• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

what have you done to your car today ?

Reggie Cupra TDi

Jan 14, 2016
MOT failure last week so it got treated to new gear to get it through,
FRONT SUBFAME
BOTTOM ARMS
TRACK ROD ENDS
REAR DISCS PADS, CALIPERS AND CABLES
2 NEW TYRES,

Kept cost down and did on the driveway myself otherwise wouldn't have been worth fixing!! but we good for another year it lives on! hahaha

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
Dropped car off todays for MOT and the cambelt full kit with water pump I'm also getting the Aux belt replaced as its cracking and noisy noticed this in winter its the original Aux belt as well, cambelt change soon comes around though:oops: , had to leave it overnight as they started late but as long as its right I'm not bothered, also told them had to refit the undertray a while back and sides some fixings were gone but just want to make sure they do fit it back as you don't know if they leave some fixings out..

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
55D04A50-F501-4704-9931-C5F180C160C5.jpeg

Reached 100k yesterday. :cry::ROFLMAO:
Not to worry, as I posted in readers rides section yesterday- I have also bought another! :eek::cool:

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
gear.jpg

Changed my gearbox oil because shifts were getting notchy. Helped a bit but it wasn't perfect. So I looked under the gearstick and the metal bar on the left has quite a lot of play back and forth. I couldn't find a metal washer thin enough to make it rigid, so I cut a horseshoe out of a debit card and wedged it behind the metal clip. Doesn't move a millimetre now and gear changes are so much better!

Jay20VT

The 'R' In CupRa
Jul 23, 2004
N.London
View attachment 36570
Changed my gearbox oil because shifts were getting notchy. Helped a bit but it wasn't perfect. So I looked under the gearstick and the metal bar on the left has quite a lot of play back and forth. I couldn't find a metal washer thin enough to make it rigid, so I cut a horseshoe out of a debit card and wedged it behind the metal clip. Doesn't move a millimetre now and gear changes are so much better!
Nice fix 👍

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
View attachment 36570
its not on the service schedule buts its recommended on any gearbox too replace at 100k or stiff changing, I've done it before and cut the wrong card up lol

• Haha
Reactions: Rich.T

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
Timing belt done jump in price though due to cost of living but that's including aux belt not bad though as its first time changed, but on a positive leon passed mot with no advisories, reckon ill need new tyres next year though i had them swapped around two years ago

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
its not on the service schedule buts its recommended on any gearbox too replace at 100k or stiff changing, I've done it before and cut the wrong card up lol
Yeah mine's on 94k. Not that different when cold but quite a lot smoother when warmed up now.

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
Yeah mine's on 94k. Not that different when cold but quite a lot smoother when warmed up now.
You can adjust the linkage never done it myself , think it’s due to the wire rope stretches, I’ve seem them drill it too make it a closer gear change seen that on utube

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
Yeah I did that last summer. It's just a method of getting the spring cables taut again really. Made it quite a lot better than it was at the time.

Reactions: Nam-uk

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
Ebony Black, Platinum, Flash Red, Arctic Silver, Ovni Yellow, Emocion Red, Luna Silver, Black Magic seems the be the colour frequency for LCRs.

I think Black Magic was something to do with the diesel FR "plus" at the end of the run when they shared bumpers. Very rare to see that colour on LCRs.

Reactions: Sparkie
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.