New software update?

Mar 13, 2022
Hello to all, can anyone with the new 1940 software confirm that it includes the lane changing assistant which is part of the Travel Assist as shown in this video? (Included with the Safety and Driving Pack XL).

Tha_Matt_Man

Jun 17, 2020
Belgium
Does someone have the same hardware as mine?
My VZ5 is at the dealer right now, I also experience reboots and want bugs solved like the popping sound from the speakers, Beats audio settings,....

But the dealer says I'm at the highest version right now, they don't receive any higher version from Cupra...

I'm from Belgium btw

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230524-135928~2.png
    Screenshot_20230524-135928~2.png
    542.8 KB · Views: 491

AntoniosL

Sep 30, 2021
Hi Matt, you are on 1898; not the highest version nowadays. Currently cars with infotainment system which suffers from reboots are being upgraded to 1940 and this is not country dependent.

Tha_Matt_Man

Jun 17, 2020
Belgium
Hi Matt, you are on 1898; not the highest version nowadays. Currently cars with infotainment system which suffers from reboots are being upgraded to 1940 and this is not country dependent.
Yes I know, but the dealer says it depends on the hardware in the vehicle. For some versions it's available, for some not (yet)..

I really doubt this explanation but that's the feedback I get. Even after telling multiple times that 1940 is out...

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
The dealer knows the update is out, but that doesn’t mean it’s available for every car.

I went to my dealer this weekend and the car is booked in for just over a week from now, but they claim not to know if 1940 is suitable for my car until they inspect it.
Mine's the same, booked in for July 4th, it's a Hybrid. I've not asked about 1940 but will report back same day, assuming I get it back the same day!

Went upto Manchester today, total pita. SOS emergency after the usual speaker pops, several times. Then after starting up to come home it went straight to guest mode so I couldn't pick any saved destinations. Parked up at Tesco and restarted, managed to choose my primary user profile so all good from then on except another SOS emergency!

ChrisGerr

Feb 6, 2022
My VZ3 has been on 1940 for 10 days now and so far no glitches or quirks at all. When I came home from work today, I was surprised to find a package in my porch that turned out to be a card thanking me 'for giving them the opportunity to fix the car' and a mini-hamper!!!
Having had BMW, Jaguar and Audi's in recent years I have never had this kind of service following a relatively minor bit of warranty work.....hugely impressed with Cupra / dealership (Johnsons Cupra Liverpool) for this kind of attention to detail
IMG_20230629_144823845.jpg
IMG_20230629_145156438_HDR.jpg

Shackattack

Apr 12, 2021
My VZ3 has been on 1940 for 10 days now and so far no glitches or quirks at all. When I came home from work today, I was surprised to find a package in my porch that turned out to be a card thanking me 'for giving them the opportunity to fix the car' and a mini-hamper!!!
Having had BMW, Jaguar and Audi's in recent years I have never had this kind of service following a relatively minor bit of warranty work.....hugely impressed with Cupra / dealership (Johnsons Cupra Liverpool) for this kind of attention to detail View attachment 37328 View attachment 37329
God if only Lookers did this!

rubeck1s

Jul 15, 2022
I'm curious: if i upgrade using MIB3 Software Updates SEAT – East Yorkshire Retrofit Solutions Ltd does it voids warranty (or some other negative consequences with dealer regarding self upgrade)? Also, if update fails, car will be bricked or reverts to previous version and be still operational?
It is possible to brick it, although, unlikely. A successful (or not) self-update also leaves an error which cannot be erased, so Autojuta will know and most likely decline the warranty ;)

Reactions: Nerius

chris_louk

May 13, 2022
Hello to all, can anyone with the new 1940 software confirm that it includes the lane changing assistant which is part of the Travel Assist as shown in this video? (Included with the Safety and Driving Pack XL).
Do you mean that this feature becomes available to all cars, even the ones that do not have Travel Assist?

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
Well I took my Formentor PHEV in today at 9am to sort the infotainment out again. As said earlier it's on 1899 and I'm hoping to get 1940. Still don't know if I'm going to get it though.

Anyway, they've just called me to say they're having trouble getting the updates to load so want to keep the car overnight and work on it tomorrow :(.
Fingers crossed 🤞.

King1987

Jul 3, 2023
Well I took my Formentor PHEV in today at 9am to sort the infotainment out again. As said earlier it's on 1899 and I'm hoping to get 1940. Still don't know if I'm going to get it though.

Anyway, they've just called me to say they're having trouble getting the updates to load so want to keep the car overnight and work on it tomorrow :(.
Fingers crossed 🤞.
If you have a usb-stick and you can get the software, you can do your own update. I did it by myself and it is easy to do.

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
If you have a usb-stick and you can get the software, you can do your own update. I did it by myself and it is easy to do.
It's under warranty so two things really... firstly the upgrade won't cost me anything (assuming they can do it), secondly I don't want to take the risk of bricking the system however unlikely that might be.

If it was out of warranty I might consider it. Tbh though, if the dealer can't fix it within the warranty period I'll probably move it on. I'd have another one though!

Mar 5, 2023
Since after a week of owning my VZ3, I had all the typical issues, was on 1898.
Told the garage, and today, thanks to Bartlet's St Leonard's I have 1940...!!!

It's a transformation in all ways. Software clearly is optimised. Seems to internally update 5x what it did before. Different car, perfect now.

Suspension, gearbox, how the hold assist works unobtrusively! The travel assist seems to do so much more and again, unobtrusive springs to mind, before was annoying at times. Centre screen it's super touch responsive and smooth like a phone. Other things seem to be my imagination, drivers screen seems clearer? For sure switches view twice as quickly. Lane assist is showing and positioning the car in the middle of the road on screen it's refresh rate much increased. Tbh didn't even notice before.

Need to go for a night drive see if matrix lights are more responsive, guess they are.
It's like internal systems got an overclock or new CPU. Wonder what they did...? Comfort mode is more delicate and subtle now!

Did they do something else at the service!! Was done in a couple of hours.
Don't sell your formentor, just get 1940!

Attachments

• IMG_20230704_173024.jpg
    IMG_20230704_173024.jpg
    347.3 KB · Views: 229

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
Since after a week of owning my VZ3, I had all the typical issues, was on 1898.
Told the garage, and today, thanks to Bartlet's St Leonard's I have 1940...!!!

It's a transformation in all ways. Software clearly is optimised. Seems to internally update 5x what it did before. Different car, perfect now.

Suspension, gearbox, how the hold assist works unobtrusively! The travel assist seems to do so much more and again, unobtrusive springs to mind, before was annoying at times. Centre screen it's super touch responsive and smooth like a phone. Other things seem to be my imagination, drivers screen seems clearer? For sure switches view twice as quickly. Lane assist is showing and positioning the car in the middle of the road on screen it's refresh rate much increased. Tbh didn't even notice before.

Need to go for a night drive see if matrix lights are more responsive, guess they are.
It's like internal systems got an overclock or new CPU. Wonder what they did...? Comfort mode is more delicate and subtle now!

Did they do something else at the service!! Was done in a couple of hours.
Don't sell your formentor, just get 1940!
That all sounds fantastic and exactly what I'm hoping for tbh.

As per original thread I was on 1896 and really didn't have any issues that bothered me. Cupra 'invited' me to have a software update so it was done in March along with its second service (car was 8 months old when I bought it and had its first service then). It came back to me with 1899 software and a few weeks later that's when all the problems started!

Cupra called me mid June to say the car is 2 years old and needs a brake fluid change. So I mentioned the infotainment issues including the full system crash (infotainment and digital dashboard crashed at 70mph on the M5). They booked it in for today for both items.

Mar 13, 2022
Do you mean that this feature becomes available to all cars, even the ones that do not have Travel Assist?
Don't know, to be honest. As far as I know Travel Assist is only available in Safe & Driving pack XL, so I imagine the lane changing assistant is an upgrade to only those models.

Last edited: