Anyone here on Toyo, Eagle F1's or Falken tires

Ad Lav

vRS...
Nov 10, 2006
Kent
I've got T1-R's, better than the GSD-3's I used to have, far more grippy in all weather, especially wet.

Poverty

I've got T1-R's, better than the GSD-3's I used to have, far more grippy in all weather, especially wet.

Well that has now put everything up in the air. Some say the F1's are better others say the toyos!

Think I will go with the toyos though based on your experiences of them in the wet. I want good wet tyres, as im sure even if the F1's are grippier than the toyos in the dry it wont make much difference on my lowly 1.4 :D

flatfourburble

Ran toyo T1-R's for 30k before I had to replace them. Wore well and gave lots of grip both in the dry and wet. I cant really fault them.

Replaced them with the Falkens just to see what they are like. So far the are good. Wet grip is very good as. Just have to wait to see if they wear as well.

RichieRich

Mk4 Golf GT TDi
Sep 17, 2005
Oxfordshire :)
www.bebo.com
30k? wish mine would last that long but i dont think they will unless they get harder the more they go down... i pulled away from a car around some corners earlyer but he kept up on the straights dam i didt have an Fr ... oh well proxies anyday!! and everyday!

air121005

Sep 28, 2006
Worcestershire
recently put a full set of falken's on, about 1000 miles ago, seem to be a good tyre! :funk:

plenty of grip in the dry :)

not tried pushing it in the wet, after i wrote my last car off driving a little to quick :whistle: for the wet conditions over xmas! :doh:

flatfourburble

I should have made it clear that 30k was with swapping them about. Mostly motorway miles with a trip to the ring and a few track days.

I must drive slower than you ibiza lads :D

Jonny

slightly insane monkey
Jul 5, 2005
South Wales
I had a pair of Falkens on my old Pug 206 briefly... I say briefly as they were shredded in no time!

Nothing special in the dry, average if that. In the wet they were absolutely pathetic!

After about 4k the treads were melted & completely shot. Wouldn't recommend them, and definately won't have them again.

Can't really comment on Toyo's, never tried them myself.

Gone through a few sets of GSD3's, they're a good all round tyre & pretty cheap too :)

flatfourburble

I think some people on here do a full burn out at every set of lights by the sounds of it.

Or I'm just a typical tight ar*sed skoda owner!

Toyo's are good tyres, just hope the falkens fair as well, I've a feeling they wont though

bozzy-07FR

holy crap!! was the seer ok??lol
no only jokin mate that sucks big time i smashed my new FR up into a curb at 60 and wrecked alot but thats all gettin fixed now...i feel really bad for ya mate!!! you goin for another seat?

Poverty

holy crap!! was the seer ok??lol
no only jokin mate that sucks big time i smashed my new FR up into a curb at 60 and wrecked alot but thats all gettin fixed now...i feel really bad for ya mate!!! you goin for another seat?

Yeah im stickin with my ibiza. Its all fixed now, except for it needs a new wheelhub which my garage seem to be having trouble getting. Its frustrating :cry:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.