Arm rest for a R

ALEX**

WTF
Feb 26, 2004
south-East
Visit site
ok for those of u like me that get just the bracket from the dealers the audi part numbers for the bolts (hopefully same as seat) are

2x N90301901
2x N10155901
1x N90226403
1x 1J0711354

thats the all the mounting bolts u need, if u buy it all in one go from seat im sure u get all this.

magic77

Soot Machine
Jan 20, 2004
Camberley - Surrey
Visit site
Nice one Alex though as far as I remember the seat part numbers are differnet but then just go to a audi/vw.

Just dont forget to use some thread lock on the nuts if you havent got any let me know as have some at home.

and to divert got your text never mind back in the real world of over 7sec speeds :bleh: .

Shame as my gut was feeling it for quite a while after that trip.

Mental note do not get into a chipped cupra with Alex driving after just finishing dinner :repuke: it was fun though and laptop survived it as well :thumbup:

Last edited:

ALEX**

WTF
Feb 26, 2004
south-East
Visit site
magic77 said:
Nice one Alex though as far as I remember the seat part numbers are differnet but then just go to a audi/vw.

Just dont forget to use some thread lock on the nuts if you havent got any let me know as have some at home.

and to divert got your text never mind back in the real world of over 7sec speeds :bleh: .

Shame as my gut was feeling it for quite a while after that trip.

Mental note do not get into a chipped cupra with Alex driving after just finishing dinner :repuke: it was fun though and laptop survived it as well :thumbup:

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

simon20vt

Alex, cost me over £200 last time at "stealers" so will try to fit myself to new Cupra arriving Sat.

Do you have to remove the tunnel console as per the German pics or can you fix the bracket through the hole you have cut?

Thanks!

ALEX**

WTF
Feb 26, 2004
south-East
Visit site
you dont need to remove it completely but undoing lots of the screws will make it alot easier to be fair.

its quite hard to do with loosening the tunnel, in fact im not sure u could do it. but the whole job with the right bolts will not have taken me more than 30 mins

simon20vt

Thanks Alex. BTW, any idea how much for a fabric rest and fitting parts?

magic77

Soot Machine
Jan 20, 2004
Camberley - Surrey
Visit site
Alex when I fitted mine all I did is take out the 4 screws from the front of the tunnel then moved the seats all the way to front and then undid rear screws the tunnel lifed just enought to get the base bracket in and bolt it on using a flat spanner. I would suggest using thread lock so they dont come loose as you will apply quite a force when you lean on it.

g1ose

Aug 25, 2004
Dirty Saawf
hey alex how those pics coming along?
also do they just do one cloth one as the one i have seen is very grey as apposed to the black i need?
saw it fitted in a toledo?

ALEX**

WTF
Feb 26, 2004
south-East
Visit site
i have a black cloth one, its fitted, direct R interior match btw.

took some pics but really hectic at work this week but off next week so will try and post them all over the weekend for you.

ALEX**

WTF
Feb 26, 2004
south-East
Visit site
sorry for the mega delay here we go

you will need the arm rest, bracket and these bolts nuts and weird bolt

weird bolt
Picture956.jpg

Bolts and nuts threaded bits

Picture957.jpg

first cut hole like this using stanley knife, be careful the plastic is hard to pierce but cut easily do it slowly and for gods sake cut away from yourself.

Picture955.jpg

then undo all four of the bolts that hold the tunnel out and move it up for ease of access

then remove the left hand bolt from the handbrake mount and attach the weird bolt like this

Picture958.jpg

then attach the two clips from this pic

Picture957.jpg

and slide them over the holes like this

Picture959.jpg

then place the mounting bracket over the bolt and holes and bolt it down so it looks like this

Picture960.jpg

then re do all the tunnel bolts and covers slide the arm rest over the mount and tighten the bolt that holds them together

sorry this is so short and blunt but will be killed if bosses sees me!!

g1ose

Aug 25, 2004
Dirty Saawf
cheers mate looks sound as really
if i buy from a seat dealer those bolts should be included right?
cheers again

S3 AKR

livin' the dream!!!
Jun 30, 2004
Colchester, Essex
:thumbup: You blokes are great! I've been putting off fitting mine as I wasn't feeling too brave but with these pics it seems easy!

cheers Alex! :cheers:

S3 AKR

livin' the dream!!!
Jun 30, 2004
Colchester, Essex
g1ose said:
cheers mate looks sound as really
if i buy from a seat dealer those bolts should be included right?
cheers again

I have the Seat genuine part and it all comes complete with bolts, wierd bolt, threaded springy things (that go over the holes) and the bracket itself.

Andy

S3 AKR

livin' the dream!!!
Jun 30, 2004
Colchester, Essex
dunno..... got it from a mate for £100 (new, boxed) and he got it from a trader who had bought it and never fitted it to a car.

I know its £250 fitted for a leather one but I don't know how much they charge for the bits.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.