• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

what have you done to your car today ?

BizaLarry

6J IBIZA FR TSI
Sep 16, 2018
Glasgow
www.facebook.com
Had a couple Toyo Proxes TR1’s fitted to the FR today and threw some new HT leads and plugs on her.

I’m fitting new TRE’s, taking it for a tracking then dropping it off for a timing chain tomorrow..
Skint before payday has even ended 😂😂😭

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Removed the active side indicators as was getting fed up of how much they stuck out from the wings:
95baec2f6b1db75671c70408a30d4e6d.jpg

replaced them with smoked lens indicators - actually think they look more OEM:
a46f25903918a001c8b0498d3b199038.jpg

Need to get new FR badges for each side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
Removed the active side indicators as was getting fed up of how much they stuck out from the wings:
95baec2f6b1db75671c70408a30d4e6d.jpg

replaced them with smoked lens indicators - actually think they look more OEM:
a46f25903918a001c8b0498d3b199038.jpg

Need to get new FR badges for each side

Where were those ones from mate and did they clip in properly as a lot of aftermarket ones are piss poor quality?

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Where were those ones from mate and did they clip in properly as a lot of aftermarket ones are piss poor quality?

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk

Got them off eBay a couple of years ago and yep they clipped in fine but they are are almost twice as thick as originals.

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
Lost the lense off of one of my repeaters. Had a spare unit in a wing i have in the shed. Went to fit it and the bulb holder fitting is different! WTF!!!!
One is push fit and one is bayonet. Gotta sort that as i havnt washed the car since the bulb was exposed. The car has never looked so neglected.

Bear

Jun 15, 2021
Lost the lense off of one of my repeaters. Had a spare unit in a wing i have in the shed. Went to fit it and the bulb holder fitting is different! WTF!!!!
One is push fit and one is bayonet. Gotta sort that as i havnt washed the car since the bulb was exposed. The car has never looked so neglected.
Your shed has wings? How big is it?! 😁

• Haha
Reactions: iammooks and Rich.T
Nov 13, 2021
Had problems with rear doors locking mechanism couldnt open from outside so took apart clean contacts for motors working like a clock.
Was it that thing where you lock the door and unlock it and then it's hard to open via the handle? I have that on both my front doors. Sometimes I have to give the door a bunch and it goes well :D

Manic172

https://m.facebook.com/ManicMotorsport1
Dec 4, 2018
Hemel hempstead
www.seatcupra.net
Still nothing....... I haven't even seen it in over a month.. hope its still there.
Engine block is with prorace for lineboring for the billet main ends and to bore out the block for the stroker pistons.
Have ordered a motorsport oil pump and squirrels from Bar-tek with higher flow rates. Also a motorsport spec water pump with metal impellers as the plastic ones can fail.
Billet oil filer housing is on its way from JAAATT Engineering.
All pic will be posted to the build thread when I am able to do so.

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Still nothing....... I haven't even seen it in over a month.. hope its still there.
Engine block is with prorace for lineboring for the billet main ends and to bore out the block for the stroker pistons.
Have ordered a motorsport oil pump and squirrels from Bar-tek with higher flow rates. Also a motorsport spec water pump with metal impellers as the plastic ones can fail.
Billet oil filer housing is on its way from JAAATT Engineering.
All pic will be posted to the build thread when I am able to do so.

It's posts like these that make me realise how little I really know about cars.

Reactions: Bear

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
Nathan where did you get the rc car leon shell from
Bycmo RC.
Got it direct from Spain.
Had to learn some Spanish to email them and ask about getting one shipped over. Lol
After a couple of emails back and forth they were really helpful and I got two sent over.
One I’m removing stickers from to resemble my car.
Had to make new holes in the body to fit my Tamiya TT- 02 Chassis but still looks ace.

Reactions: Manic172

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
Had random issues with the master control unit on drivers door, the lock and unlock randomly locked on unlock weird, removed the unit and dismantled, no corrosion at all but there was two plastic pins on the rocker and I think they were sticking, blasted the unit with contact cleaner and put the seal back , the pins I cleaned and put silicon spray on them, refit works allot better now.. if starts up again I may replace it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rich.T

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
Went out for the evening with friends last night (also car nuts) so took it for an inside and out wash n hoover before hand. Didn't want to let the side down.

Reactions: Nam-uk

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
Add a bit of bling, chrome struts it adds 20 bhp

• Haha
Reactions: Rich.T
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise