MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Liam

Jul 6, 2018
Gloucester
I just received a call from SEAT explaining why I don't have a build week and thought I'd share...

Is this yet another helping of misinformation...?!

So apparently my car has flagged as a MY19 and the WLTP testing data isn't available for it.
Due to this it won't be built until after that data has been received in week 42.

I asked about other Cupra's being built and it was suggested that they may not be MY19.

"facepalm"

Obviously at this stage I couldn't ask her to confirm that the others already being built weren't MY19.

I'd have thought it would have been more reasonable to assume that a Cupra with my particular spec hadn't been tested yet, whilst other configurations had - like @Liam suggested.

That would have been easier to believe.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Perhaps the options that you have specified mean it has been pushed back to MY19 and therefore requires testing, whereas more basic specifications (i.e no added weight) have existing data and therefore can be built.

Smolyneux85

Jun 22, 2018
North West
66a43194d89fdd31620f56891aecf8fe.png

On the plus side... competitive rates on hair transplant, might help with all the stress of ordering a Cupra haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Perhaps the options that you have specified mean it has been pushed back to MY19 and therefore requires testing, whereas more basic specifications (i.e no added weight) have existing data and therefore can be built.
But surely they're all MY19 now?!
I have specified a few options but it's only the panroof and the Beats I'd expect to be different.
The acc, winter pack and camera are minimal.

I suppose it's sum of them all that need testing.

In all this time I could have justified the buckets with the money saved - only option I regret not adding.

Reactions: walshy

walshy

Jan 27, 2016
North West, UK
I have specified a few options but it's only the panroof and the Beats I'd expect to be different.

In all this time I could have justified the buckets with the money saved - only option I regret not adding.

I feel you, I've had all this time to think and I wish id specced the audio, the pano roof and the buckets

olaf

Dodo Lover!!
Aug 19, 2006
Ipswich

I keep thinking I shouldn't have gone for buckets when I see how much they're costing me each month!

I've not even had a chance to sit in them. Hope they're worth it.

AlexOS

Personally I’m pretty happy with the basic.. although maybe the audio would be good.. piano roof doesn’t interest me and the bucket seats just take up some leg room from the back.. I don’t find them any more comfortable... but that’s just me... maybe the Kessy would have been good, but a lot of people don’t lie that.

Reactions: Liam

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
I feel you, I've had all this time to think and I wish id specced the audio, the pano roof and the buckets
It is 2k worth of options though

To be honest I only spec'd the roof and audio because I had both options in the S3 courtesy car last year.

The B&O showed me how much better bassy tracks could sound and the roof brightened up the cabin and made it feel bigger some how.

It had the supersport seats too, so I was looking at the buckets but I was up to 3.5k on extras. Dropped the buckets in favor of the skirts - but now it's looking like I'm getting them free.

School boy error as I could have bought the skirts at a later date.

The 280 has the standard sound system and it's very decent.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Personally I’m pretty happy with the basic.. although maybe the audio would be good.. piano roof doesn’t interest me and the bucket seats just take up some leg room from the back.. I don’t find them any more comfortable... but that’s just me... maybe the Kessy would have been good, but a lot of people don’t lie that.
Your's is a 4xdrive though. If that was an option on the 5dr I'd have gone without the roof and audio

BipedalMale

Jun 21, 2018
Way down west...
Anyone in a similar position to me?

Ordered 1 May, 5 dr, DSG, Grey, Seat Sound.

IMG say they’re expecting the car end of October early November. However called Seat today and I still don’t have a provisional build week so zero chance of that happening.

Seen plenty of people here who’ve ordered after with build weeks, similar spec at times too by the looks of it. Can’t work out how they’re ordering things.

I am in a similar position, ordered late May.

Same spec (though with rear camera too).

The last I heard from SCS was that my order had not been accepted by the factory.

My lease company have said for months it will be delivered in late November, but I am losing faith in that date...

Smolyneux85

Jun 22, 2018
North West
Just been mentioned in another thread thought I’d share in case others don’t see it.

QUOTE="Scrogg, post: 4801282, member: 113769"]Although already being discussed/debated in other threads, I thought it would make sense to post this as a new thread so it doesn't get quickly lost.

SEAT UK have today announced specification changes for the MY19 CUPRA, that will come into effect once production starts in cw42 (week-commencing 15th October):

Exterior Changes
Copper SEAT badges
Black brake calipers
Copper SEAT logo on alloy wheels
Black CUPRA flag
Black rear CUPRA lettering

Interior Changes
Copper SEAT logo on steering wheel
Interior copper and black detailing (although what this actually means is not specified)
Copper media screen logo

As I understand it, customer orders originally ordered as MY18 and then centrally-amended to MY19 that are built before cw42 will not have these changes, but those built from cw42 will.

They have also confirmed basic technical data for the 290 models (although have yet to confirm whether it will be 6spd or 7spd DSG-auto):

0-62 mph - 6.0 secs (down from 5.8 secs on 300PS)
Combined CO2 - 152 g/km (down from 158 g/km on 300PS)
Combined MPG - 42.2 (up from 40.9 on 300PS)

More details as-and-when they become available...[/QUOTE]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members