MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

indyjones

Aug 14, 2017
Just had an 'update' on the ST 4drive, still no build week and apparently technical data now due November.... :banghead2

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
If you done a gpf delete you wouldn't be able to do away with it unless it was programmed out and refitted for its first MOT. Assuming they work in the same ways as a DPF.

Smolyneux85

Jun 22, 2018
North West
Would anyone reject the car if it came now with an exhaust that makes it as quiet as the rest of the leon range???

I'd be tempted. For me they have changed the goal posts that much, a forced colour change, a forced power change, a massive delay. To get it with no exhaust note would probably be enough to just tell them to keep it.

Same here I’m desperate for a car been with no car since June.

I’ve thought about jumping ship and getting another car but for the price I’ve paid there’s nothing I like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

walshy

Jan 27, 2016
North West, UK
If you done a gpf delete you wouldn't be able to do away with it unless it was programmed out and refitted for its first MOT. Assuming they work in the same ways as a DPF.

I heard they might be passive and have no sensors and don't need to be programmed out but that could just be speculation and I have no evidence to back that up, you may be correct

Reactions: Copra68

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
I heard they might be passive and have no sensors and don't need to be programmed out but that could just be speculation and I have no evidence to back that up, you may be correct
They seem very different to the DPF which ruined my old FR.

How the petrol particulate filter works:

The new filter is tucked in behind the engine a few centimetres from the turbo, heats up very quickly and becomes effective seconds after starting from cold. At its core, exhaust is forced through the walls of channels blocked off at alternate ends. The trapped particulates are superheated, reduced to CO2 and, at the same time, the unwanted HC, NOx and CO are converted to small amounts of CO2, nitrogen and water.

After leaving the filter, exhaust gases pass through a second, conventional three-way catalytic converter mounted beneath the floor. This ensures the tailpipe exhaust complies with the latest level of EU6c emissions standards even when the engine is working flat out. The Up GTI is subject to the new WLTP (World Harmonised Test Procedure) and RDE (Real Driving Emissions) testing standards. Like EU6c, WLTP applies to all new types of car introduced after September 2017. WLTP should ensure the quoted emissions are much closer to real world outputs.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/...ips-petrol-cars-particulate-filter-technology

"Each filter costs around £25, requires no maintenance, doesn’t increase fuel consumption and is simpler than a DPF because it won’t clog up in urban running as the exhaust from a petrol engine is hot enough to allow the filter to clean itself without any extra help."

https://www.greencarguide.co.uk/features/gasoline-particulate-filter-gpf/

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: walshy

Kenton

Jun 19, 2018
So........, Seat CS confirmed on telephone today that the ST 4Drive, with no additional options added at time of order, which was originally ordered 15th June 2018 has a provisional build week of 41, but a warning that full details won't be released until week 43. The question of spec, possible upgrades to Winter Pack etc. I need to get clarified by supplying dealer.

Hope that helps add to the current picture, but please shout back if I've been unclear.

olaf

Dodo Lover!!
Aug 19, 2006
Ipswich
Very similar order date to mine expect I went to town on the options.

My lease company, Nationwide Vehicle Contracts, are quoting 8th February as the dealer delivery date at the moment.

Damo7

Sep 11, 2016
That's all that's been published so far, plus the inclusion of metallic paint. Some have suggested the winter pack too for the UK.

As it's a run out model we were told not to expect much else.

A few CS staff have hinted at MY19 changes but none new what, and where probably basing it on previous.

@Damo7 - originally you were quoting week 42 for your copper changes long before we knew about week 42. Do you have any more insights?
Obviously production started at week 38.

When the factory reopened and started production again it was for MY19. There shouldn't have been anymore 300 fwd cars produced.

Obviously it would say on the order on the SLI which model year.

Can't imagine orders built from week 38 will be any different from mine built after week 42, when it arrives. It makes more sense that my spec is in the minority and has yet to go through testing.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I’ve heard nothing really new.
I’ve got BW 43 confirmed for my 4Drive,

I had ordered a matte pack but that was removed from my order due to the new copper badging etc. When I was informed of this I saw an email on screen that showed “from 42/2018” so that’s where the 42 came from.

I’m 100% convinced that my car will arrive as I’ve previously described. I’m worried as mystery blue and copper will be septic

Anyway. BW confirmed and that’s the main point. I’ll buy silver badges if needs be

Kenton

Jun 19, 2018
Very similar order date to mine expect I went to town on the options.

My lease company, Nationwide Vehicle Contracts, are quoting 8th February as the dealer delivery date at the moment.
Also with Nationwide, they said 28/01/2019 to dealer. I'm hoping for just before Xmas, but who knows.

Reactions: olaf

olaf

Dodo Lover!!
Aug 19, 2006
Ipswich
Also with Nationwide, they said 28/01/2019 to dealer. I'm hoping for just before Xmas, but who knows.

I was originally after getting a car for the end of January when my current Golf GTD PCP ends.

I'm accepting of the fact I'll probably have to make the balloon payment and then flog it when the Cupra finally arrives.

So if it turns up before then it'll be a bonus!

Sukhraj

Sep 30, 2018
Just stating what I've been told. I thought it'd be a month or so after delivery. If they can do that then great result.

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
I'm hoping the car still pops and bangs otherwise I'll be very disspapitned. Was looking to get a res delete done aswell when the Car arrived..
If the crackle/pop/bang on overrun has been mapped out, then res delete won’t change that I’d say.

LS26

Apr 25, 2018
Anyone in a similar position to me?

Ordered 1 May, 5 dr, DSG, Grey, Seat Sound.

IMG say they’re expecting the car end of October early November. However called Seat today and I still don’t have a provisional build week so zero chance of that happening.

Seen plenty of people here who’ve ordered after with build weeks, similar spec at times too by the looks of it. Can’t work out how they’re ordering things.

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
Anyone in a similar position to me?

Ordered 1 May, 5 dr, DSG, Grey, Seat Sound.

IMG say they’re expecting the car end of October early November. However called Seat today and I still don’t have a provisional build week so zero chance of that happening.

Seen plenty of people here who’ve ordered after with build weeks, similar spec at times too by the looks of it. Can’t work out how they’re ordering things.
I ordered in February and others have been waiting longer, I have just been given the first week in November as a build week. Its pot luck what date you get but there will be a backlog in front of you of 2 or 3 months.

LS26

Apr 25, 2018
I ordered in February and others have been waiting longer, I have just been given the first week in November as a build week. Its pot luck what date you get but there will be a backlog in front of you of 2 or 3 months.

Thanks, like you say, seems to be pot luck. Seen people with June orders with build weeks. Complete lack of clarity and communication though.

Matt-taylor

May 1, 2018
Seems like mine never made it onto the ship

Dealer told me

“Dealer support have told me the vehicle is due to be loaded to be on the ship leaving 8th October.

I will be able to confirm this next Tuesday.

As soon as I have an update next week I'll give you an update.”

Oh well what another week in 7 months

Reactions: walshy

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
Thanks, like you say, seems to be pot luck. Seen people with June orders with build weeks. Complete lack of clarity and communication though.
I see you ordered the exact same as me aswell DSG in Grey with Seat sound. Will be worth the wait will be a cracking car!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members