k1 middle silencer removal

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
It does slightly, the rear section is different, just like the LCR rear section is different

GREG_R84

Keep right on
Oct 3, 2007
Tamworth
In the end it cost me £65. Worth the money if you want to keep the OEM look at the rear and not sound like a chav. On idle the exhaust now produces a nice burble sound, not much change in sound at mid range but sounds just right higher up the revs. No drone from inside the cabin and the car seems to pull better higher up the rev range.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
In the end it cost me £65. Worth the money if you want to keep the OEM look at the rear and not sound like a chav. On idle the exhaust now produces a nice burble sound, not much change in sound at mid range but sounds just right higher up the revs. No drone from inside the cabin and the car seems to pull better higher up the rev range.

Any lights showing up on the dash? Looking into this...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
No lights or error codes. Covered nearly 200 miles since it was done

Great stuff! Anyone know of a place in the Midlands to do this sort of thing?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

tonycane

Feb 17, 2009
wolverhampton/solihull
quick update, its been just over a week since the middle box was removed, the exhaust note is a little deeper and it gives a nice note when revved, was worth doing. sounds better, and car feels abit more free revving. excellent service at john ashley exhausts in walsall, £65 quid for stainless piepe and the welds look spot on.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Do you guys keep the Silencer or just letting the garage take it?

Maybe a silly question..

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise