• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

Brakes upgrade in CUPRA Leon 2.0 TSI 190cv

Oct 1, 2024
Morning everyone, new to the forum here.
As I was searching through te Forum I've noticed that no one has ever done an upgrade to the barake System. I currenlty own a Cupra Leon 2.0 TSI 190cv and was wondering if anyone has evere done a brakes upgrade to this model (either brakes caliper or just brake discs and pads) to enhance breaking performances. Does anyone know if it's possible to equip the car with the brake system forom Leon 2.0 TSI 245cv model ?

I have come to know thet the stock sysem has brake discs oh 306 mm in diameter and i'm struggling to find performing discs of this measurements.

Thanks in advance to who might be of help

cairus

Jun 4, 2024
Please note that if you make a hardware change to the brake, which means replacing the caliper and larger brake discs, the coding in the ABS control unit must/should be adjusted.

Oct 1, 2024
Please note that if you make a hardware change to the brake, which means replacing the caliper and larger brake discs, the coding in the ABS control unit must/should be adjusted.
Thanks for the tip, didn't think/know about it. Anyway I'll for sure get the job done by professionals who works especially with VW/SEAT/CUPRA models.

Thanks !

ozu

Oct 1, 2020
Spain
Hello,

I changed the stock brakes to Brembo braking from the 370mm Performance kit. It was replacing calipers, pads and discs. After that the brakes were bled and working perfectly.

20240601_132750.jpg

Reactions: Syphon

Michael_LeonV

Jul 8, 2024
Hi cairus,

I've seen posts that mention this and wondering is that is also part of my problem with my Cupra (2024 Cupra Leon V KL2).

I changed from the 325/272 Rotor setup to the PP 340/310 versions. I have some other issues, but curious about the ABS coding.

As this something that needs to be done to make sure the brake balance is correct ? I've seen comments elsewhere that say you must do this and many others that say it's not required or don't even mention it ????

As it is not just the fronts that I replaced, but front & rear (rotors, calipers and pads).

IF the coding MUST be changed, is this something that can only be done with the OBDeleven PRO version as it is long coding ?

And as I'm new to this aspect of car modification, any link to step by step instructions (I'll google as well, but any confirmed decent advice will be appreciated)

Thanks in advance.

Michael_LeonV

Jul 8, 2024
Um, no real idea sorry. I have no idea how to determine this, and whether it is SFD1 or SFD2

Manufacture date is 17 Feb 2024

Oct 1, 2024
Hello,

I changed the stock brakes to Brembo braking from the 370mm Performance kit. It was replacing calipers, pads and discs. After that the brakes were bled and working perfectly.

View attachment 44714
Currenlty i'm on 18'' wheels, do you think the same brake kit is going to fit in those rims ? Is the clearence enough so i dont't need to replece my rims as well ?
Do you know maybe where i can find the same kit and how much is it going to be ?
I've also notice that you have specified the engine code (DNNA), do you know where i can find the code relate to my engine (2.0 TSI 190 cv) ?
I'm really struggling to find any information about my car parts.
Thanks

ozu

Oct 1, 2020
Spain
Currenlty i'm on 18'' wheels, do you think the same brake kit is going to fit in those rims ? Is the clearence enough so i dont't need to replece my rims as well ?
Do you know maybe where i can find the same kit and how much is it going to be ?
I've also notice that you have specified the engine code (DNNA), do you know where i can find the code relate to my engine (2.0 TSI 190 cv) ?
I'm really struggling to find any information about my car parts.
Thanks
I changed the wheels for the ones that another Leon had on me, I liked them better on the Cupra than on the 1P.
My engine code is DNNA, it is on the technical sheet, at least in Spain.
I buy the parts second-hand or from the dealership itself.

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
I have seen this comment several times however I had a big brake kit fitted on my MK3 that is much bigger than the settings available on the ABS setup. I use the car on lots of track days with no issues and wonder what you do if you go outside the sizes the ABS Control unit supports.

Michael_LeonV

Jul 8, 2024
your vehicle is not yet an SFD2 vehicle. This means that with the right tools you can carry out coding.
Cheers.

Just so that I get a better understanding, how does one know whether SFD/SFD2 applies - is it a date, model, specific identifier/option code ?

Cheers

Michael_LeonV

Jul 8, 2024

Thanks
The general rule is that for 18" wheels, 355mm rotors are the biggest that will fit.

From here >> https://www.brakes-shop.com/brakepe...Lw9PRIzjv4d-jYhGkRb_NKcVqK82VrX_WKSjAopEAwNQN

To start, a general guideline is that most big brake kits usually require the following:

• 328mm rotor (12.9") - minimum 17" wheel
  • 332mm rotor (13.1") - minimum 17" wheel
  • 355mm rotor (14") - minimum 18" wheel
  • 380mm rotor (15") - minimum 19" wheel

Michael_LeonV

Jul 8, 2024
I have seen this comment several times however I had a big brake kit fitted on my MK3 that is much bigger than the settings available on the ABS setup. I use the car on lots of track days with no issues and wonder what you do if you go outside the sizes the ABS Control unit supports.
I can understand that the coding may need to be changed if you do front rotos only, but if you do a matched pair (like I did and fit the standard Performance Pack (340x30mm Front and 310 x 22mm rears), then it should be OK.

That said, I have no idea about what the coding options are and what it does.

Still trying to learn and understand !

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.