• Formentor members, we are testing a new feature requiring selection of a model year when posting - more info here

New software update?

Cvpra

Mar 11, 2023
Has anyone got before and after pics of the Car Play res update.

in all honesty I’m happy with It as is unless the update is that good.

Alex667

Jan 10, 2023
United Kingdom
Has anyone got before and after pics of the Car Play res update.

in all honesty I’m happy with It as is unless the update is that good.
I had a Skoda on loan for a week and it had the higer resolution/better scaled Carplay. It's a million times better without each button being 17 feet wide.

Reactions: Cvpra

Fencer60

Jun 5, 2022
Meon Valley, Hampshire, UK.
Had my VZ2 updated to 1940 last Thursday. No issues since, no reboots, and feels a bit more responsive but not dramatically so. I’ve had another OTA update since but it didn’t change the version numbers.

I’d say the CarPlay upgrade is something of a double-edged sword. On the one hand it’s nice that the Fisher Price interface is gone, but the amount of unused space on the main screens is ridiculous, frankly. Also, you still only get three recently used apps down the side of the display, and the icons are tiny. Maps looks great, though.

Some pics attached.

IMG_0524.jpeg

IMG_0522.jpeg

IMG_0521.jpeg

IMG_0520.jpeg
IMG_0523.jpeg

Reactions: Ian986 and Cvpra

elzo

Jul 1, 2023
new updates can only be installed at the dealer or can I get them myself over the air directly through the system in the car?

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
new updates can only be installed at the dealer or can I get them myself over the air directly through the system in the car?
Most over the air updates are fairly minor, the major ones require a visit to the dealer usually.

There is a possibility to do it yourself though via USB stick. Take a look at the earlier post #82.

Doogle

Ageing rocker🤟🏻🎸
Nov 25, 2021
Cumbria
In car doing this now.. gulp... wish me luck - 35% progress on first module!! Don't dare breathe or touch anything its rain and thundering and worried if touch a button i brick the car :-|
Good luck fella, what version are you running now, I have a 2022 1.5dsg auto running 1986 (I think) would this be a suitable candidate, I don’t know if they’re model or hardware specific?

bounderboy

Mar 21, 2023
It’s takes about 20mins so just be patient!
Can i leave car - or do i need to sit here .. worried car will switch off.. :-| Supposed to run my daughter to work in 20mins - going to have to explain to my Mrs why I can't shortly!

bounderboy

Mar 21, 2023
Good luck fella, what version are you running now, I have a 2022 1.5dsg auto running 1986 (I think) would this be a suitable candidate, I don’t know if they’re model or hardware specific?
It is 1900 as only had on lease in april.. this will take to 1940 i hope.. CPU update in progress..

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
I've read here somewhere it's not model specific. A post by East Yorkshire retrofits if I remember correctly.

Your car will still be under warranty though so let the dealer do it if it's not inconvenient. Ask for it when it goes in for a service maybe?
All done - so glad to see this screen - took about 10mins from a fast usb-c drive View attachment 37483
Brilliant, well done! 👏

Reactions: Doogle

bounderboy

Mar 21, 2023
I've read here somewhere it's not model specific. A post by East Yorkshire retrofits if I remember correctly.

Your car will still be under warranty though so let the dealer do it if it's not inconvenient. Ask for it when it goes in for a service maybe?

Brilliant, well done! 👏
Carplay looks normal at last - I have files now

Reactions: oldgitdave

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
It does make you wonder though. The dealer kept my car overnight last week as they could get the 1940 update to stick! Well that's what they told me :rolleyes:.

I went back to see them today as I'm still getting speaker pops and SOS emergency signals, twice over this last weekend! The technician who did it reckons I should get an OTA update soon that should sort it but to bring it back in if it continues. I've taken that with a pinch of salt!

Only a week in but the system seems pretty good except for the above-mentioned.

Alex667

Jan 10, 2023
United Kingdom
It does make you wonder though. The dealer kept my car overnight last week as they could get the 1940 update to stick! Well that's what they told me :rolleyes:.

I went back to see them today as I'm still getting speaker pops and SOS emergency signals, twice over this last weekend! The technician who did it reckons I should get an OTA update soon that should sort it but to bring it back in if it continues. I've taken that with a pinch of salt!

Only a week in but the system seems pretty good except for the above-mentioned.
Nope… there’s a software update to the telematics module that needs doing as well in order to fix that.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members