoo

Intentionally Left Blank
Dec 28, 2007
2 years :0
i dont think its been there that long, judging by the service booklet dates anyway

not all digi cam dates are right lol

he said he had had it a few months.

ive asked him about it anyway, he said there hasnt been any work done clutch related, but as i said, all was fine for me!?

strange

kriso

Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
yea maybe the dates are wrong..he said it had been there a few months when I looked and that was a couple of months ago. Maybe it's just fixed itself then...or maybe he jsut wants to shift it so not mentioning the clutch..all I know is it slipped and he said it was normal as they need to warm up and that is a blatent lie lol...

It all looked too good to be true when I first saw it and sounds like there has been lots of ppl looking and HPI checking but not buying....bear in mind warranty runs out in like less than a week. Hope it is all fixed and you grab a bargain...they are great cars (and a good colour ;))

CupraStoo

Intentionally Left Blank
Dec 28, 2007
warranty has already expired. it expired in september, however there will be 3 months warranty with it, for what its worth!

seems too good to be true for me too, its just this little niggle in the back of my mind, due to thgis thread.

there has been alot of HPI activity too which makes me wonder why. have other people been and turned it down??

CupraStoo

Intentionally Left Blank
Dec 28, 2007
Took it out today again, with my very knowledgeable friend.

He drove it, HARD

No clutchslip whatsoever.

We reckon the "Clutchslip" you encountered was in fact the Traction control cutting the power

And the flashy light, was The TC light flashing!

Car is now mine, pick it up wednesday.
Cheers for all the input guys.

kriso

Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
Nice one........as said before I have had 2 Cupras and I know the difference between the ESP light and EPC light ;) Remeber, the clutches slip until the car is warmed up...

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
if your happy with the test drive and no clutch slip was present then must be fixed! im sure you also have done an hpi check to clear that up too. if your happy with everything then no reson why you shouldnt have bought it NICE WORK MATE!

pics asap please ;) any more plans?

CupraStoo

Intentionally Left Blank
Dec 28, 2007
The dealer hasnt changed the clutch, he just didnt know what he was talking about at all.

The guy i took with me to test drive it again has been in the VAG scene for around 25 years, having owned plenty of VAGs, i trust his word TBH.

He currently owns a few Tidy VAGs including a MK2 golf with a 2.2 crossflow on TBs, rolls royce trimmed interior etc etc (Owned this for over 23 years!) Ex PVW cover car. Built it all himslef

Also owns a 300ish BHP Water/Methanol injected TT coupe on 19" BBS LMs, with lots of carbon. This thing is ****!

And his daily drive is a MK1 polo coupe!

Id take his words over a used car dealer/forum race mechanic anyday.

Pics will be up asap, after i collect, hopefully wednesday.

Plans for the future, are minimal as of the moment, due to wedding plans, but over time i plan alot.

First things first, boost guage, Split-r, CAI, Cat back, Coilovers/spacers, aero wipers, HIDs, Cruise Control etc etc. The little bits.

In the future, the previously mentioned TTs K04 turbo and 3" downpipe will be coming too,when he goes BIG turbo. plus a bit more.

You know how the modding game is! The bug is always there!

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
trust me i know and have the bug!! the guy certainly has vag taste! only the best! mk2 golf :drool: my fav!

CupraStoo

Intentionally Left Blank
Dec 28, 2007
check it out

you may know it!

1161540428.jpg

1161540022.jpg

1161540528.jpg

and an OLD pic of the TT
has changed ALOT now, porsche brakes, LM centres done in black crinkle paint etc
1181473117.jpg

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
love the mk2 :drool: and probably have seen it at edition 38 or gti international shows but there are so many of them :lol: TT is nice too!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.