• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.
Tell

Updating the inbuilt Mib2 Satnav / Mib2 tricks and Mib1

Nov 3, 2021
You probably need to keep your eye on the mibsolution.one website and Eastern block ones. The regular release of mib1 maps as part of the free aftercare stopped a few years back on Seat, Skodas and VWs. That one was an Audi release as I understand it which work with the Seats with the 480 firmware and the edit described. So it's whether Audi run that file off again on updated Here Maps data.

Post back if it's spotted. I'm keeping my eyes open for an early release of mib2 high 390 which could be September if my maths are correct on turn round, the normal November release. Probably no point in looking for that before. On mib2s we have all of the official releases now till November.
Yeap i gonna watch it finnaly update for mib1 the ones that we dont want to spend for mib2 units :D

CupraRST

Feb 25, 2020
NL
June 2024 - (2024-2025) Mib2 High (Seat Plus) release has appeared on VW servers sniffed out by MartiniB of the Briskoda site. He runs a program looking for these files.

Earlier in the year, I posted up the walk on the wild side update for those that wanted to do it:

It turned out, it wasn't so wild which I didn't think it was. That Audi version of the files is the final version as released on the VW website.

Europe (370):

https://vw-maps-cdn.lighthouselabs.eu/vw-maps/P370_N60S5MIBH3_EU.7z

or

https://navigation-maps.volkswagen.com/vw-maps/P370_N60S5MIBH3_EU.7z

RoW (373):

https://vw-maps-cdn.lighthouselabs.eu/vw-maps/P373_N60S5MIBH3_ROW.7z

or

https://navigation-maps.volkswagen.com/vw-maps/P373_N60S5MIBH3_ROW.7z

To load these up on a Seat you need the lifelong navigation FeCs else it won't work. Details in the resource.

You just need to get them unzipped and in the root directory on an SD card (or USB) as normal. Metafile in the root, mib1 and mib2 are subdirectories of the root. You do need both. Note the normal Mac instructions for those using a Mac of CleanMyDrive. See resource tabbed under Overview above. TMC Inrix works as per normal with the code change. Latest maps ✔.
@Tell: First of all, thank you again for all the good work Tell!
I updated the map and everything works, so I'm ready to go.

In post #2.876 I had one minor issue though, using the second link to the Europe (370) map. That link appears to be two seperate links: the first part (that I used) leads to P350. I only noticed that after installing it, so I had to start all over again using the second part of the link for the P370.

Last edited:

Tester01

Oct 24, 2022
I take it Mib2 STD TMC traffic situation is unlikely to change as in theres no potential for other workarounds/fix?
And youre gonna have to use pre Tom Tom maps forever.

Tell

Staff member
I take it Mib2 STD TMC traffic situation is unlikely to change as in theres no potential for other workarounds/fix?
And youre gonna have to use pre Tom Tom maps forever.
That's correct. Mib2 standard is basically on maintenance they would have to enter a new contract with Inrix and change the TomTom maps which they won't do. So the Vag group are putting their fingers in their ears to that. It's DIY if you want to do it yourself. Old maps with mib2 standard and that module edit since TomTom maps don't have the flexibility as HereMaps. Mib2 High, HereMaps is the coding solution 15, to 14.

Tell

Staff member
@Tell: First of all, thank you again for all the good work Tell!
I updated the map and everything works, so I'm ready to go.

In post #2.876 I had one minor issue though, using the second link to the Europe (370) map. That link appears to be two seperate links: the first part (that I used) leads to P350. I only noticed that after installing it, so I had to start all over again using the second part of the link for the P370.
You are correct. That's the VW servers taking you to the wrong file. I've deleted that.

I always eyeball what file it's downloading in Firefox from the bottom left on the link or the download as it's going through. That may have changed from when the files were discovered, pointing them to the wrong place. Generally there are teething issues in Skoda and VW zipping them. They get it wrong so you take the first one that works. I'll check what the source said where I got these from in case they are out of sink as well or whether discovered and corrected. Thanks.

Reactions: CupraRST

Tester01

Oct 24, 2022
That's correct. Mib2 standard is basically on maintenance they would have to enter a new contract with Inrix and change the TomTom maps which they won't do. So the Vag group are putting their fingers in their ears to that. It's DIY if you want to do it yourself. Old maps with mib2 standard and that module edit since TomTom maps don't have the flexibility as HereMaps. Mib2 High, HereMaps is the coding solution 15, to 14.
Ah

Was hoping we'd find some magic way of getting Here Maps on Mib2 STD or some other solution that made things work with magic maps.

That's so poor of VAG, Seat owners suffering.

Sometimes would prefer to use standard maps over Carplay sometimes.

Tell

Staff member
Ah

Was hoping we'd find some magic way of getting Here Maps on Mib2 STD or some other solution that made things work with magic maps.

That's so poor of VAG, Seat owners suffering.

Sometimes would prefer to use standard maps over Carplay sometimes.
The map entities apparently are complex so it's pretty impossible so I'm told by the software engineer guy who did the modules to make the old Here Maps work on Inrix. They recompiled those modules. It was some joint activity by a Briskoda guy that took the Australian solution of getting mib2 standard maps to work on the Australian TMC provider. That washed the modules through the mib2 toolbox. The clever Audi programmer took out the need to do that washing action by recompiling the modules. They were / are an expert in the file structure and told me that there was no way / they weren't going to do it, at the entity level. You know when you are talking to a programmer since they are quite definite. Lot of interest if they could but wasn't going to happen.

• Sad
Reactions: Tester01

Tester01

Oct 24, 2022
The map entities apparently are complex so it's pretty impossible so I'm told by the software engineer guy who did the modules to make the old Here Maps work on Inrix. They recompiled those modules. It was some joint activity by a Briskoda guy that took the Australian solution of getting mib2 standard maps to work on the Australian TMC provider. That washed the modules through the mib2 toolbox. The clever Audi programmer took out the need to do that washing action by recompiling the modules. They were / are an expert in the file structure and told me that there was no way / they weren't going to do it, at the entity level. You know when you are talking to a programmer since they are quite definite. Lot of interest if they could but wasn't going to happen.
Ah damn that’s annoying!

thanks for the explanation.

Say if I wanted to fit a MIB2 High to replace my MIB2 standard, what’s the part number I should be looking at?

I looked online I can see two different part numbers but not sure which is the better/most recent one.

Just curious to see how much the units are going for out of curiosity

Tell

Staff member
Ah damn that’s annoying!

Say if I wanted to fit a MIB2 High to replace my MIB2 standard, what’s the part number I should be looking at?

I looked online I can see two different part numbers but not sure which is the better/most recent one.

One for @Walone I'd have to read my part number in the light. It was a popular upgrade from mib1 standard to mib2 high. Walone, being one. There are less mib2 highs about in Seat form than mib2 standards. Possibly why some retrofitters poor cold water on them since they can't lay their hands on them.

Reactions: Walone

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Ah damn that’s annoying!

This is my MIB2 High unit, the numbers in the yellow ring are, part number 5F0 035 020 A (the A changed to a G after I did a software update), 0319 is the original software version, H42 is the hardware version.

20180929_151141.jpg 20180927_125343.jpg 20180929_151235.jpg

Reactions: Tell

baloobb

Aug 11, 2024
Hi all
I have SEAT Toledo 2016 with MIB2 Standard, I have followed the procedure to update my nav map and it worked, however I notice the touchscreen is not always responsive now as it was before. ODB Eleven didn't spot any fault after the update.

I updated from 2015/2016 map to 2024 map. I waited 5 min to let the map loading but still not very responsive.

Anyone else with similar issue?

Tell

Staff member
That one hasn't been reported before. The maps will be marginally bigger than what you had before but I suspect you picked one of the zones since all Europe won't fit on a 16gb card unless you start hacking it which isn't recommended.

The map is held on the map card in the mib2 standard so the data is dragged off the card and displayed. The only thing that can happen is the card is giving away. It does happen. You aren't suppose to play with the cluster size which is suppose to be at 4096. Too small and it thrashes around too big and it doesn't work. Windows 10/11 file manager did have a bug in one release or releases and succeeded in deleting the CID getting into areas it shouldn't if you did a reformat. Thus best to just do a delete and not treat the SD as a floppy / compact disk since a reformat with the wrong cluster size can lead to issues. You obviously need the workaround.

You can treat yourself to a new 32gb card Vag card off ebay, selecting a good seller. That way you'd get the all Europe map on and if the issue is down to a defective SD card it fixes it. You need the workaround and I have linked to the solution if you loose the overall.nds file.

You can also do the TMC Inrix fix if you haven't done that. That's linked in the guide.

baloobb

Aug 11, 2024
That one hasn't been reported before. The maps will be marginally bigger than what you had before but I suspect you picked one of the zones since all Europe won't fit on a 16gb card unless you start hacking it which isn't recommended.

The map is held on the map card in the mib2 standard so the data is dragged off the card and displayed. The only thing that can happen is the card is giving away. It does happen. You aren't suppose to play with the cluster size which is suppose to be at 4096. Too small and it thrashes around too big and it doesn't work. Windows 10/11 file manager did have a bug in one release or releases and succeeded in deleting the CID getting into areas it shouldn't if you did a reformat. Thus best to just do a delete and not treat the SD as a floppy / compact disk since a reformat with the wrong cluster size can lead to issues. You obviously need the workaround.

You can treat yourself to a new 32gb card Vag card off ebay, selecting a good seller. That way you'd get the all Europe map on and if the issue is down to a defective SD card it fixes it. You need the workaround and I have linked to the solution if you loose the overall.nds file.

You can also do the TMC Inrix fix if you haven't done that. That's linked in the guide.
I have reset the unit several times but didn't work, after half hour driving I did check again and the mib2 touch was working smoothly as before...thanks for the support.

Reactions: Tell

Tell

Staff member
I have reset the unit several times but didn't work, after half hour driving I did check again and the mib2 touch was working smoothly as before...thanks for the support.
You normally get a slight delay after you do the workaround. 10 seconds or something. Commutes a new navigation FeC based on fiddling with the file so the story goes. Why you get the scan error since there are more than one navigation FeCs but nobody worries about that and you can't fix them with a standard clear errors command. Thousands of people are driving about with their infotainment systems with that error across Europe. Doesn't have any consequences just a flag set.

Pass on why the screen was laggy after but now fixed. The firmware is different in the units so may be that one went off on one after the workaround to do additional processing or fixed the rogue SD card. Pass.

Tester01

Oct 24, 2022
Oct 12, 2024
Someone who has Europa V5 AT Card MIB1 5F0919866H and can share the files from their SD Card? I have deleted by mistake all my data from card and now i need a backup from someone. Thank you.

DaveS

Jan 23, 2022
Someone who has Europa V5 AT Card MIB1 5F0919866H and can share the files from their SD Card? I have deleted by mistake all my data from card and now i need a backup from someone. Thank you.
I have that card with the files. I can take an image and upload for you. Any preferences where they should be uploaded? It is about 7GB uncompressed.

Oct 12, 2024
I have that card with the files. I can take an image and upload for you. Any preferences where they should be uploaded? It is about 7GB uncompressed.
Good morning! If you could upload on Google Drive would be amazing cause Mega has that 5gb limit. Thank you very much.

DaveS

Jan 23, 2022
Good morning! If you could upload on Google Drive would be amazing cause Mega has that 5gb limit. Thank you very much.
I am uploading the zipped contents now which will take about 45 minutes. I will send a message once done.

Lecatona HPFP (High-pressure Fuel Pump Upgrades)