• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

what have you done to your car today ?

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
10 years ago I bought my first fast Leon - an 04 180hp Cupra on just 17k miles for £3000.

Today it would cost me £15000 for a similar 9 year old 14 reg Cupra.

Insane.

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
Drivers door lock micro switch developed a issue as interior lights stayed on and puddle light, might be due too spraying the lock switch with the wrong dam oil, out with old one and in with the backup lock i repaired a while ago and will fix that later on..

Last edited:
Reactions: Rich.T

MoToJoJo

Mar 25, 2014
Northants
Changed out a faulty drivers door lock (only taken me... a few years), finished doing some CAD work (cardboard really is handy)... that's about it really.

Thought I'd do a little showing off cuz you guys haven't seen this:

Passenger seat

20230326_142848.jpg

That TRS harness was originally for the driver, but like I said, I upgraded

20230326_142842.jpg

Swapped out the OMP First R seat (currently up for sale) for the Sparco seat and added a Schroth Profi II FE harness. Not even loved ones have held me as tight as this setup does, veeery much worth the money

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Changed out a faulty drivers door lock (only taken me... a few years), finished doing some CAD work (cardboard really is handy)... that's about it really.

Thought I'd do a little showing off cuz you guys haven't seen this:

Passenger seat

View attachment 36203

That TRS harness was originally for the driver, but like I said, I upgraded

View attachment 36204

Swapped out the OMP First R seat (currently up for sale) for the Sparco seat and added a Schroth Profi II FE harness. Not even loved ones have held me as tight as this setup does, veeery much worth the money

I have absolutely no need for seats or harnesses, but I bloody love those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mmisch

Oct 22, 2022
The Netherlands
I've broken my driver side mirror glass while trying to remove it because my heated mirrors were not working and I wanted to check for connections/power. RIP...:( (removed multiple mirrors, but apparently things only break on my own car..) let's see if the new mirror actually does fix the heating issue (I guess kinda win then?)

Last edited:

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
I've been driving my car a lot more over the past few weeks, what with more work on and everything. I don't know how to describe it, but something just doesn't feel right. It feels a lot 'looser' - steering doesn't feel as direct and the suspension feels a little crashy. That might just be the polybushes, but it would be good to know if that's what it is. Shocks are barely a year old (Bilstein B4). The roads here are proper awful though too.

Doesn't seem to rev as freely as I remember either. I've been wondering for a while if it's the cat being at the end of its life, as it's the original, and I had lots of emissions trouble over the last few years.

Or I could just be looking for an excuse to trade it in... Work's been good recently and as much as I feel good about keeping it running all this time, turning up to meetings with my dodgy paint job is starting to be an issue for the girlfriend, what with us working together and everything...

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
Absolute bellends out in force on the roads this week. Three times this week I've done absolutely nothing wrong and got horn blasted and gesticulated at.
Today's ******** in a little white van was under the delusion that you can just pull out into lane 2 from a slip road, in front of any car you like on the motorway. Yet I'm the wnker apparently for not allowing myself to be cut up 🤔

Last edited:
Reactions: Rich.T

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Absolute bellends out in force on the roads this week. Three times this week I've done absolutely nothing wrong and got horn blasted and gesticulated at.
Today's ******** in a little white van was under the delusion that you can just pull out into lane 2 from a slip road, in front of any car you like on the motorway.
I just realised I've had my licence for 25 years now - passed my test in mid-March 1998. It's a different world out there now. Back then, not everyone could afford a car and the ones who could seemed to have some sense of self-preservation about them. Anyone can get a car these days and I get the feeling that because a lot of them are on lease, those people don't care about them as much and drive them accordingly. Even when I had a long commute (back in 2009) the roads felt a lot safer and like there was a bit of give and take. Now people don't seem to realise they have to share the roads with others, or worse, just expect everyone to avoid them when they change lane without warning or decide to do a u-turn out of nowhere.

It sucks - I really don't feel like I enjoy driving anymore. So many cars on the road you can't go hooning it on B-roads, and the driving is so bad it's just a stress-fest from start to finish.

Bear

Jun 15, 2021
Today's ******** in a little white van was under the delusion that you can just pull out into lane 2 from a slip road, in front of any car you like on the motorway. Yet I'm the wnker apparently for not allowing myself to be cut up 🤔
I passed my test in 1984 when I was 17. I've started training as a driving instructor recently and it has really opened my eyes to how many bad habits I'd developed, but I can honestly say I've always tried to show other road users good manners and patience...but there are some proper bum-wipes out there! Oh, and driving at 20mph is fackin' debilitating!

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
I just realised I've had my licence for 25 years now - passed my test in mid-March 1998. It's a different world out there now. Back then, not everyone could afford a car and the ones who could seemed to have some sense of self-preservation about them. Anyone can get a car these days and I get the feeling that because a lot of them are on lease, those people don't care about them as much and drive them accordingly. Even when I had a long commute (back in 2009) the roads felt a lot safer and like there was a bit of give and take. Now people don't seem to realise they have to share the roads with others, or worse, just expect everyone to avoid them when they change lane without warning or decide to do a u-turn out of nowhere.

It sucks - I really don't feel like I enjoy driving anymore. So many cars on the road you can't go hooning it on B-roads, and the driving is so bad it's just a stress-fest from start to finish.
Part of the issue is that manual gearboxes and clutches kept most of the mongs off the road, now DSG cars are just glorified go-karts, unfortunately any moron can pass a driving test.

Last edited:

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
most of theses bad drivers have a front and back dash cam, had one with it all setup in his car the other day pulled out on me then went though red its daily that issue and the suv drivers most cant handle the size of them as they cant judge gaps.. and if i had a quid on every car I've seen that don't drive in bus lanes when you can id be rich there's on near me with 4 big signs saying it, the looks when you under take or they start to speed up lol

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
I passed my test in 1984 when I was 17. I've started training as a driving instructor recently and it has really opened my eyes to how many bad habits I'd developed, but I can honestly say I've always tried to show other road users good manners and patience...but there are some proper bum-wipes out there! Oh, and driving at 20mph is fackin' debilitating!

I did my advanced driving test back in 2007 and that brought it home to me how many bad habits I'd picked up. I'm still amazed we can pass our test at 17 and then that's it for fifty odd years. After half that time I feel rusty and I'm supposed to be in the IAM.

Part of the issue is that manual gearboxes and clutches kept most of the mongs off the road, now DSG cars are just glorified go-karts, unfortunately any moron can pass a driving test.

Looking at the people who drive like that, most of them seem to be middle aged, so maybe passed their test young, didn't drive for years, and now lease cars make diving more affordable for them, off they go. They're terrifying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk