How come dealers wont give me a price??

AdamRoutley

Use The Force!!
Feb 22, 2007
Walsall
www.myspace.com
was curious as to what price i could get for my FR...as im considering getting a LCR...phoned around the dealers today and nobody would give me a rough estimate???? but when i was selling my ibiza S to them they all gave me quotes straight away :confused: [:@]

Jun 24, 2007
durham
they dont give you one unless they have seen the car i tried with my c2 and they refused to give me a price

Mike Green

Cupra crazy
May 4, 2007
Surrey
Yes its definately because they want to see the state of the car - found that one out with a friend who was selling his car and he asked the garage for a price.

Our version of mint may not be theirs - and they don't want the hassle of saying a price that we would class as VGC and then have a possible argument when they see the car and they class it as ok condition, subsequently offering £500 less.

Some obviously will over the phone, but tbh if I had my garage I would need to see the state of the car before I gave a price. Just the same as most people would not buy a car before they had a good look at it!

AdamRoutley

Use The Force!!
Feb 22, 2007
Walsall
www.myspace.com
i totally agree with you. but when i was saying to them, i understand you cant give me an exact quote and im just after a generally ball park figure, they still wouldnt :-O now i think thats just down right selfish!! :lol:

megsy7

They should be able to at least give your a rough idea what it would be. I work for a dealership and they can CAP or GLASS a vehicle basing it on below average, average or good. Just asking them to give you the average figure least it gives you a figure to work off. But to be honest i would always sell privately

AdamRoutley

Use The Force!!
Feb 22, 2007
Walsall
www.myspace.com
at first i thought of parkers and thought, "nah they wont give me nowhere near that" and the reason i dont want to sell privately is because my car is on finance, and if i can get one from the place i had mine from then i could get them some extra cash and continue paying off the finance without the hassle of getting a loan

caveo

i hate dealers , when i was shopping around i wuold see a car i liked and say to the dealer that i like one and ask wot price they would give for mine and they would ask wot car i was interested in , i would say , im not telling you and they would say they couldnt give a price on my car till they know which one im after.......FOOKIN SHADEY T*ATS !!! i hate em all

megsy7

I think i am right in thinking that as soon as you sell your car you have to pay off the finance on the vehicle straight away even if you part ex

megsy7

i hate dealers , when i was shopping around i wuold see a car i liked and say to the dealer that i like one and ask wot price they would give for mine and they would ask wot car i was interested in , i would say , im not telling you and they would say they couldnt give a price on my car till they know which one im after.......FOOKIN SHADEY T*ATS !!! i hate em all

how can the dealers give you a price if you don't tell them what car you want to buy? If they have a car that has been in stock a while they are more likely to give you more for your car against that one. So you will find your price will vary depending on what car you are looking at nothing shady about that
p.s my boyfriend was a salesman for seat for two years

Jul 10, 2007
Leeds
I think i am right in thinking that as soon as you sell your car you have to pay off the finance on the vehicle straight away even if you part ex

I think you do if the loan is secured on the car. Dealers will do this for you as part of the deal, as they couldn't accept a car that you technically don't own.

caveo

how can the dealers give you a price if you don't tell them what car you want to buy? If they have a car that has been in stock a while they are more likely to give you more for your car against that one. So you will find your price will vary depending on what car you are looking at nothing shady about that
p.s my boyfriend was a salesman for seat for two years

you car ( your pride n joy) should be worth what its worth , no wonder folk get miffed, but one way around it is what ever they knock of yours just knock off theirs, they dont like it back at em.:p

niddvaleseat

Give me a call on 01423 500005 and I'll try and explain why you've not been given any figures and then give you a rough idea.

Julian
Nidd Vale SEAT Harrogate

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members