Revo'd Cupra Mk4 180 Clutch Slip

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
i should see the golf revamped at edition 38 this year then sept 08!! unless hes doing the FULL HOGG and takin his time ect :( hopemy mk2 gti is ready for then as well :funk:

CupraStoo

Intentionally Left Blank
Dec 28, 2007
RAF Odiham Drives: Much JDMness
its still in bits, and yet to go to the bodyshop but, if he gets his fnger out then yeah it'll be at the shows this year, prob the european ones too

were deffo doing a worthesee road trip though!

oh i think weve gone slightly OT too! haha

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
saves in my favorites :D go to most of them meets anyways ;) give me a wave if you see me in my beezer or the dub :wave:

mpm1987

Spanish Donkey
Mar 10, 2006
haha, i went and test drove this car about 3 weeks ago, it was awful, the brakes hardly worked either!!!

CupraStoo

Intentionally Left Blank
Dec 28, 2007
Well you obviously cant drive, as they work fine for me!

And my best mate, that also drove it!

And when he did, he stepped out of his 300BHP TT, with Huge porsche brakes, and commented on how well the brakes worked, and how quick it was

so i know who im listening to sunshine!

Last edited:

mpm1987

Spanish Donkey
Mar 10, 2006
well thats alright then.
There were scuffs on the front bumper, scratches on the dash, and when braking from XXXmph, i didnt get the feel in the brakes, It was priced well though, when i went and saw it, it was up for £8000

Kelman70

Sounds like the clutch has taken one hell of a beating probably 26k's worth, the clutch shouldnt be slipping at all on a car that new even from cold, the clutch plate is either heavily worn and the spring plate cant provide enough pressure to prevent it from slipping or maybe the springs in the pressure plate have packed up, highly unlikely but could be a dodgy clutch from the factory, is there any vibration through the clutch pedal when changing gears?

Sounds like the stealer is talking out of his arse.

Kelman70

Thats a good point it could defo be the crankshaft oilseal but i wouldnt expect that on a 54 plate.

Kelman70

Fair enough, your right the clutch has a fault but if its been revo'd its probably been thrashed, pointing towards a worn clutch. it could be crankshaft seal etc etc. At the end of the day we are just trying to let the guy know what he may expect to have to get repaired if he does buy the car. it could happen on a 57 plate but i like to think i have faith in a newish car rather than expecting it to breakdown like you would do with an old banger.

personally i will always buy a standard car and do things like remaps myself so i know how the car has been driven whilst running at such high performance.

kriso

_______ C U P R A _______
Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
He has brought the car btw (CupraStoo) but it seems the clutch is fine now. There were definitely probs when I tested it and EPC lights flashing! But this has all been discussed above.....It has been there for months (I know someone who has driven past the dealer nearly a year ago and it was there then) and had loads of HPI checks done but no-one brought it. Had outstanding finance when I checked it too (I still have a PDF of the HPI check which says this)...but apparently this has been sorted now too....I think the dealer just got sick of it being there and no-one buying it, so they fixed the clutch (whehter they admin that or not) and now it;s been sold.

CupraStoo

Intentionally Left Blank
Dec 28, 2007
it hadnt been there over a year!

Have people just jumped on the bandwagon here!

There are no problems with this car whatsoever!!!

Brakes are perfect! Clutch is spot on!
Yes there are usual marks of wear and tear, but nothing out of the ordinary!

It doesnt sound like an oil seal, or crank seal etc etc
it sounds like you havent read the thread properly!!!!!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members