• Formentor members, we are testing a new feature requiring selection of a model year when posting - more info here
  • Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

New software update?

bounderboy

Mar 21, 2023
If anyone brave enough to have a go themselves PM me and I can talk you through steps I took..

rubeck1s

Jul 15, 2022
If anyone brave enough to have a go themselves PM me and I can talk you through steps I took..
Apparently, self-update leaves a trace/error code in Control Unit (which does not erase), so if you ever have any issues relating to multimedia or any of the features it controls (most actually), then the dealer are likely tell you to pay up for repairs :)

Last edited:

Andy.M

Mar 20, 2022
Apparently, self-update leaves a trace/error code in OBD (which does not erase), so if you ever have any issues relating to multimedia or any of the features it controls (most actually), then the dealer are likely tell you to pay up for repairs :)
Would eastyorkshireretrofits care to comment on that?

Reactions: bounderboy

elzo

Jul 1, 2023
How old A896 software on my car? 😅 or?

Attachments

• IMG_2758.jpeg
    IMG_2758.jpeg
    536.8 KB · Views: 181

bounderboy

Mar 21, 2023
Just a little update on my (self) upgrade to 1940. Everything seems to be working ok. Have had a few of the normal gremlins of just very occasionaly a rogue warning about something innocuous.

This is totally anecdotal and I might be wrong but there does seem to be a couple of improvements from 1900, might be in my head though and nothing to do with upgrade..

- Carplay looks way better. However agree with some it might have gone too small! But defo better..
- DAB radio presets seem to most of the time not default to being off the screen when you go to them. It still does it with some button presses but defo seems to work better
- Electric Mode. This I am not sure about but to me it seems that it is more happy not to turn engine on. Where i found it a real struggle to stay on electric..

Not seen much else really... it was Carplay change I wanted..

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
Just a little update on my (self) upgrade to 1940. Everything seems to be working ok. Have had a few of the normal gremlins of just very occasionaly a rogue warning about something innocuous.

This is totally anecdotal and I might be wrong but there does seem to be a couple of improvements from 1900, might be in my head though and nothing to do with upgrade..

- Carplay looks way better. However agree with some it might have gone too small! But defo better..
- DAB radio presets seem to most of the time not default to being off the screen when you go to them. It still does it with some button presses but defo seems to work better
- Electric Mode. This I am not sure about but to me it seems that it is more happy not to turn engine on. Where i found it a real struggle to stay on electric..

Not seen much else really... it was Carplay change I wanted..
It's great that you've managed to do this update yourself. No infotainment issues on mine other than my mobile Bluetooth randomly disconnects and reconnects. Don't know if it's the car or the phone, getting a new phone next week so we'll see.

I think the infotainment is much more responsive now since 1899, I can flip through the menus with speed, and startup seems quicker too.

I reckon you've been so used to the large Carplay icons that the upgraded system looks small to you, something you'll quickly get used to 🙂.
Definitely no difference on electric mode for me, engine never turns on unexpectedly tbh.

My only bug now are the speaker pops and SOS emergency warning but it seems these are nothing to do with the infotainment system. They only happen when I venture outside of my normal area so not a big deal for now.

bounderboy

Mar 21, 2023
yes that is something else i was hoping fixed but it did do it after upgrade is it tries to ring Breakdown service over and over when starting - and not sure how to stop it.. it's rare but is annoying - I think it is a bug with how car deals with wireless carplay - but not totally sure why it does it..

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
Mine doesn't ring out or anything but I usually press the SOS button in the roof to start an emergency call then just cancel it on the big screen, just to reset it. I could leave it until next startup but then it might miss something that's really happening 😕.
I've put it down to rogue mobile signals as it always loses the Internet connection (globe disappears) and seems to happen in exactly the same places i.e. around Manchester airport, Cannock area.

Andy.M

Mar 20, 2022
Luckily the only thing I get is random reboots two or three times a week. Used to annoy me because it always changed my preferred speedo layout but now I just leave it on the default twin dials with a silver formentor in the middle and I'm calm 😂

Jones2020

Jul 14, 2023
Would be nice to get some updates on changes the driver experiences with the new update. I even heard the virtual cockpit is more smooth and less laggy when switching views

bounderboy

Mar 21, 2023
Well
Would be nice to get some updates on changes the driver experiences with the new update. I even heard the virtual cockpit is more smooth and less laggy when switching views
Interesting you say this. I "think" that the "hold the steering wheel nag" seems much less sensitive, before the update I had to constantly move the wheel to let it know i was still there - but on the few times I have used since update it seems holding it is now enough - which if is the case is so much better..

IT seems if hold steering wheel now it nags much less

Hampa1

Mar 23, 2021
Just got back from the dealer and my car is now on 1940.
It’s still too early to tell, but I’m optimistic reading other drivers experience with it.
I noticed much better sound (Beats) than before the update, if I’m not just imagining.

I also noticed that the ”Article number unit” (top row in system information) has changed.
That implies hardware, or is that software related?

Doogle

Ageing rocker🤟🏻🎸
Nov 25, 2021
Cumbria
It’s still too early to tell, but I’m optimistic reading other drivers experience with it.
I noticed much better sound (Beats) than before the update, if I’m not just imagining.

I also noticed that the ”Article number unit” (top row in system information) has changed.
What year is your car and model please?
I’m on 1896 my car is a 1.5dsg auto on a 22 plate, I only ask as I continuously get told by the dealer that there are no updates for my car yet (A common trope🙄) but am not sure if the newer updates like 1940 are running using different hardware to mine (Going by some comments on here)

Hampa1

Mar 23, 2021
What year is your car and model please?
I’m on 1896 my car is a 1.5dsg auto on a 22 plate, I only ask as I continuously get told by the dealer that there are no updates for my car yet (A common trope🙄) but am not sure if the newer updates like 1940 are running using different hardware to mine (Going by some comments on here)
MY 2022, VZ 310
Tell them to check TPI 2066091/17

bounderboy

Mar 21, 2023

I did my own software upgrade and the article number has changed as well. Last letter went from P to R

Jul 20, 2023
Hi have a Cupra Leon MY23 but think its the same Firmware on the unit , was delivered 2 weeks ago with 1900 , was upgraded this week by my local dealership to 1940 , as above Article number went from P to R

Spivvy

Nov 21, 2021
UK
All booked in for 1940 update Monday
Be interesting to see if my problem is fixed.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise