OBD11 For the Tarraco

• Thread starter Deleted member 103408
  • Start date

Tell

Staff member
Please support with Tarraco My21 RDS enabling as radio station only shows as frequencies not station name
Can be done through long coding ? obdeleven
Mib3 issue. They never built in an import option for radio graphics, ditto POIs. The pdf manual shows that there should be an import option but it's not there. It won't be fixed with Obdeleven, the infotainment is SFD locked in any case.

It will require new firmware if the menu was left off by accident. Once people get hold of the firmware upload there will be better understanding of where things are placed but suspect won't help.

Think the release of Mib3 has been shabby myself, the Ateca and Tarraco haven't been effected by the wider issues of ropey software as the Leon 4 and Formentor on wider systems beyond Mib3.The grumbles you read on the other threads.

VW had a dummy release of Mib3 on the Passat in 2019 so you would have thought they would have identified the issues, radio logos, POIs, UK postcodes pointing to x,y coordinates, poor last destinations store etc... But no.

Jul 29, 2021
Mib3 issue. They never built in an import option for radio graphics, ditto POIs. The pdf manual shows that there should be an import option but it's not there. It won't be fixed with Obdeleven, the infotainment is SFD locked in any case.

It will require new firmware if the menu was left off by accident. Once people get hold of the firmware upload there will be better understanding of where things are placed but suspect won't help.

Think the release of Mib3 has been shabby myself, the Ateca and Tarraco haven't been effected by the wider issues of ropey software as the Leon 4 and Formentor on wider systems beyond Mib3.The grumbles you read on the other threads.

VW had a dummy release of Mib3 on the Passat in 2019 so you would have thought they would have identified the issues, radio logos, POIs, UK postcodes pointing to x,y coordinates, poor last destinations store etc... But no.
Thanks dear for replying 😍 , initially I am from egypt

As far as I understand , in my country many car owners claimed that it can be done through adaptation/long coding
I just received my car yesterday , so didn’t try the OBDeleven yet , however I want give a try for this silly missing feature
I read some articles regarding byte 13 in 5F module , it has text plus & RDS , but I am confused which one I have to enable

Tell

Staff member
Thanks dear for replying 😍 , initially I am from egypt

As far as I understand , in my country many car owners claimed that it can be done through adaptation/long coding
I just received my car yesterday , so didn’t try the OBDeleven yet , however I want give a try for this silly missing feature
I read some articles regarding byte 13 in 5F module , it has text plus & RDS , but I am confused which one I have to enable
Well unless it's not taking the over the air feed. It's the top up of those that aren't being transmitted that can't be loaded as per the manual.

Egypt is not on the list of countries broadcasting DAB:

Which means you can't receive over the air logos and neither can you upload them via USB since that menu was left off Mib3. Seems to be another VAG oversight on logos if the broadcaster doesn't use that method of transmission. VW have killed off their central website of logos so the writing is on the wall that they don't intend for people to import them.

Will give it a Google and see whether anything comes up on 13 in 5F module although given the unit is SFD protected I doubt any changes can be saved.

Tell

Staff member
Ok re the radio station didnt find any new news on getting mib3 logos / names in. Do you want to post up any links. Vag boards are all saying the same waiting for Vag to sort the import out. Common across the brand for mib3. The logos come via the DAB frequency. They aren't all transmitted, the ones that aren't you get nothing, no import screen. In the UK it's the commercial stations that aren't so good at transmitting logos and up-to-date logos. BBC and RTE are fine.

Wait to see your technical info tips whether there is anything in it.

Any Mib3 people like to comment since I don't have the unit... just in case missing some option to show station names.

Jul 29, 2021
Ok re the radio station didnt find any new news on getting mib3 logos / names in. Do you want to post up any links. Vag boards are all saying the same waiting for Vag to sort the import out. Common across the brand for mib3. The logos come via the DAB frequency. They aren't all transmitted, the ones that aren't you get nothing, no import screen. In the UK it's the commercial stations that aren't so good at transmitting logos and up-to-date logos. BBC and RTE are fine.

Wait to see your technical info tips whether there is anything in it.

Any Mib3 people like to comment since I don't have the unit... just in case missing some option to show station names.
appreciate your support bro
in UK , when u do scanning for the FM radio frequencies, do you get the station name ???? or it's just a frequency ?

Tell

Staff member
in UK , when u do scanning for the FM radio frequencies, do you get the station name ???? or it's just a frequency ?
That's a question for a mib3 person... one for @dan555

another one for Dan to look at here:

Not sure whether a resolution has been found on that one.

dan555

Sep 29, 2020
You can only search for frequencies if your in FM mode, not FM/DAB mode (but the setting doesn't persist)

But scanning (forward/back arrows in picture) always goes to a station with a name.
IMG_20210731_134309.jpg

If you get good reception on a station it shows the name and the logo, I'm not sure if it's doing it by frequency or name

I went to 2 different frequencies for radio 3 both times it got the name and logo, but only one had radio text

Reactions: Tell

Tell

Staff member
any coding for personalization for Tarraco ??
i found this coding but not sure it's working or not?

any support?
Tarraco pre 2020 and post 2020 model is built on the same systems as the Ateca, Tiguan 2, Leon 3 except post 2020 get the mib3, pre mib2. The link above is the mib3 entertainment system.

The different models get different light line ups so those systems are not interchangeable completely thus for those you can't use the coding and know it will work. The mib3 is covered on the Leon 4 and Formentor threads here, have a read. People have turned Android Auto Wireless on with a particular firmware release. If they have got that on the infotainment then it can be done, can't if not. You will read quite a few are waiting for firmware updates of mib3. Changing situation since what was put out has proved to be unreliable. Covered in the Formentor and Leon 4 threads. The rest of the systems in the Tarraco and indeed Ateca are rock solid as all previous Seats prior to the platform that the Leon 4 and Formentor use.

The Allspace and Kodiak are the sister cars to the Tarraco so that's another area to look at. Spanish and German boards are good with some of the stuff plus the Obdeleven forum obviously. I steer people away from the micropayment apps and say do full coding with the Pro license. Backup before you code. You email the settings to your self. Obdeleven does have a history file in it so you can see what you did. Use of black block micropayment apps rather than coding will be tricky to correct if they go wrong.

The Ateca coding which applies to the Tarraco is covered in the Ateca thread where the systems are the same, where not, lights etc you have to research that. Mib3 etc.

The scientific approach prevails with coding. Steady and careful.

I trust that helps.

Jul 29, 2021
Tarraco pre 2020 and post 2020 model is built on the same systems as the Ateca, Tiguan 2, Leon 3 except post 2020 get the mib3, pre mib2. The link above is the mib3 entertainment system.

The different models get different light line ups so those systems are not interchangeable completely thus for those you can't use the coding and know it will work. The mib3 is covered on the Leon 4 and Formentor threads here, have a read. People have turned Android Auto Wireless on with a particular firmware release. If they have got that on the infotainment then it can be done, can't if not. You will read quite a few are waiting for firmware updates of mib3. Changing situation since what was put out has proved to be unreliable. Covered in the Formentor and Leon 4 threads. The rest of the systems in the Tarraco and indeed Ateca are rock solid as all previous Seats prior to the platform that the Leon 4 and Formentor use.

The Allspace and Kodiak are the sister cars to the Tarraco so that's another area to look at. Spanish and German boards are good with some of the stuff plus the Obdeleven forum obviously. I steer people away from the micropayment apps and say do full coding with the Pro license. Backup before you code. You email the settings to your self. Obdeleven does have a history file in it so you can see what you did. Use of black block micropayment apps rather than coding will be tricky to correct if they go wrong.

The Ateca coding which applies to the Tarraco is covered in the Ateca thread where the systems are the same, where not, lights etc you have to research that. Mib3 etc.

The scientific approach prevails with coding. Steady and careful.

I trust that helps.
Thanks Tell
Mine is MY21 , MIB3 equipped , but tried this coding on another car , but didn’t show up which was strange for me
For sure I don’t like quick apps, I use long coding
My dilemma is how to really get the fully specs of my MIB3, as I am afraid that leon & Tiguan are equipped with different HW version of MIB3, thus coding & functions won’t be applicable

Tell

Staff member
Thanks Tell
Mine is MY21 , MIB3 equipped , but tried this coding on another car , but didn’t show up which was strange for me
For sure I don’t like quick apps, I use long coding
My dilemma is how to really get the fully specs of my MIB3, as I am afraid that leon & Tiguan are equipped with different HW version of MIB3, thus coding & functions won’t be applicable
Generally you dont play with the infotainment system. The systems are locked down with SFD but Obdeleven can handle that now. Other coders may not. Early days with coding mib3 one suspects although as said people have turned on AAW. I tend to think that if the firmware is going to be updated for free on mib3 units best not to meddle too much in the meantime. What will be upgraded for free is a different matter, but Formentor and Leon4 people think they will get something. It's a wait and see I reckon on that one.

Jul 29, 2021
Generally you dont play with the infotainment system. The systems are locked down with SFD but Obdeleven can handle that now. Other coders may not. Early days with coding mib3 one suspects although as said people have turned on AAW. I tend to think that if the firmware is going to be updated for free on mib3 units best not to meddle too much in the meantime. What will be upgraded for free is a different matter, but Formentor and Leon4 people think they will get something. It's a wait and see I reckon on that one.
fully agree Tell
i think it's firmware dependent , but although it's country customization strategy
even though , the firmware version has many build number which include/miss some features.

anyway, will give it a try

regarding personalization on MIB3 , do u have any guidance?

t_v

Feb 19, 2021
Added Enable "rear window wiping in reverse gear" control under "Mirror and wiper setup" (h/t Ryan)

Reactions: Tell

Tell

Staff member
I am looking into it, it is one of the settings under the wiper section but haven't found it yet.
Not this ?

Suspect it's the comfort wipe ?.

Screenshot_20230102-130647.png

Screenshot_20230102-130703.png

The Golf 7 has the text

Rear Wiper Adjustment on Car Menu
Select Control unit 09 (Central Electrics)
Security access
Access code 31347
Adaptation
(2) Select Rear wiper-menu control Comfort Wipe HW
Value=Not Active

Reckon in Obdeleven it's in German.... I could be barking up the wrong tree thou.

My "secret method"... assuming that's it. I use a screen shot and Google translate from image when I hit a lot of German in Obdeleven. If you don't have that wiper menu option then that will be a suppressed menu held in the infotainment unit. Which you'd find. Toggle on and reboot.

Screenshot_20230102-132118.png

Last edited:

t_v

Feb 19, 2021
Not this ?

Suspect it's the comfort wipe ?.

View attachment 34996

View attachment 34997

The Golf 7 has the text

Rear Wiper Adjustment on Car Menu
Select Control unit 09 (Central Electrics)
Security access
Access code 31347
Adaptation
(2) Select Rear wiper-menu control Comfort Wipe HW
Value=Not Active

Reckon in Obdeleven it's in German.... I could be barking up the wrong tree thou.

My "secret method"... assuming that's it. I use a screen shot and Google translate from image when I hit a lot of German in Obdeleven.

View attachment 34998
I thought you meant that there is an extra setting where the rear wipers are configured independently for wiping when raining.

The mod described above is the latest implementation I have submitted.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.