Proud 130..? Owner

modd1uk

Feb 2, 2009
Didnt want a 110, theres plenty for sale locally we could of bought, we wanted a nice 130 hence the 400 mile round trip to get it !

Tax disc doesnt say anything, :(

We traded our car in, didnt get much for it (£3675) and gave them £2200, and walked away with what we thought was a 130...obviously not.

Gearknob goes up to 5.

modd1uk

Feb 2, 2009
Just did an insurance check, listed as a GK53BDO, SEAT LEON SE TDI (110)

If i can do an insurance check and within 30 seconds know its a 110, why didnt seat know !?

What do i do now, not doing another 400mile round trip.

mjt

Jul 12, 2008
i'd push for some money back or some sort of compensation. a 110 is worth less, no?

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
easy, you ring them back tomorow, tell them they falsly advertised a product, tell them you want your money back and walk away from them, if they dont tell them you will get trading standards involved, you have the evidence in the advertisement.

you also want reimbursing for the cost of the trip. best bet is menbtion the word solicitor and trading standards, be firm and they will have no option.

Nov 29, 2007
Mansfield, Notts
Ok so it looks like you've got two choices... keep the car and argue for a new price... or take it back.

Either way you want as much info from the advert and sales order etc that lead you to think you buying a 130

modd1uk

Feb 2, 2009
Seat dealer is 30seconds from me, but they didnt have one in stock hence the 400 mile round trip, our 06 plate fiat puntslow has gone now (we used it as a trade in against this). What sorta money would you be asking for back ? Like ive said before this one stood us at £3675 trade in + £2200 + £25 quid in fuel for puntslow and about £20 fuel for this car here.

I knew things were going too well, worst thing is i asked them numerous times before i travelled is it a 130, their replies were yes, travelled down, did the deal and just before i pulled out the car park i asked him to double check its a 130. His reply was..

" We just put the registation into our system and it gives us all the details and we just list it on the website ".

Not sure what to do now, i mean..whats an 03 plate 110 worth from a dealer with 42k on the clock (off to have a look at seat approved now).

All we wanted was a 130 or 150, could of bought a 110 locally !

Mrs works at a solicitors too ( trainee )

james walker

May 24, 2007
retford notts
you want the whole deal back mate.... the cost of the difference of the trade in and the trade in value of the punto...

dont take any s*it from them.. get the missus on the case.

misrepresentation of goods for sale comes to mind

modd1uk

Feb 2, 2009
6k is overpriced imo also, could get a 20vt cupra for that.......

I know, its just..we thought, seat dealer, seat approved, 1 year seat warranty, were giving a half decent trade in price on ours and we would only have to fork out £2200, i was happy paying £2200 + our car for a nice colour 130 with satnav in, and only 41k ish on the clock.

modd1uk

Feb 2, 2009
you want the whole deal back mate.... the cost of the difference of the trade in and the trade in value of the punto...

dont take any s*it from them.. get the missus on the case.

misrepresentation of goods for sale comes to mind

So how much would i be asking for back in total ? £5875 ? I mean..the punto has been signed over and everything sent off to DVLA.

mjt

Jul 12, 2008
So how much would i be asking for back in total ? £5875 ? I mean..the punto has been signed over and everything sent off to DVLA.

full refund, plus transport costs. maybe push for more if you can :p

modd1uk

Feb 2, 2009
They have a silver one (dont really like the colour) listed at £5994 (that was the price of this one outside originally), with 67k on the clock...we were under the impression we were buying a blue 130 with 42k on the clock for £5875...really dont know what to do, DONT want this 110, its overpriced for what it is, even the 130 is overpriced at that price with that milage on it.

Dont mean to feel sorry for myself but nothing ever goes right ! Family death over xmas, few other bits and pieces and now this !

modd1uk

Feb 2, 2009
its their problem mate, tell them thats what you want and thats it.... how long ago did you purchase

Few hours ago, only just got back !

4.10pm apparantly.

They have a 130 in silver (which we didnt want a silver car) with 67k on the clock, no satnav..at the same price, so how would this sound..

" we either want..a full refund @ whatever price we paid in total, a blue leon with 42k on the clock with satnav and 130bhp, or the silver 130bhp and £1k, delivered to our local seat garage this week with 6 month tax "

Dont want to sound like a complete ****..but i could of bought a 110 from local and for alot less ! And still had some saturday left to enjoy driving it.

james walker

May 24, 2007
retford notts
you want the car thats advertised tbh.

i would just tell them you want a full refund for the part ex, and go elsewhere, maybe look at a private sale or an independant dealer with a warranty.

so you want the value of the punto back to take elsewhere and put towards a less overpriced leon.

where do you live, postcode etc, look on autotrader, i bought private and have had no problems whatsoever, yes you pay a premium for dealer service, really how good and what worth is dealer service

modd1uk

Feb 2, 2009
I live in Preston, t'up north so hertfordshire was quite a way to travel, really dont want to be doing that anytime soon ! Wasnt too bothered about the price as we didnt need to fork up alot really to get the car we " wanted ", dont mind paying for a car thats worth its money to me, but 6k for a 110 ? Your pulling my pisser lol

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.