• Guest would you be interested in CUPRA or SEAT valve caps? let us know in the poll

• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

Infotainment 1969 update

Yern

Apr 25, 2019
If vehicle is new (new), why is the navigation database from 2022?
Will 1969 be an OTA update and not dealer install?
I had dealer update to 1940 to stop the infotainment system rebooting.

Antera

Aug 29, 2021
Breda, Netherlands
Www.vcds-coding.nl
Like i say. They got trouble's with updates that is why they want to updat4e only at the dealer and only iff you are complaining. They dont want to be at risk. Sometimes updates wont go right with all the errors or cars wich dont want to drive any more of other problems

Yern

Apr 25, 2019
Has it been some sort of crackdown on infotainment updates distribution from VW group? Both paid and free sources seems to have gone...
I complained to Seat Connect in April that navigation database hadn't been updated since Feb. They responded to reset my infotainment (which would have deleted all settings and users) which I didn't want to do. They also told me you must be out of your area by so many KM's for the navigation to update (what??). Then I received an email couple of weeks later (after I noticed it had updated) that there had been an issue with updates and this had now been resolved, Currently showing 24.6 so its current.

bells0

Jul 15, 2024
Leeds/Bradford
Hi all. Had a 71 plate FR sport 1.5 ETSI dsg delivered today. Sadly I couldn't see the car in person as no Sports near me in Leeds. So came from Wales.

Dealer (Seat) promised me the software would be updated to the latest. Seems they didn't do it....(That and some minor paint issues on the back bumper)

This is what I have. Any easy way of getting it updated (car was Seat approved so has 2 years warranty, but assume unless I have issues, they won't update it at my local garage?)
1000027918.jpg

Tippex

Mar 2, 2024
London
Hi all. Had a 71 plate FR sport 1.5 ETSI dsg delivered today. Sadly I couldn't see the car in person as no Sports near me in Leeds. So came from Wales.

Dealer (Seat) promised me the software would be updated to the latest. Seems they didn't do it....(That and some minor paint issues on the back bumper)

This is what I have. Any easy way of getting it updated (car was Seat approved so has 2 years warranty, but assume unless I have issues, they won't update it at my local garage?) View attachment 43249
I think your system is so out of date that it won't progress any further with OTA updates. It needs to be done at a dealer. Ring them and ask them, they should do it. Mine was the same. After that it will pick up further updates OTA.

Reactions: bells0

Tippex

Mar 2, 2024
London
I think your system is so out of date that it won't progress any further with OTA updates. It needs to be done at a dealer. Ring them and ask them, they should do it. Mine was the same. After that it will pick up further updates OTA.
Also, it's perfectly normal to want to smash the car with a sledgehammer and set it on fire before you get those updates. I promise you it's a million times better afterwards. I love my Leon now. ❤️

• Haha
Reactions: KoNG and bells0

bells0

Jul 15, 2024
Leeds/Bradford
Also, it's perfectly normal to want to smash the car with a sledgehammer and set it on fire before you get those updates. I promise you it's a million times better afterwards. I love my Leon now. ❤️
Cheers mate. Username of Tippex......sure i've possibly known you from other forums, but can't think where!! [av forums or tyresmoke??]

Jul 22, 2024

I bought my Leon with the same software version. I updated it to version 1969 without any issues, but to be sure, I first updated it to 1940 and then to 1969. Everything went smoothly.

Tippex

Mar 2, 2024
London
I bought my Leon with the same software version. I updated it to version 1969 without any issues, but to be sure, I first updated it to 1940 and then to 1969. Everything went smoothly.
Sure if you are confident/competent enough to upgrade yourself but many won't want to take the risk. Even workshops are nervous about doing it. My dealer had one car brick when power went out in the middle of an update. They can't claim from SEAT when this happens.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.