Goodyear F1 Eagles Lifespan

homemade

i had those tyres for a while i wasn't that impressed by them . take a look at uniroyal rain sprot 2 tyres i've had these on my car for the last three yours and there fantastic all round.

Mar 29, 2007
Berkshire
i had those tyres for a while i wasn't that impressed by them . take a look at uniroyal rain sprot 2 tyres i've had these on my car for the last three yours and there fantastic all round.
With that many 'typos' in one sentence, are you sure you didn't get the letters and numbers muddled up and buy a different tyre instead? ;)

downrodeo

Apr 12, 2009
West London
i found them to be an excellent tyre mate in wet and dry and the while there is tyre noise in the cabin its no worse than any of the other tyres out there, i got 8k on a remapped LCR, which is good.Got dunlops Sp9090 after them to try something different and it was a big mistake, shites tyre, nearly gone after 4k with no grip in the wet.

Haha, ironically I have eagle f1s on the front and dunlops on the back and as you said the arse slides around in the wet

Nef

Looking Rather Dappa
Mar 30, 2009
Cambridge
Currently looking at getting a set of these on the front, are they the Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3 ?

Dyscontinued

Apr 15, 2007
Leeds
Haha, ironically I have eagle f1s on the front and dunlops on the back and as you said the arse slides around in the wet

and to add to my point of comfort and quietness when I replaced my front falkens with F1 Asym it was so much quieter but I put that down to them been right infront of me. Then I replaced the rears and the whole ride was much quieter.

Anyone notice the strange noise they make in country road wall echo?

blue51

Jul 21, 2009
SW London
Surely if lifespan is most important you should buy some cheapo rock hard ditch finders?

haha! yes, you can have my acceleras when I change mine if you like (hopefully very very soon), swear the tread has not worn at all but they have gotten even worse!

btw, I've got 16's so can't have F1asyms; was tempted by the great recommendations on here for GSD3's but tyrereviews. co. uk / tyres gives low wear rate feedback. my money's prob going on bridgestone potenza RE050A (seem best allrounder for 16's)

lordgibbness pointed out in a previous post the importance of when the tyre was actually made, this is supported by at least one of the tyre reviews: evo / autoexpress have a good offer where you can download their tyrereviews and get trial subscription (incl free tool kit) for £1!

seem to remember that conti sportcontacts (version 3 if you have 17's or above) have a very good wear rate...

Nov 29, 2007
Mansfield, Notts
I must be easier on my tyres than most... I've done about 14k on mine and there is still 1-2mm left above the minimum wear block. I do the occassional motorway trip but is is mainly town and A/B roads on the way to work (total of 50-60 miles per day).

Excellent value for money and I would get them again.

dg-1984

May 28, 2008
Glasgow'ish
The GSD3's are the older tyres but are excellent had them on my old 106 gti and were bar far best tyres I have used, not got good tyres on the LCR yet but its first thing I am doing once money is available.

Its just amazing the difference between good and cheap tyres, looking at it from a safety point of view good tyres could save your life as the grip in dry and wet is so much improved. Cheap tyres should not be allowed they are just down right dangerous.

Last edited:

homemade

With that many 'typos' in one sentence, are you sure you didn't get the letters and numbers muddled up and buy a different tyre instead? ;)

lol oops sorry about that guys im so thick , you know what i mean though?

tonyjo

Done 9k on my Eagle F1s on my vRS. They are hardly worn, and the car does get driven hard when I get the chance.

I have Pirelli P Zero on my LCR. Covered 7k in 2 years and they are close to the limit. They are good tyres but wear very quickly and produce lots of annoying road noise. When they need replacing, I will definitely treat my LCR to F1s.

Plus, the F1s are MUCH cheaper than PZeros.

ManOnTheMoor

Apr 22, 2007
I had a set of four put on after reading that they were good. They were suprising quiet when on the motorway. Took a while to trust them in corners as the side wall strength was not the same as Bridgestones had on before - you'd turn in, there'd be a moment of hesitation as the the tyre took the strain, then theyd dig in, Correct tyre pressures and rating etc. Didn't last that long but not phased as i'd rather stay on the road - about 6000 miles

Front tyre history (P6000 remained on rear until Goodyears took over, still in use)

pirelli p6000 on when purchased. OK nothing amazing
pirelli p zero rosso asymetrico better than above, good in wet
bridgestone re040 - fantastic even when completely worn down - the pirelli on the rear let go despite more tread so sideways we went but lastest 4000
Goodyears - not bad nice tyre pattern, but returned to...
bridgestone potenza re050a - got for cheaper than goodyears have been good in the dry and wet
Next....dont know been told the new Goodyears have stonger side wall...looking around myself...

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
vdrestien ultrac sessanta's (spelling is wrong but google will correct it for you!!) are an awesome tyre. Got them on my remapped LCR at the moment and they are nothing shy of brilliant! In the wet and dry these are a fanastic tyre; stiff sidewalls too :) oh, and the tread pattern looks very very cool! :cartman:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise