• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.
Tell

Updating the inbuilt Mib2 Satnav / Mib2 tricks and Mib1

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Audi 370
View attachment 42664

How to nudge it up to VW if on Audi 370. St Paul's and Tate Modern in the Audi 370 file. So 3D was in it.

Swdl update all using manual method (manual download and press start), Select All and Start with the VW 370 upload if you Audi 370 in it and want to overwite with VW 370.

View attachment 42665

Will edit for each stage. Now a forced update of Audi 370 to VW 370. 40 minutes running.

And successfully updated to VW 370 (same release as the Audi one) & 3D the same as before.

Picture soon.

So yes identical, but I put it through completely rather than say I've done file comparisons. It's available to use if your got the navigation FeCs.
Thanks @Tell , interesting stuff :)

Tell

Staff member
What it means is if mib2 high map updates dry up and the Audi ones continue like the mib1 standard, then there may be source but we knew that when the Audi 370 file came out a few months earlier. Production of the monthly mib3 files probably means they can push a button and generate the mib2 high ones much earlier. Getting their operation more slick.

Feb 13, 2024
The secret is to back it up to HD before you start. @Daz3d is that yours ?. The mega file you took back off.

You might be able to kick start it on an older release than the one you are on. That is a feature of Mib to go backwards on releases then do the mod.
Not sure what you mean, but I had only private messaged the link I found to the MIB1 480 firmware update in case it was removed. Don't think I can edit my first post to add this URL:

It also seems to be here https://mibsolution.one/#/1/9/_pre MIB2/MSTD/SEAT (username & password = guest). The site has been very slow before though.

My backup of our 2014 Leon V4 maps is still here:

The 2023 maps that worked are P106_N60S3MIBS2_EU_NT (8V0060866S).7z on https://mibsolution.one/#/1/15/MSTD

Reactions: Tell

Tell

Staff member
Not sure what you mean, but I had only private messaged the link I found to the MIB1 480 firmware update in case it was removed. Don't think I can edit my first post to add this URL:

It also seems to be here https://mibsolution.one/#/1/9/_pre MIB2/MSTD/SEAT (username & password = guest). The site has been very slow before though.

My backup of our 2014 Leon V4 maps is still here:

The 2023 maps that worked are P106_N60S3MIBS2_EU_NT (8V0060866S).7z on https://mibsolution.one/#/1/15/MSTD
Good. No your mega one had gone earlier. So yes they can repeat the process. Give it a shot.

I can edit your original post if you like.

Reactions: Daz3d

Tell

Staff member
I got my hands on the V5 version, but I can't get it to work so far. I'm trying to make it work, hopefully it will.
We sort of concluded you need the 480 firmware as above and Daz3d's modules which are further up. If it's like mib2 the mapcare on them means they work with older maps then you do the "workaround" as per Daz3ds posts using the attachment.

You'd install the 480 firmware first. Than Daz3ds 2014 map. If that works, then the workaround with the new maps as per those attachments, what I said to the other guy and that worked. Any files missing, reposted again above.

You need the long press on/off to force a reboot else when swapping cards quickly it won't re read the card and think it's seeing the old map.

Last edited:

Pdog

Jan 22, 2004
Hello, I've been reading these threads for the last hour or so, and I was hoping I could just double check my understanding.

I have a 2018 Leon. Just checked the System Info and according to the resources on this forum I have the MIB2 Standard version:

6P0919866AB
ECE1 2018

The SD Card is currently in slot 1 and is named "Europe 1 (V6)"

My plan is to download this version:

download:
# ECE 1 2024 6.9 Gb
VW portal: https://vw-maps-cdn.lighthouselabs.eu/vw-maps/DiscoverMedia2_EU1_2210_V19.7z
VW portal: https://navigation-maps.volkswagen.com/vw-maps/DiscoverMedia2_EU1_2210_V19.7z
Files inside: 2023.05.12
Downloadable: 2024.03.21
Published: 2024.--.--

Follow the steps on this post

Steps:

1. Download the latest standard MIB2 maps
  2. on the infotainment go to settings, safely remove, sd1 card
  3. remove sd1 card from glove box slot
  4. long press on the on / off to reboot it a couple of times
  5. insert sd card in to computer
  6. copy and paste all contents to a directory on your computer
  7. Format the SD card keep it as fat32 and leave format settings as default in file explorer (don't forget to push the card lock mechanism to off) (ditto in a MAC or delete all from the SD card)
  8. Copy the new downloaded map version to the SD card (after unzipping it)
  9. Replace /maps/EEC/EEC_WLD/OVERALL.NDS on the SD CARD with the one from the original SD card
  10. eject the sd card (on a MAC run CleanMyDrive on the SD card - then eject)
  11. Inserted the card into the card 1 slot in glove box whilst infotainment is off
  12. power on and go to navigation

The unit should then boot up into navigation. Note it does take a little longer first time round. If it refuses to boot up, press the volume button forcing a reboot, hold down until the unit reboots. If this fails it will be issues on the overall.nds file / copy issues. Revisit the process. Failing this restore the back up.

You will also need to pick up any POIs that you show on the screen since these will be dropped after a map update. Petrol stations, parking location etc.

Do not format the card in anything other than Fat32. The unit runs QNX so will not correctly see the SD card if it is not in Fat32 / cluster size gets tinkered with in a reformat. The CID is not deleted in a format that is outside of the area that can be addressed but reformatting has been known to corrupt the card.

Is there anything I am missing? Do I need a firmware version update before proceeding?

Thanks
P

Last edited:

Tell

Staff member
Hello, I've been reading these threads for the last hour or so, and I was hoping I could just double check my understanding.

I have a 2018 Leon. Just checked the System Info and according to the resources on this forum I have the MIB2 Standard version:

6P0919866AB
ECE1 2018

The SD Card is currently in slot 1 and is named "Europe 1 (V6)"

My plan is to download this version:

download:
# ECE 1 2024 6.9 Gb
VW portal: https://vw-maps-cdn.lighthouselabs.eu/vw-maps/DiscoverMedia2_EU1_2210_V19.7z
VW portal: https://navigation-maps.volkswagen.com/vw-maps/DiscoverMedia2_EU1_2210_V19.7z
Files inside: 2023.05.12
Downloadable: 2024.03.21
Published: 2024.--.--

Follow the steps on this post

Steps:

1. Download the latest standard MIB2 maps
  2. on the infotainment go to settings, safely remove, sd1 card
  3. remove sd1 card from glove box slot
  4. long press on the on / off to reboot it a couple of times
  5. insert sd card in to computer
  6. copy and paste all contents to a directory on your computer
  7. Format the SD card keep it as fat32 and leave format settings as default in file explorer (don't forget to push the card lock mechanism to off) (ditto in a MAC or delete all from the SD card)
  8. Copy the new downloaded map version to the SD card (after unzipping it)
  9. Replace /maps/EEC/EEC_WLD/OVERALL.NDS on the SD CARD with the one from the original SD card
  10. eject the sd card (on a MAC run CleanMyDrive on the SD card - then eject)
  11. Inserted the card into the card 1 slot in glove box whilst infotainment is off
  12. power on and go to navigation

The unit should then boot up into navigation. Note it does take a little longer first time round. If it refuses to boot up, press the volume button forcing a reboot, hold down until the unit reboots. If this fails it will be issues on the overall.nds file / copy issues. Revisit the process. Failing this restore the back up.

You will also need to pick up any POIs that you show on the screen since these will be dropped after a map update. Petrol stations, parking location etc.

Do not format the card in anything other than Fat32. The unit runs QNX so will not correctly see the SD card if it is not in Fat32 / cluster size gets tinkered with in a reformat. The CID is not deleted in a format that is outside of the area that can be addressed but reformatting has been known to corrupt the card.

Is there anything I am missing? Do I need a firmware version update before proceeding?

Thanks
P
Don't forget 6.

On 7. With the advent of Widows 10 / 11 the File Explorer can mess up the card by changing the sector size so it's safer just to delete the contents rather than "format". That's highlight and delete, takes a bit longer but less risky.

Other than that all fine.

Reactions: Pdog

Pdog

Jan 22, 2004
Don't forget 6.

On 7. With the advent of Widows 10 / 11 the File Explorer can mess up the card by changing the sector size so it's safer just to delete the contents rather than "format". That's highlight and delete, takes a bit longer but less risky.

Thanks, I’ll give this a go tomorrow. Any problems I can copy back the data from the backed up copy. Fingers cross I won’t need too.

Reactions: Tell

Pdog

Jan 22, 2004
Don't forget 6.

Followed the instructions, and I am happy to say it all went well, thanks very much!

The Infotainment system now states the following:

V03959821HA
ECE1 2024/25

I have a couple of questions, I am hoping someone can answer.

From the above, I can see the 6P0********* is no longer present since the update, is this normal (replaced by V03959821HA)

If I plan a route, it shows the Blue, Orange and Red routes in a small window. When looking at the routes on the map, the orange and red are visible but the blue route is not. I can still select the blue route and the navigation starts, I was just wondering if it is normal or if otjer people have noticed the same thing?
This may have always been the case, but having not used it for so long I am sure the "blue route" used to bevisible on the map?

Thanks

P

Tell

Staff member
Followed the instructions, and I am happy to say it all went well, thanks very much!

The Infotainment system now states the following:

V03959821HA
ECE1 2024/25

I have a couple of questions, I am hoping someone can answer.

From the above, I can see the 6P0********* is no longer present since the update, is this normal (replaced by V03959821HA)

If I plan a route, it shows the Blue, Orange and Red routes in a small window. When looking at the routes on the map, the orange and red are visible but the blue route is not. I can still select the blue route and the navigation starts, I was just wondering if it is normal or if otjer people have noticed the same thing?
This may have always been the case, but having not used it for so long I am sure the "blue route" used to bevisible on the map?

Thanks

P
The 6P is taken from a file. It's not an issue if its not showing. The V03.... code is the map part code. Each brand has its own part code. One release for multiple brand use. It knows you have a Seat and shows that code. I am wondering whether you might be pressing the wrong sequence if you aren't seeing 6P. That's in the resource. That was the Seat Standard test to see whether it's a mib2 standard. That can fail to give you the correct read out if they filled that field with something else. In the past users themselves filled it with something else. Mists of time why people did that. We have been here before with 5F being shown which means it's a VW mib2 standard. You can safely ignore it. People with second hand Seat mib2 standards where 5F was showing through user editting would perplex anyone who did that test. The 6P part number is written on the Seat navigation card, if using a Seat card, but wouldn't be if using a VW / Skoda card which can be interchanged. That's another check.

On the blue route I suspect that is the same as one of the others which isn't shown. I tend to use the red routes, the others can lead you up minor roads. Always hit the red route unless you really want to do the blue route. Saying that I haven't really used this release sticking with the one that supports UK Inrix TMC (the sole broadcaster now for the UK with a file mod but using old maps where that mod can be made), see the resource link for that. But as said, I suspect the blue route is the same in this instance as one of the other routes which is why you aren't seeing it.

Reactions: Pdog

Pdog

Jan 22, 2004
The 6P is taken from a file. It's not an issue if its not showing. The V03.... code is the map part code. Each brand has its own part code. One release for multiple brand use. It knows you have a Seat and shows that code. I am wondering whether you might be pressing the wrong sequence if you aren't seeing 6P. That's in the resource. That was the Seat Standard test to see whether it's a mib2 standard. That can fail to give you the correct read out if they filled that field with something else. In the past users themselves filled it with something else. Mists of time why people did that. We have been here before with 5F being shown which means it's a VW mib2 standard. You can safely ignore it. People with second hand Seat mib2 standards where 5F was showing through user editting would perplex anyone who did that test. The 6P part number is written on the Seat navigation card, if using a Seat card, but wouldn't be if using a VW / Skoda card which can be interchanged. That's another check.

On the blue route I suspect that is the same as one of the others which isn't shown. I tend to use the red routes, the others can lead you up minor roads. Always hit the red route unless you really want to do the blue route. Saying that I haven't really used this release sticking with the one that supports UK Inrix TMC (the sole broadcaster now for the UK with a file mod but using old maps where that mod can be made), see the resource link for that. But as said, I suspect the blue route is the same in this instance as one of the other routes which is why you aren't seeing it.
Thanks Tell, I was getting the 6P* and the V3 from the menu within the Sat Nav, can't recall the option maybe "system Information"

I'll review the resource link again. As you say the blue route we never used it was usually the orange or red. I just noticed the blue route not being shown on the map, not a big issue.

I'll read up the resource link again, and look for the TMC one you are referring too. I noticed you mentioned a file mod? will I need to perform any other mods besides copying the specific file over, and would this potentially provide the blue route? (again not a show stopper) If I can't see the TMC map link, I might have to tap you up! :)

Edit: I have had a read and decided to stick with the latest maps and not opt for the TMC. I will double check again the version in terms of the key sequence, but I took it from within the Navigation section on the headunit.

Last edited:

Tell

Staff member
Thanks Tell, I was getting the 6P* and the V3 from the menu within the Sat Nav, can't recall the option maybe "system Information"

I'll review the resource link again. As you say the blue route we never used it was usually the orange or red. I just noticed the blue route not being shown on the map, not a big issue.

I'll read up the resource link again, and look for the TMC one you are referring too. I noticed you mentioned a file mod? will I need to perform any other mods besides copying the specific file over, and would this potentially provide the blue route? (again not a show stopper) If I can't see the TMC map link, I might have to tap you up! :)

Edit: I have had a read and decided to stick with the latest maps and not opt for the TMC. I will double check again the version in terms of the key sequence, but I took it from within the Navigation section on the headunit.
This bit in the text but it might have been manufacturered with a different number. Its just a display. I'm away so can't check.

How do I know which unit I have ?

If USB-C oval connections it's a mib3 fitted (2020-2024)

else

Press the “NAV” Button >

Confirm the “Setup” >

“Version information” selection on the display.

Check the first text line in "Version information".

If the first three digits are 6P0 it's a mib2 standard (serial number is also on the card)

5F with a mapping card in the slot it's mib1 standard

If not it's a mib1 or 2 "Navi System Plus" (no card in the slot)

(Other techniques are available - that's that the Seat website test on mib1/mib2)

ARH

Jul 12, 2024
I am trying to update my maps on 2014 fr, with MSTD_EU_SE_P3311 0425 firmware. I have read all through this, copied the maps to the Sd and edited the dbinfo etc, but it did not accept the maps. I guess it's down to firmware version. If I update to MSTD_EU_SE_P5310 (MU: 0480) will I get the fault code? If I do get the code will it stop my system working? I don't have OBDeleven so can't clear the code if I get it, unless there is another way of clearing the code.

Thanks for any answers.

Tell

Staff member
I am trying to update my maps on 2014 fr, with MSTD_EU_SE_P3311 0425 firmware. I have read all through this, copied the maps to the Sd and edited the dbinfo etc, but it did not accept the maps. I guess it's down to firmware version. If I update to MSTD_EU_SE_P5310 (MU: 0480) will I get the fault code? If I do get the code will it stop my system working? I don't have OBDeleven so can't clear the code if I get it, unless there is another way of clearing the code.

Thanks for any answers.
@Daz3d is the expert.

Two things going on if it's just the SVM code you get that's just a flag so it will happily run with that "error". Just means the firmware has been updated. The only fly in the ointment is what East Yorkshire Retrofit said about upgrading from very old firmware. I don't think 425 fits into that one. I don't have mib1. If you check the posts I think they were coming from that.

The feeling I've got is the 480 firmware is the key to all of this. What did also work was going from @Daz3d original maps and then the map upgrade. All of the files were posted up. So firmware update to 480. Then Daz3d original map then the upgrade to the map if it still doesn't work. That worked where the original maps had got lost.

ARH

Jul 12, 2024
Well thanks for this guide, I know have 2023 maps :)(y)

I updated from 0425 to 0480 with no issues, it came up with some note about a code. I just left it and it rebooted fine.

I downloaded the P106_N60S3MIBS2_EU_NT (8V0060866S).7z from https://mibsolution.one/#/1. Extracted it to my HDD. I then removed a few files in the markets/eu/map/MapRegions folder. Ukraine and turkey stuff if I remember correctly, this made the files fit on the original card. Modified the DbInfo.txt by copying the original one from my map car and changing the last 2 lines to

ApplicationSoftwareVersionNumber="0106"
SystemName=" ECE 2023 "

from the new map file.

I then copied the contents of the original card to my HDD.

I then formatted the original card to fat32, and copied over the new files, put the card in the car and waited for what seemed like hours. It now works.

Thanks

Reactions: stojmano and Tell

Tell

Staff member
Well thanks for this guide, I know have 2023 maps :)(y)

I updated from 0425 to 0480 with no issues, it came up with some note about a code. I just left it and it rebooted fine.

I downloaded the P106_N60S3MIBS2_EU_NT (8V0060866S).7z from https://mibsolution.one/#/1. Extracted it to my HDD. I then removed a few files in the markets/eu/map/MapRegions folder. Ukraine and turkey stuff if I remember correctly, this made the files fit on the original card. Modified the DbInfo.txt by copying the original one from my map car and changing the last 2 lines to

ApplicationSoftwareVersionNumber="0106"
SystemName=" ECE 2023 "

from the new map file.

I then copied the contents of the original card to my HDD.

I then formatted the original card to fat32, and copied over the new files, put the card in the car and waited for what seemed like hours. It now works.

Thanks
I'd be a bit careful about re formatting the cards, just delete what's on them. The newer cards atleast and with some Windows 10 / 11 wack the cards during a format. Assorted reports of this. You can buy a new Vag card off Ebay if that happens. Mib2 cards are compatible with Mib1. The VAG CID is compatible between Mib1 and 2 and all Vag brands.

Reactions: stojmano
Nov 3, 2021
My question is are we gonna get the 2024 update for MIB1 units like the one we have 2023 or P106_N60S3MIBS2_EU_NT (8V0060866S) any info on that ?

Tell

Staff member
My question is are we gonna get the 2024 update for MIB1 units like the one we have 2023 or P106_N60S3MIBS2_EU_NT (8V0060866S) any info on that ?
You probably need to keep your eye on the mibsolution.one website and Eastern block ones. The regular release of mib1 maps as part of the free aftercare stopped a few years back on Skodas and VWs. That one was an Audi release as I understand it which work with the Seats with the 480 firmware and the edit described. So it's whether Audi run that file off again on updated Here Maps data.

Post back if it's spotted. I'm keeping my eyes open for an early release of mib2 high 390 which could be September if my maths are correct on turn round, the normal November release. Probably no point in looking for that before. On mib2s we have all of the official releases now till November.

Reactions: stojmano
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.