MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Kenton

Jun 19, 2018
So my ST 4Drive with BW41, but data release BW43 will be one of the last before Copper badging and keeping red calipers?

BipedalMale

Jun 21, 2018
Way down west...
Just been mentioned in another thread thought I’d share in case others don’t see it.

QUOTE="Scrogg, post: 4801282, member: 113769"]Although already being discussed/debated in other threads, I thought it would make sense to post this as a new thread so it doesn't get quickly lost.

SEAT UK have today announced specification changes for the MY19 CUPRA, that will come into effect once production starts in cw42 (week-commencing 15th October):

Exterior Changes
Copper SEAT badges
Black brake calipers
Copper SEAT logo on alloy wheels
Black CUPRA flag
Black rear CUPRA lettering

Interior Changes
Copper SEAT logo on steering wheel
Interior copper and black detailing (although what this actually means is not specified)
Copper media screen logo

As I understand it, customer orders originally ordered as MY18 and then centrally-amended to MY19 that are built before cw42 will not have these changes, but those built from cw42 will.

They have also confirmed basic technical data for the 290 models (although have yet to confirm whether it will be 6spd or 7spd DSG-auto):

0-62 mph - 6.0 secs (down from 5.8 secs on 300PS)
Combined CO2 - 152 g/km (down from 158 g/km on 300PS)
Combined MPG - 42.2 (up from 40.9 on 300PS)

More details as-and-when they become available...

Where is the "dislike" button... HA!

Thanks for the update though, it would appear that is what I am getting then?

It will be interesting to find out in due course what happens with "legacy" options that are no longer available...

Though, perhaps all will be forgiven if us "copper w*nkers" get the 7 Speed DSG.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Just been mentioned in another thread thought I’d share in case others don’t see it.

QUOTE="Scrogg, post: 4801282, member: 113769"]Although already being discussed/debated in other threads, I thought it would make sense to post this as a new thread so it doesn't get quickly lost.

SEAT UK have today announced specification changes for the MY19 CUPRA, that will come into effect once production starts in cw42 (week-commencing 15th October):

Exterior Changes
Copper SEAT badges
Black brake calipers
Copper SEAT logo on alloy wheels
Black CUPRA flag
Black rear CUPRA lettering

Interior Changes
Copper SEAT logo on steering wheel
Interior copper and black detailing (although what this actually means is not specified)
Copper media screen logo

As I understand it, customer orders originally ordered as MY18 and then centrally-amended to MY19 that are built before cw42 will not have these changes, but those built from cw42 will.

They have also confirmed basic technical data for the 290 models (although have yet to confirm whether it will be 6spd or 7spd DSG-auto):

0-62 mph - 6.0 secs (down from 5.8 secs on 300PS)
Combined CO2 - 152 g/km (down from 158 g/km on 300PS)
Combined MPG - 42.2 (up from 40.9 on 300PS)

More details as-and-when they become available...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]This is why I was asking @Damo7 yesterday whether week 42 was significant.
I guess the Dutch site was accurate after all.

Explains my delay and all the waiting on Technical data.

Not sure what to think about the week 38 -41 builds now. Some of you may have gotten away with it I.e desire red and mystery blue.

Hope it works on Navada white.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

AlexOS

Fair play to Damo7.. but it’s still going to look absolutely **** on all colours apart from grey and possibly white.

They only sold the special edition with copper badging in grey as they obviously saw it looked on other colours, but I guess they must have overordered the copper badging and want to get rid of them..

Not happy... :banghead::censored:

Reactions: Smolyneux85

Matt-taylor

May 1, 2018
Fair play to Damo7.. but it’s still going to look absolutely **** on all colours apart from grey and possibly white.

They only sold the special edition with copper badging in grey as they obviously saw it looked on other colours, but I guess they must have overordered the copper badging and want to get rid of them..

Looks like mine and walshys will be a hybrid with a 290 engine and current badges

I prefer the red calipers

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield

Just rang my case manager and asked if they could change the color from white to grey given the circumstances.

At least I don't have to pay for the Black lettering now....

Smolyneux85

Jun 22, 2018
North West
Where is the "dislike" button... HA!

Thanks for the update though, it would appear that is what I am getting then?

It will be interesting to find out in due course what happens with "legacy" options that are no longer available...

Though, perhaps all will be forgiven if us "copper w*nkers" get the 7 Speed DSG.

I’ll be changing mine to copper if they have 7 speed DSG! People will think mine is 7 speed then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: dave_c and walshy

Matt-taylor

May 1, 2018
Can someone confirm

With the 300ps spec the 0-62 time is 5.8 seconds

The 290 spec 0-62 time is 6 seconds

The distance traveled for the 300 to get to 62 is 106.7 meters

The distance traveled for the 290 is 166.2 meters

Meaning the distance (if there was a drag race) between the 300 and 290 crossing the line would be the 290 is 59.5 meters behind

Surely is not that far behind is it??

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
What's up with the 0-62 time It's worse than the previous DSG 290.

on paper it's slower than my manual 280.

Damn.. All that copper must be adding weight

Reactions: Paul1979

Paul1979

Mar 30, 2018
So i have a BW42....so thats a ST 4 Drive in white with copper badges etc.

Although..the technical data for the ST has not yet been released so not even sure these copper changes will affect that aswell?

Are the wheels going to be the same ones?

AlexOS

I’d guess the same wheels..

And for the 4drive at the back... copper seat badge, black letters, black flag (I’m assuming no red flash for the 300).. then let your eyes glide slowly left until... BOOM.. you are blinded by the shiny sliver 4drive badge!!! That won’t look out of place either.. :ban:

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
Anyone know the Seat part number for the CUPRA letters in black for the rear tailgate? I don't really want them in chrome as they'll be from the factory.

walshy

Jan 27, 2016
North West, UK
Engine and Drive Train
Engine Size
1984 cc

Gears

Number of Valves

Transmission
DSG

Fuel Consumption
EC Combined
42.2 mpg

EC Extra Urban
51.4 mpg

EC Urban
32.8 mpg

Taken from a lease site updated today.

It'll be interesting to see if BW38-41 get 6 speed and 42 onwards get 7

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.