Illuminated outside door handles

grabania

Aug 14, 2022
Gdansk, Poland
grabania.pl
Hi, looking through AliExpress I've stumbled upon this item: https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_DdKnRfv. They are outside door handles with illumination.

001KLc2.png

On one of the images the 55A837209 PN is visible and I was able to find it in FAW-VW (Chinese market) ETKA as rubber seal for VW CC, VW Tayron and VW T-Roc

wWLvQ66.png

Handles from T-Roc for European market has the same PN as Leons. I've got one Leon door handle, I've compared it with images on AliExpress and the handles seems to be the same, but with illumination.

My question is whether someone have tried them? Do you think this will look good? I've got mixed feeling whether I want to do this mod in my car or not. Spending dont-know-how-much (probably something around 200£ for handles, painting and wiring) for something that could be thrown to trash is a bit discouraging.

---

Also ~40£ for wiring seems pretty much to me so I've looked through other offers and the 3C0973704 seems to be correct connector (the same is used for handles with Kessy): https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_DBOGYUB

i2fOWXj.png

Reactions: Slavixs

adam davies

Dec 30, 2019
Hi, looking through AliExpress I've stumbled upon this item: https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_DdKnRfv. They are outside door handles with illumination.

001KLc2.png

On one of the images the 55A837209 PN is visible and I was able to find it in FAW-VW (Chinese market) ETKA as rubber seal for VW CC, VW Tayron and VW T-Roc

wWLvQ66.png

Handles from T-Roc for European market has the same PN as Leons. I've got one Leon door handle, I've compared it with images on AliExpress and the handles seems to be the same, but with illumination.

My question is whether someone have tried them? Do you think this will look good? I've got mixed feeling whether I want to do this mod in my car or not. Spending dont-know-how-much (probably something around 200£ for handles, painting and wiring) for something that could be thrown to trash is a bit discouraging.

---

Also ~40£ for wiring seems pretty much to me so I've looked through other offers and the 3C0973704 seems to be correct connector (the same is used for handles with Kessy): https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_DBOGYUB

i2fOWXj.png
If its on ali express, it will be junk and fitment will be poor. Same as all the turkish copy rear window side spoilers on ali, all junk and terrible fit. Why dont yo7 get the genuine part if it available in chinese market ?

grabania

Aug 14, 2022
Gdansk, Poland
grabania.pl
If its on ali express, it will be junk and fitment will be poor. Same as all the turkish copy rear window side spoilers on ali, all junk and terrible fit. Why dont yo7 get the genuine part if it available in chinese market ?
Tell me where I can buy OEM parts from Chinese market and I will not try my luck with AliExpress

adam davies

Dec 30, 2019
I cant im sorry. Try your luck but it will be dissapointment ali express is rubbish. Good luck my friend. My 2008 bmw had led in grab handle and it looked good at night to be fair.

Reactions: grabania

LeylandVCDS

Apr 20, 2015
Leyland, Lancashire
Not necessarily - I bought some dynamic mirror indicators from Ali Express for under £25, they arrived in less than a fortnight and fit and work spot on. Had them on my last Leon for 3 years, and swapped them to my current Leon 12 months ago, no issues at all

grabania

Aug 14, 2022
Gdansk, Poland
grabania.pl
So... I've ordered those handles and here they are. They were packed very well, better than anything that I've ordered from AliExpress in the past. Stiff box with a lot of tape and bubble wrap.

A3GQYWk.jpeg
1R8GilC.jpeg

nYwmJsq.jpeg

They weights 5g more than OEM handles without Kessy. I've measured them and looked at them from every side and it seems that they should fit in the Leon. Their black paint is different than Leon black paint and I suppose the same story will be with white ones.

After connecting the light to the 5V power supply it happily started to glow. Light can be unscrew with Torx screwdriver without any issue. The 3C0973704 connector fits perfectly.

There are few marks and PN on them which indicates that they actually might be OEM parts for Chinese market. We will see, I hope that soon I will be able to update this topic with new information.

UoZGUf2.jpeg
vOoDmOG.jpeg
2yRK2UU.jpeg

Slavixs

Jan 24, 2023
Can't wait for result... Would like to have also this, as I want to fit kessy handles for rear doors, probably retrofit all four with lights already inside..

Reactions: Mo_86

Slavixs

Jan 24, 2023
Today I ordered handles, now need to wait.
Found wiring drawing from Golf8, looks like it should mach Leons door modules if compare pinout and functions...
@cairus, what drawings You used for this?

Attachments

• Retrofit_Background lighting_UD1_UD2.pdf
    742.2 KB · Views: 52
Reactions: ViperSlider

cairus

Jun 4, 2024
the connection is made via the ambient lighting

Pin 1 / 16 Poliger Stecker= +12V Türsteuergerät

grabania

Aug 14, 2022
Gdansk, Poland
grabania.pl
I've found Audi A4 wiring diagram and it looks much simpler for front doors. I am going to test plus signal from T20l/3. I believe there is a separate adaptation in door module(s) for outside door handles illumination

1724222082061.png

Reactions: Slavixs

ViperSlider

Mar 26, 2024
Cardiff, S.Wales
I'm trying to source the handles unpainted (GRU) as I would want to paint them to match the car. I already have the plugs here as I keep some in stock so I only need the handles.

Do we have a direct source in China to order the handles unpainted?

Slavixs

Jan 24, 2023
the connection is made via the ambient lighting

Pin 1 / 16 Poliger Stecker= +12V
ahh ok, but door control modules have pin for this lighning and in codings also there is "handle light" option! ;) I will try this, like it should be when I will install handles.
p.s. I ordered all 4 kessy with lights. Will add kessy also for rear doors.

EDIT: I checked coding and it says "Inside door handle light" so not shure light is inside handle or it means interior handle :D
If my variant not be ok, I will try any of options mentioned here, because @cairus handles looks awesome...

Last edited:

cairus

Jun 4, 2024
I'm trying to source the handles unpainted (GRU) as I would want to paint them to match the car. I already have the plugs here as I keep some in stock so I only need the handles.

Do we have a direct source in China to order the handles unpainted?
I ordered the white ones, but unfortunately they were the wrong white. Can be repainted without any problems

Slavixs

Jan 24, 2023
Why not just wire and code Byte 1/Bit 0 same as Golf Mk7 wing mirror puddle light? That way the function will operate correctly, or am I missing something?
Because handle lights are not puddle lights, I just would like to do it correctly, where it should be, if its possible of course. Yes it works that way also, but if there is special output on module for handle light, and also if there is coding bit, I rather use correct way then.

p.s. bit 6 looks interesting on Your picture

Reactions: ViperSlider
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.