Proud 130..? Owner

TimJK

Audi Techie
Jan 10, 2009
Norwich
www.eacruise.co.uk
That is really **** news mate, I would be getting in touch asap and seeing what excuse they come up with, I paid £5k for a mint 55 plate cupra r with 38k on the clock, fsh etc etc.. addmitadly at trade price but gives you an idea.

modd1uk

Feb 2, 2009
The money has been spent, and im not out of pocket so to speak so the 6k isnt really an issue, its more of..6k for a 110, that i travelled 8 hours in total to get !

Any idea if seat can get cars shipped from other dealers ? Theres a red 130 up in scotland with 45k ish on the clock, same price as what we paid for our 110 aka false 130.

daboy3000

No Longer a Seat owner
Jul 2, 2008
Oxted
Sorry to hear that mate, don't settle otherwise you will regret it, get the car you wanted. Also the 130 engine is much better than the 110. I don't think you can get an SE spec with a 130 if that helps. Good luck and keep us up to date.

daboy3000

No Longer a Seat owner
Jul 2, 2008
Oxted
The money has been spent, and im not out of pocket so to speak so the 6k isnt really an issue, its more of..6k for a 110, that i travelled 8 hours in total to get !

Any idea if seat can get cars shipped from other dealers ? Theres a red 130 up in scotland with 45k ish on the clock, same price as what we paid for our 110 aka false 130.

Sometimes, i used to work for VW/Audi dealers and if we had one at another one of OUR branches we could but not normally if its a different company.

modd1uk

Feb 2, 2009
Sometimes, i used to work for VW/Audi dealers and if we had one at another one of OUR branches we could but not normally if its a different company.

I mean..ive looked on seat approved used cars. and theres a red one..whilst it being seat approved im not sure how they could/would go about getting it to us.

Ide be happy for them to deliver to us ( our house, or local seat garage ) what we paid for, a 130 with 42k on the clock, 6 months tax, electric windows yada yada yada(not assed about satnav).

Dont think thats too much to ask is it ?

heatfan8

Insert witty comment here
Dec 2, 2008
Berkshire
The 110 should have just the 'i' from TDi on the boot in red
The 130 should have the 'Di' from TDi on the boot in red - assuming it hasnt been de-badged lol

Hobbiniho

Jan 17, 2009
shetland/ Aberdeen
sorry to hear that they have ripped you off , what i would do is get them to give you your money back + travel/fuel costs etc, or get them to change the car for a 130 and make them give you 12 months tax and test and extended warranty etc as part of the deal as they have messed you about, also worth mentioning that you are a member of this site and that there are a lot of members that think the way you have been ripped off is apawling, i mean how many members are there on this site they wont want there reputation tarnished because of one dodgy sale

1.9...stefan

HYBRID???
Aug 21, 2008
grimsby
unlucky mate, feel sorry for you,
as has been said id be kicking up a right old fuss,
make out you turned down other cars, cheaper, less miles etc because you saw that 1 and wanted it... and because there a main dealer there should be no problems like this. Anyway i would argue it, try and get one as you wanted OR BETTER, for the same price and maybe some money back for the hastle and upset this has caused you ;)

cheers

R69

Nov 18, 2008
West Midlands
Sorry to hear the bad news modd1uk, I know you were so excited about picking up the car today. :(

I know it's real crappy with all the bad news you've had recently, but don't worry.

Just give them a call tomorrow, explain that you've done some research & realised that the car has been falsely advertised & therefore miss-sold. As said earlier, mention the financial & time cost of the journey, as well as the inconvenience, stress & the worry it's put you & your partner through.

If they don't begin to bend over backwards as any decent seller would, then it's probably time to raise your tone a little. Mention solicitors & that your partner actually WORKS at a solicitors, & mention trading standards. Mention also the repeated times you asked if it was a 130 prior to purchase & were assured that it was. Remember you've got your proof in the advert, so DON'T forget to mention this also.

Maybe just speak to the guy you dealt with to start with, if he gets worried he'll probably put you on hold to go speak to his boss. If there's no joy with him, just ask to speak to the manager. If he's not available then ask to speak to whoever is in charge tomorrow. You could try recording the conversation but I don't know where you stand legally with this one, maybe your partner would know. Actually it would probably help if your partner could ring a colleague beforehand to get a bit of free professional advice, just a thought.

Most of all don't panic, get a good night's sleep then just deal with it tomorrow calmly, remember the seller hasn't got a leg to stand on. Although it all seems s-h-1-t at the moment there really should not be any issue.

Keep us informed matey & hope it all goes well & don't worry :)

heatfan8

Insert witty comment here
Dec 2, 2008
Berkshire
Sorry mate - didnt see the extra page.....thought it stopped at page 1!! I'm gutted for you. If it was me I would be seriously throwing my toys out of my pram right now! Make the biggest fuss you can and see what happens. I mean, whats the worst that can happen? You can always write to magazines like topgear (or at least threaten it!)

Good luck!

modd1uk

Feb 2, 2009
Sorry to hear the bad news modd1uk, I know you were so excited about picking up the car today. :(

I know it's real crappy with all the bad news you've had recently, but don't worry.

Just give them a call tomorrow, explain that you've done some research & realised that the car has been falsely advertised & therefore miss-sold. As said earlier, mention the financial & time cost of the journey, as well as the inconvenience, stress & the worry it's put you & your partner through.

If they don't begin to bend over backwards as any decent seller would, then it's probably time to raise your tone a little. Mention solicitors & that your partner actually WORKS at a solicitors, & mention trading standards. Mention also the repeated times you asked if it was a 130 prior to purchase & were assured that it was. Remember you've got your proof in the advert, so DON'T forget to mention this also.

Maybe just speak to the guy you dealt with to start with, if he gets worried he'll probably put you on hold to go speak to his boss. If there's no joy with him, just ask to speak to the manager. If he's not available then ask to speak to whoever is in charge tomorrow. You could try recording the conversation but I don't know where you stand legally with this one, maybe your partner would know. Actually it would probably help if your partner could ring a colleague beforehand to get a bit of free professional advice, just a thought.

Most of all don't panic, get a good night's sleep then just deal with it tomorrow calmly, remember the seller hasn't got a leg to stand on. Although it all seems s-h-1-t at the moment there really should not be any issue.

Keep us informed matey & hope it all goes well & don't worry :)

Cheers for that post and all the others guys, really supportive. The salesguy we bought it off IS the sales manager there but isnt in tomorrow, will still ring and speak to one of the other sales guys though as i spoke to a few today, all of which assured me it was 130bhp ! Im gonna keep my cool now and spend some time with the mrs ;).

A result ide be happy with..as im not a greedy guy would be the car i thought i was buying, im not fussed about the satnav just want a 130 with the low milage i thought i was paying for.

Im just repeating myself here, argh fuming lol.

Cant do anything til ive spoken to them tomorrow, do i use this 110 in the meantime ? i mean..its too cold/shite weather to use my bike .

What sort of time should i give them to fix the problem ? I really dont want the punto back and have to try and sell that again, and i dont want to travel 4 hours each way again.

What you think would be a reasonable request ? They have a silver one @ 67k..so like 25k more milage and they want the same price for it :confused:, it is a 130 but the interior looks a little tatty, il post some pics up now.

1.9...stefan

HYBRID???
Aug 21, 2008
grimsby
also might be worth mentioning about the factors that you have had to cancel insurance on the punto, change to the leon, and now your going to have to cancel again,,, just little things if they dont budge

mine has the mpg function but its an se... maybe your 110 is just an S.. even worse lol

Last edited:

Hobbiniho

Jan 17, 2009
shetland/ Aberdeen
scuff on the rear bumper, dodgy plates, grotty interior, not the coluor you wanted, i wouldnt be happy with it unless i was getting big discount no way is that worth what you payed even if you did have a trade in i would be pushing for a good condition 130se as thats what you have payed for

modd1uk

Feb 2, 2009
scuff on the rear bumper, dodgy plates, grotty interior, not the coluor you wanted, i wouldnt be happy with it unless i was getting big discount no way is that worth what you payed even if you did have a trade in i would be pushing for a good condition 130se as thats what you have payed for

Will ring tomorrow, IF they cant get a 130 in the condition i paid for...what to do ?

I mean..IF it ends up in a total reversal of the whole thing, ive added 200 miles to their car, 200 miles to the punto, travelled for 8 hours already, i wouldnt want to have to go back down and swap back and get a refund that way.

Hobbiniho

Jan 17, 2009
shetland/ Aberdeen
i would hope that it wouldnt come to you having to take the punto back but if it does do not leave there without at least some sore of compensation even if it is only covering your costs fuel/insurance chages etc