• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

what have you done to your car today ?

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
Popped in to the paintshop to see how my new yellow one is coming along.
N/s front wing is done, rear door where it’s bubbled under the rubber is done and the whole car is getting a flat and polish.
Colour match looks perfect from what I could see.
All 5 wheels are having a full refurb back to factory satin silver instead of black too.
It’s booked in for full service and cambelt in a couple weeks too. Can’t wait.
Wish window rubbers were still available new. As does everyone else I suppose.
I also need to get new carbon wrapping done on the b pillars between the glass.
Anyone had these done before?
Im thinking of going to a vehicle wrap place with my grey one, see if they can make them the same.
keep you all posted.

Jay20VT

The 'R' In CupRa
Jul 23, 2004
N.London
Popped in to the paintshop to see how my new yellow one is coming along.
N/s front wing is done, rear door where it’s bubbled under the rubber is done and the whole car is getting a flat and polish.
Colour match looks perfect from what I could see.
All 5 wheels are having a full refurb back to factory satin silver instead of black too.
It’s booked in for full service and cambelt in a couple weeks too. Can’t wait.
Wish window rubbers were still available new. As does everyone else I suppose.
I also need to get new carbon wrapping done on the b pillars between the glass.
Anyone had these done before?
Im thinking of going to a vehicle wrap place with my grey one, see if they can make them the same.
keep you all posted.
Looking forward to seeing some pictures

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
46445C4C-F39C-4E10-9604-369B8A5301F8.png

7B1CDBD5-A13E-4A39-A476-2587AC5115D4.png

The lad in the paint shop sent me these photos.
This was under the rubber on the near side rear door.
He’s built it back up now, rust treated and painted.
Should be getting it back after the weekend.

Reactions: MoToJoJo

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
Reactions: Nathan penney

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
Odd place too rot, that premixed fibre glass filler would work well there after metal treated, it sets rock hard
That’s what he’s fixed it with. He said the same it sets rock hard.
I’ve seen others bubble under the window rubbers.
The wheels are back too, look fantastic.
just waiting for a new tyre for the spare.

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
That’s what he’s fixed it with. He said the same it sets rock hard.
I’ve seen others bubble under the window rubbers.
The wheels are back too, look fantastic.
just waiting for a new tyre for the spare.
i thought the same but when i removed the rubber it was the spring steel insert that was rusting in the rubber, hard too find now there attached too the small window, make sure he treats it well the rust looks deep in, you can get a chemical for that and a rust inhibiter undercoat, if you ever take the inner door card off i.e the dam lock lol i would waxoil the back of the door or something similar

g60stu

Feb 9, 2003
Reading
My LCR is no longer my daily since November last year. I seem to spend most of the time charging the battery! 😂

Fitted some new front discs and pads the other week. All seem good. The previous brembo HP2000 pads on old discs just weren’t working well (badly bedded in??!!).
Took the Cupra to work today (smart motorway misery😕). Had a spirited moment on a slip road coming home and managed to get the traction control light to turn on - in fifth gear! It was raining and hit a bump. That’s a new achievement!! 😂
Engine is running so sweet!!

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
Master control unit replaced I did fix it but issue come back £6.70 from alliexpress, new cap line from same place £1.98 delivered and a new power steering cap as that cracked £5.70 from same place, you can get them from eBay but I bet they come from same place chi-na and there allot more, they have definitely sorted that place out since brexit as it wasn’t worth buying from there, not the case now also delivered in two weeks.

Attachments

• IMG_1624.jpeg
    IMG_1624.jpeg
    4.9 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0265.jpeg
    IMG_0265.jpeg
    473.6 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_1625.png
    IMG_1625.png
    7.8 KB · Views: 59
Reactions: Jay20VT

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Pumped up my rear tyre due to a weird deflation issue, seems to do those every couple of months.

What Alex said. Or there a hidden puncture you’ve missed. Mine did same over winter. Thought it may be non use low temps etc. I was kidding myself. Had a small nail in it and I couldn’t see it. That’s in 888r’s so should be easy to spot too.

Badger5 Custom Map + TIP,
3”Custom exhaust, FMIC, Bosh 550’s, BC Coilovers, ARB’s +loads more.

Jay20VT

The 'R' In CupRa
Jul 23, 2004
N.London
Nice
I changed the side indicators as they were water ingresses. Couldn't find the one which take the twist bulb fitting so bought the SEAT EXEO ones which are slightly smoked and look really nice

Reactions: Sparkie

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
The wheel will have corroded. I've had mine stripped and repainted and my rear right still loses a psi a day.
two of the wheels i got refurbed 10 years ago the rust started on the inner rims, had them refit and sanded the inner rims better getting valve changed as well that was a few years ago, you can use water on top of the valve to see its the valve leaking air

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.