Any Microsoft Excel experts out there?

LeylandVCDS

Apr 20, 2015
Leyland, Lancashire
Wondering if anyone can help me on this one please?

I am looking for a FORMULA to automatically copy TEXT typed into one cell to appear in another cell. The simple ="original cell" does not work for text, only for formulated entries.
The other issue is that I want to save all of this with formulas as a template, which when opened will automatically copy what I type in cell1 to cell 2. Everything I've tried just will not work.

Basically, what I'm after is that when I type something in the yellow box in this attachment in column "to" to be mirrored in the yellow box in column "from" in the next line down, all the way down the available slots

Thanks for any suggestions

Attachments

• Screenshot (327).png
    Screenshot (327).png
    64.8 KB · Views: 29

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
Wondering if anyone can help me on this one please?

I am looking for a FORMULA to automatically copy TEXT typed into one cell to appear in another cell. The simple ="original cell" does not work for text, only for formulated entries.
The other issue is that I want to save all of this with formulas as a template, which when opened will automatically copy what I type in cell1 to cell 2. Everything I've tried just will not work.

Basically, what I'm after is that when I type something in the yellow box in this attachment in column "to" to be mirrored in the yellow box in column "from" in the next line down, all the way down the available slots

Thanks for any suggestions
Just to confirm I presume you are entering a time value eg 08:00

if so then enter = and cell reference but obviously you will need to format the cell to be a time format.

LeylandVCDS

Apr 20, 2015
Leyland, Lancashire
No, using the example of the yellow boxes, it's a text entry on the upper line is showing where that leg of the journey ends, and the same place is the start of the next leg on the next line. So I'm wanting the two same coloured boxes show the same place name , and I want it so that typing in the upper line yellow box automatically drops the same text into the lower line's yellow box, and same for the other pairs of same coloured boxes

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
ok so place names like I have in the attached picture.
I enter the location name in the original column and the copy column (but up one) has =D7 so Birmingham gets copied across.

If you dont get that does it show an error message or display a different answer in which case it might be a cell format issue.

Screenshot 2024-07-29 at 21.18.35.png

LeylandVCDS

Apr 20, 2015
Leyland, Lancashire
Yes that's what I'm after, but can't get the original to copy no matter what I try. Both columns formatted as text cells. This is an example of exactly what I'm after - everything here typed in manually. Just want to try to automate the finish place of the leg on one line to equal the start place of the line below

Attachments

• Screenshot (328).png
    Screenshot (328).png
    78.8 KB · Views: 30
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.