Illuminated outside door handles

Slavixs

Jan 24, 2023
@Slavixs you said that you will be installing keyless version of those handles. Have you ordered handles and wiring? To me it's barbaric to charge that much for few connectors and wires so I would love to know PN of those connectors, but I am not able to find anything that looks like them. I would be great if you have any more info about that
I ordered with cables, there should be connectors and cables only for light, rest cables will be from existing wiring loom in front, and I will pull extra wires for keyless to rear... :)

Reactions: grabania

Slavixs

Jan 24, 2023
@Slavixs Do you want all 4 door handles to be illuminated? Can the Leon module do 4-way lighting?
Rear door light will be connected together with front door light...

Similar as interior footwell, only like driver side front and rear, and rear side front and rear.

Somewhere I seen on golf 7, handle lights was connected with puddle lights, and light up all together, so I think no worries then.

cairus

Jun 4, 2024
Yes, that's clear, I think I expressed myself wrongly. You want kessy in the back too, right? Does the Leon kessy control unit support 4 door handles?

Slavixs

Jan 24, 2023
Yes, that's clear, I think I expressed myself wrongly. You want kessy in the back too, right? Does the Leon kessy control unit support 4 door handles?
Yes, its support 4 door handles. Atleast theorethicaly, and found some articles online how to do everything. So I guess I will find out it hard way.. :)

Reactions: grabania and cairus

grabania

Aug 14, 2022
Gdansk, Poland
grabania.pl
Today I've received info from painter that in order to reduce differences in color I have to deliver to them "lock" covers. Funnily enough the door handles became loose after removing those covers from passenger and rear doors. FYI T40207 tool (or bent rod) is required to remove them. Here's how my car is currently looking while waiting for new handles :D

1724836424044.png

Mo_86

Sep 25, 2023
UK
Today I've received info from painter that in order to reduce differences in color I have to deliver to them "lock" covers. Funnily enough the door handles became loose after removing those covers from passenger and rear doors. FYI T40207 tool (or bent rod) is required to remove them. Here's how my car is currently looking while waiting for new handles :D

View attachment 43979
Looks better without, always thought the handles stick out a bit too much

grabania

Aug 14, 2022
Gdansk, Poland
grabania.pl
Whole day of hard work and 75% done ;) I ran out of time today and I have to order 2 MCON connectors (connection between last doors and the car).

I am pretty happy with the modification. Lights are quite bright, but not overwhelmingly bright. Everything worked just fine and those handles fits pretty well. The only thing that I could complain is that key cover on driver side is a bit off compared to the previous handle - it is not perfectly flush when touching, but not visible unless you are searching for that. However it is not even visible on a photo so maybe I'm exaggerating a little 🤷

The last one is a video, you have to click on the thumbnail to see it.

HCwLOjN.jpeg

QGJDFik.jpeg

cairus

Jun 4, 2024
looks like a job well done. 👍

and yes, compared to my video it doesn't look as bright as mine.

I'll continue to keep it at the front.,

Reactions: grabania

Slavixs

Jan 24, 2023
So received handles with light and kessy... unfortunately I need to repaint them, they are white but not metallic white as my car is. So will install them after repaint someday...
Ordered together with wires for light, for kessy I will pull extra wires to rear doors.

Photo 07-09-2024, 19 18 57.jpg

Photo 07-09-2024, 19 18 59.jpg

Photo 07-09-2024, 19 23 33.jpg

Photo 07-09-2024, 19 30 53.jpg

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members