• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

what have you done to your car today ?

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
Not done anything to my car ( hopefully wash the grey one later) but I’ve been busy moving my shed and fence.
Bringing the new yellow one home tommorow so had to have the space ready.
CCDB10AC-D0C3-49F1-AE9F-D53F2E2C804D.jpeg
Will be a squeeze to get both Leon’s round there but one and the MX5 is okay.

Jay20VT

The 'R' In CupRa
Jul 23, 2004
N.London
Calipers look good!
Did you do them?

Badger5 Custom Map + TIP,
3”Custom exhaust, FMIC, Bosh 550’s, BC Coilovers, ARB’s +loads more.
No mate. I think the previous owner did actually. It's only a one prev owner car. My mate reckons they were painted at some point.
I will send you a close up.

Jay20VT

The 'R' In CupRa
Jul 23, 2004
N.London
No mate. I think the previous owner did actually. It's only a one prev owner car. My mate reckons they were painted at some point.
I will send you a close up.
So here is a question, do I debadge the wing emblems or change out the old knackered ones for on these?? Any suggestions

Attachments

• 20230514_152912-COLLAGE.jpg
    20230514_152912-COLLAGE.jpg
    220.2 KB · Views: 67

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
0688CC29-2188-4677-A29F-484CCAD23434.jpeg

30750308-6854-4A76-8C6E-E689FB0763F0.jpeg

So here is the latest addition to the family.
Back from the paint shop yesterday.
They have done an amazing job with onvi yellow being such a hard colour to match.
Also ended up getting them to paint all the grilles on the front black.
At some point someone had done some black spray or something to them but was all chipped and peeling off.
Would have like to just replace them all but seeing as they’re not all available new thought best just to get them painted properly.
Against the yellow looks okay black I think.
Obviously I still have a list of jobs to get it to my high standards but it’s getting there.
Full service and belts getting done tommorow and Thursday getting a wrapping place to re do the carbon effect stuff on the B pillar.
They have an off the shelf wrap that is near as damn it a perfect match so going with that.
Looks like a base model Leon without that on. :ROFLMAO:
New badges, centre caps and all the fun bits to do as well as a good detail under the bonnet and it should be like new (ish) again.
Well that’s as long as it gets a clean bill of health tommorow.
Wish me luck.

Jay20VT

The 'R' In CupRa
Jul 23, 2004
N.London
View attachment 36763
View attachment 36764
They have done an amazing job with onvi yellow being such a hard colour to match.
At some point someone had done some black spray or something to them but was all chipped and peeling off.
Would have like to just replace them all but seeing as they’re not all available new thought best just to get them painted properly.
Obviously I still have a list of jobs to get it to my high standards but it’s getting there.
Full service and belts getting done tommorow and Thursday getting a wrapping place to re do the carbon effect stuff on the B pillar.
They have an off the shelf wrap that is near as damn it a perfect match so going with that.
New badges, centre caps and all the fun bits to do as well as a good detail under the bonnet and it should be like new (ish) again.
Wish me luck.
Mate they look like husband and wife lol 🤣

Yellow is not my colour choice but I must admit it's looking REALLY nice!! That's is gonna be a real head turner and looking mint. I know you are a perfectionist and when you get that detail done you really should get some pro pictures taken on a decent SLR and show case it on here. Well done!!
I thought I was the only Mk1 R nut in the UK, but that is what you call true enthusiasm. May it live a long healthy life!
In the meantime, would love to see some more pics. Interior, engine etc

Reactions: Nathan penney

Jay20VT

The 'R' In CupRa
Jul 23, 2004
N.London
View attachment 36763
View attachment 36764
Wish me luck.
Just noticed you have a recaro interior ??? I am truly jealous now. I really want a pair like that.

Reactions: Nathan penney
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.