Electric drive not working correctly. Please visit workshop.

Smoggy

Nov 3, 2023
Hi, so sorry to hear you are having this issue. I had all the EV batteries replaced along with some other components. I have not had any issues since. The warning has not appeared again. However unlike your issue when the warning came on my vehicle I could not start the car at all, it was a dead brick. There was definitely something wrong with my batteries, and since the replacement I can see them charging from re-generation (braking etc...) and that never happened before the batteries where replaced. The 12v battery was also replaced as part of the work. Hope this helps but if you need any further info I will happily try and help.

Hope you get sorted soon.

Aug 13, 2024
Hi, so sorry to hear you are having this issue. I had all the EV batteries replaced along with some other components. I have not had any issues since. The warning has not appeared again. However unlike your issue when the warning came on my vehicle I could not start the car at all, it was a dead brick. There was definitely something wrong with my batteries, and since the replacement I can see them charging from re-generation (braking etc...) and that never happened before the batteries where replaced. The 12v battery was also replaced as part of the work. Hope this helps but if you need any further info I will happily try and help.

Hope you get sorted soon.
Thank you so much! Yes, I still have the braking re-generation charging functioning. Booked an appointment at the garage - first available is 12 September (living in France, and not a huge choice nearby), so will see what they stay. At least it is still under warranty. If I get the "electric drive not working" message again, I will just call the VW/SEAT breakdown service from the garage and hopefully they'll have to deal with it more quickly. Thanks again!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.