PhilW's Mk3 Ibiza Project Thread - 3071 - Now Breaking!

pj1985

1.8T Power
Oct 31, 2006
Hampshire/Surrey
Wanted to ask, where did you get your Black Forest engine mounts from?

What car are they the same as? They don't list them for SEATs but some VW must share the same mounts...

Yeh i noticed that aswell. Im emaling BFi at the moment, waiting to hear back from them though. Do they work out the same price as the Vibra-technic ones?

Although they are very good for stopping engine movement they are literally solid poly mounts and give quite abit of vibration if you go over road level mounts ie race level. I originally had the race ones and although they settled down abit they were too much for a road/daily car. Literally shoock the dash. Phil would agree Im sure. They are cheaper than vt ones but you get a whole new enginered mount from them. This type are just replacement inserts.

Cars still looking good Phil. Bet your looking forward to putting a few miles on it again.

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
Nice one Phil, good to see it coming back together again :)

I need to swap the floats over on my fuel pump when I get it back, sounds easy enough though

gazcuprablk

my 300+ death box :)
Mar 31, 2006
south wales
some awesome work there m8 jus been reading through your whole thread whilst nursing a new year hangover lol, on page 7 you have tucked the wires away where did you put them m8 looks good when you cant see them

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Just down the wing gary, wasnt the nicest of things to do but it helps.

Well the car has been dead again since i last posted here, i managed to kill an alternator which on only fitted today. Went to take her out for a spin and noticed a flat tyre. lol.

At least shes washed and working now. :)

Things i need to do:

Fit new ABS sensor on drivers side
Sort the roof from rattling
Sort rattling exhaust
Fit INA manifold

And some general tidying etc...

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Bought some Genesis 550cc injectors tonight. :D So thats MAF and injectors done now.

So my INA manifold will be for sale soon as i just dont see the point in fitting it now.

4257790612_1413814595_o.jpg

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
Bought some Genesis 550cc injectors tonight. :D So thats MAF and injectors done now.

So my INA manifold will be for sale soon as i just dont see the point in fitting it now.

4257790612_1413814595_o.jpg

just out of interest what camera did you use to take that pic

butch20vt

phil didnt even now u had a build thred fair play u have had ups and down wiv your car over the past few months had a look at all the pages and took me a while tho,lol
cars looking great in the pics as well good stuff mate