• Formentor members, we are testing a new feature requiring selection of a model year when posting - more info here

Start Stop OFF modules for MQB Evo?

spezwend

Jun 23, 2023
I added Arduino Nano with very simple code for the automatic start/stop off. After ign ON the Arduino sends in 5 seconds OFF signal to the module. Works great. I still have manual button for start-stop override.

Another option (I don't recommend) is to code off battery control module. Should be the same as disconnecting the ammeter plug from the battery terminal. I'm writing as I remember:

1. Module 09 > Adaption > Channel: Target installation of sub bus participants
2. Set the value: control unit for the battery monitoring to NO, default is YES.

I added Arduino Nano with very simple code for the automatic start/stop off. After ign ON the Arduino sends in 5 seconds OFF signal to the module. Works great. I still have manual button for start-stop override.

Another option (I don't recommend) is to code off battery control module. Should be the same as disconnecting the ammeter plug from the battery terminal. I'm writing as I remember:

1. Module 09 > Adaption > Channel: Target installation of sub bus participants
2. Set the value: control unit for the battery monitoring to NO, default is YES.
Would you like to share the how to do it tech? Pm or here? Been following the ideea also, saw some one from another forum talking about it.

spezwend

Jun 23, 2023
No problem.

1. Body Control Module J519, Plug T73c, pin 60, insert repair wire 000979009EA (if switched to ground, SS will be disabled or enabled)

2. Coding: in Central Electric Module 09, button1 value to "start-stop", and indicator light button1 value to "not installed" (VCDS/OBD11/ODIS etc) SFD locked

3. Arduino nano, power from ignition, random analog output pin to mosfet transistor, and then to repair wire

4. Arduino code int ss_out = 16 //A2, "void setup" pinmode (ss_out, OUTPUT), digitalWrite (ss_out, LOW) (like simple LED out, many examples if you google it), in void loop I used millis with 5sec delay. Very simple if you have experience with Arduinos, if not, then not so easy. :)

Reactions: dimex and Drakoniak
i'm so and so with arduino, where i'm lost is point 3. I should get a power wire from ignition or somewhere else :))? And also wouldi need a regulator or the nani can handle 14v, as i seen its rated to 12v.

I'm fairly new in this type of electronics. (Newbie). However I'm pretty good with cars and obd11 and vcds, but electronics are somewhat my kryptonite:)).

spezwend

Jun 23, 2023
@Drakoniak I had a Arduino Nano with LM1117 voltage regulator which has max input voltage 15V. Power wire from ignition, and Nano boots up in about 1 sec.

Feb 22, 2024
No problem.

1. Body Control Module J519, Plug T73c, pin 60, insert repair wire 000979009EA (if switched to ground, SS will be disabled or enabled)

2. Coding: in Central Electric Module 09, button1 value to "start-stop", and indicator light button1 value to "not installed" (VCDS/OBD11/ODIS etc) SFD locked

3. Arduino nano, power from ignition, random analog output pin to mosfet transistor, and then to repair wire

4. Arduino code int ss_out = 16 //A2, "void setup" pinmode (ss_out, OUTPUT), digitalWrite (ss_out, LOW) (like simple LED out, many examples if you google it), in void loop I used millis with 5sec delay. Very simple if you have experience with Arduinos, if not, then not so easy. :)
Hello! Can you tell us in more detail how to code the 9th block for external control of the start/stop system via Arduino. Thank you.

spezwend

Jun 23, 2023
@dimex maybe this is lost in translation, but you do not code the Central Electric Module with Arduino. You just send GND signal to the BCM. This is done the same way in previous models like Golf VII and Škoda etc. You can do this with simple push button or Arduino, Arduino will do this automatically after start. Coding is done with diagnostic software like OBD11 or ODIS.

Reactions: Antera
Feb 22, 2024
@dimex maybe this is lost in translation, but you do not code the Central Electric Module with Arduino. You just send GND signal to the BCM. This is done the same way in previous models like Golf VII and Škoda etc. You can do this with simple push button or Arduino, Arduino will do this automatically after start. Coding is done with diagnostic software like OBD11 or ODIS.
I have an MQB-Evo platform in my car. I can connect pin 60 and everything will be ok?

Feb 22, 2024
Arduino code int ss_out = 16 //A2, "void setup" pinmode (ss_out, OUTPUT), digitalWrite (ss_out, LOW) (like simple LED out, many examples if you google it), in void loop I used millis with 5sec delay.
Is it possible to connect directly to the BCM without a transistor?

Feb 22, 2024
@spezwend Hello! How will the car behave if the wire from the BMC is connected to the ground? I decided to use "Delay time module with relay on NE555". What do you think?

spezwend

Jun 23, 2023
@dimex sorry I didn't see your reply. The ground should be connected only for a second (like a push-button switch) and through a resistor. I used 220Ohm resistor and it has worked great.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.