Goodyear F1 Eagles Lifespan

rallynut

Dec 25, 2008
What are these tyres like to live with comfort,road noise,grip and more importantly lifespan?
What are people experiences?
Thanks

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
What are these tyres like to live with comfort,road noise,grip and more importantly lifespan?
What are people experiences?
Thanks

i found them to be an excellent tyre mate in wet and dry and the while there is tyre noise in the cabin its no worse than any of the other tyres out there, i got 8k on a remapped LCR, which is good.Got dunlops Sp9090 after them to try something different and it was a big mistake, shites tyre, nearly gone after 4k with no grip in the wet.

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
I have 3mm left on the fronts and 6mm or so on the rears after 11k miles of fast driving.

Wow, my lead foot must be heavier than i thought, thats good going mate considering the power you are laying down. i drive on a lot of crappy roads in ireland so i imagine this may impact my tyre wear if i am trying to put down power on uneven road surfaces.

Dyscontinued

Apr 15, 2007
Leeds
Last longer then Falkens on mine and much bette at everything, not just grip but also often forgotten comfort, quieter, less crashy etc

Not sure on miles tbh. Taken over 4 months to go from 3mm to legal limit.

Skint

Because i'm worthless..
Dec 7, 2008
On the A281
I got through a pair of fronts on my cupra in less than 8000 miles.
That was driving with traction control on and not driving like a t**t.

They are fantastic tyres, but for the extra expense and decreased longevity you will have to drive bloody hard to get your moneys worth out of them tbh.

rallynut

Dec 25, 2008
sounds good then just bought a pair for £70 on ebay with 6.5 mm remaining so not bad they come with about 8mm new i think

Mar 29, 2007
Berkshire
Wow, my lead foot must be heavier than i thought, thats good going mate considering the power you are laying down. i drive on a lot of crappy roads in ireland so i imagine this may impact my tyre wear if i am trying to put down power on uneven road surfaces.
Heh thanks it must be my smooth driving style LOL. In all seriousness though I don't drive slowly and they've done me pretty well!

Dyscontinued

Apr 15, 2007
Leeds
As some kind of notice that they're soft, my front left is on the limit whereas front right has about 2mm left (ordered new ones last friday).

Maybe that's due to roundabouts?

JamJay

California Bound
I have alot of those speed humps around my way which are like little squares. You have to position you car over the centre of them, causing the tyres to run on the inner edge over them. I'm sure they're causing uneven wear.

JamJay

California Bound
Yup, pain in the @rse. I have to hit them when ever I go out so I swear they've done some damage to the tyres. I had 4-wheel alignment done so it's not the camber or toe. Think I might try Toyo next time as they're cheaper and I can test my theory.

Mar 29, 2007
Berkshire
It's worthwhile going over them very slowly with one wheel in the centre of the hump if you can.

Of course that means you've got to put up with people one inch behind you every time you go over one, as they wonder what on earth you are doing! :)

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
I've been getting 15,000 miles plus out of a set rotating these from the reaer to the front.
These are excellent tyre proven on dry/wet and track days.
I wouldn't consider anything else apart from the newer Dunlop Maxx TT's, Hankook V12's and perhaps Michilin PS2's.
Tyres are very very important and for me not a finantial decision, more a function decision.

stevei'D

Jul 22, 2008
Did 7k in my TDi 150. Excellent tyre can't fault them just a little dissapointed with the wear rate. Wet grip excells, surpasses anything i've had before. Dry grip - if you crash your car with these through lack of grip in the dry your simply driving to fast!

If I were to choose again I'd have the Bridgestone RE050A, they lasted me 10K, dry grip I felt was better than the F1A's I had, they lasted a little longer and I found more grip from them towards the limit. Although they couldn't match the F1A's in the wet.

You can't go wrong with F1A's is the quick answer:clap:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise