• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

what have you done to your car today ?

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
Perfect - thank you.

That said, I just realised the one I bought didn't say if it came with the retaining clip and o-ring. Do they all come with those or am I going to have to find some?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Going off comments they come with it, don’t think they said as it’s in the pic that’s my main issue with Amazon, post how it goes just in case I have to change mine.

Last edited:
Reactions: iammooks

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Such good news - thank you. I can't imagine having to go through all the faff of finding the right clip and o-ring.

I've always rated Febi stuff. Top mounts, ball joints, boost pipes, dogbone, and probably all kinds of other stuff. Pretty much all the peripheral stuff on my car these days is either Bosch or Febi.

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
Such good news - thank you. I can't imagine having to go through all the faff of finding the right clip and o-ring.

I've always rated Febi stuff. Top mounts, ball joints, boost pipes, dogbone, and probably all kinds of other stuff. Pretty much all the peripheral stuff on my car these days is either Bosch or Febi.

found this tonight be handy too have it saved https://partsfinder.bilsteingroup.com/en/search/make/Seat/model/Leon (1M) 1998 - 2006/vehicle/1.9 TDI - 110 kW | 150 hp?f=7

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Going off comments they come with it, don’t think they said as it’s in the pic that’s my main issue with Amazon, post how it goes just in case I have to change mine.
I'm hoping it'll solve a few issues - I posted a while back about how the car just died on me after setting off from home, and I've noticed for a while when I'm sat at lights and the car is cold that my revs fluctuate a bit. Nothing crazy but still noticeable. I've heard it can affect fuelling, so it might be part of the reason I've had trouble with emissions on the MoT these past few years.

Speaking of emissions, I was sent something saying I can buy "renewable diesel" now at an Esso station in town. 'They' say that it's cleaner and doesn't affect performance, and it sounds like it's made from vegetable oil. It looks like it's 75% normal diesel and 25% renewable - and probably costs a fortune.

Has anyone tried it?

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
I'm hoping it'll solve a few issues - I posted a while back about how the car just died on me after setting off from home, and I've noticed for a while when I'm sat at lights and the car is cold that my revs fluctuate a bit. Nothing crazy but still noticeable. I've heard it can affect fuelling, so it might be part of the reason I've had trouble with emissions on the MoT these past few years.

Speaking of emissions, I was sent something saying I can buy "renewable diesel" now at an Esso station in town. 'They' say that it's cleaner and doesn't affect performance, and it sounds like it's made from vegetable oil. It looks like it's 75% normal diesel and 25% renewable - and probably costs a fortune.

Has anyone tried it?

I’ve not even seen it about bet it’s premium though we pay enough bloody tax on fuel at the minute and it’s going up again next year 12%,, but that sounds like the veg oil people put in certain diesel engines come out it wasn't liked at the time as you were not paying tax that's reason veg oil went up as dear as fuel, that additive I posted solved issues especially at cold start and smoke, possibly cleaned injectors, put some in every time I put fuel in.

Last edited:

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
I’ve not even seen it about bet it’s premium though we pay enough bloody tax on fuel at the minute and it’s going up again next year 12%,, but that sounds like the veg oil people put in certain diesel engines come out it wasn't liked at the time as you were not paying tax that's reason veg oil went up as dear as fuel, that additive I posted solved issues especially at cold start and smoke, possibly cleaned injectors, put some in every time I put fuel in.
It's getting harder to keep my car at the moment and it sucks. I keep hearing that the council is going to put a ULEZ in the city, and from the plans I've seen, it would be from the end of my road. I live on a one-way street, so would be turning into it every time I leave the house, so I'm getting a bit anxious. I don't think even chip fat would change their minds.

On the one hand, I know every inch of my car and love it to bits and can't bear the thought of selling it, but on the other hand, it's a Euro 3 diesel, and maybe it's better to cut my losses now before it becomes impossible to sell in the future.

Maybe I should have bought that Cupra R a few weeks back...

Reactions: Nam-uk and Alexis27

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
Puncture was too near the shoulder to patch.

I remember when a new Michelin tyre was £90 fitted.

Then it went up to £110.

A hundred and thirty bloody quid now 🤬

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
It's getting harder to keep my car at the moment and it sucks. I keep hearing that the council is going to put a ULEZ in the city, and from the plans I've seen, it would be from the end of my road. I live on a one-way street, so would be turning into it every time I leave the house, so I'm getting a bit anxious. I don't think even chip fat would change their minds.

On the one hand, I know every inch of my car and love it to bits and can't bear the thought of selling it, but on the other hand, it's a Euro 3 diesel, and maybe it's better to cut my losses now before it becomes impossible to sell in the future.

Maybe I should have bought that Cupra R a few weeks back...
complete cash cow, i read the consultation was a right fix yet Khan went ahead and did it, they tried to sneak it in Manchester people only noticed when the cameras were getting put up and that consultation was only on facebook it proper kicked off, you know one sigh post fitted were 31k each and theres 65 of them the under review stickers cost 3k wtf and they moan there's not enough funding, they had a clean air zone in london for 20 years and its still made no difference

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Coolant sensor arrived, coolant sensor installed. Lost a lot of coolant though as the o-ring didn't come out so had to desperately try and get that out with coolant going everywhere. I have no idea where it's gone, but I got the replacement in so I suppose that's a success?

Now to buy some more coolant...

I noticed when I was taking the electrical connector off that there was another connector down there that wasn't plugged in. I think it's on the same loom as the coolant temp sensor. It was zip-tied to itself though, which doesn't seem very factory.

Does anyone know what it is?

0bab72fa732689d87a1215578c16e2c2.jpg

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
complete cash cow, i read the consultation was a right fix yet Khan went ahead and did it, they tried to sneak it in Manchester people only noticed when the cameras were getting put up and that consultation was only on facebook it proper kicked off, you know one sigh post fitted were 31k each and theres 65 of them the under review stickers cost 3k wtf and they moan there's not enough funding, they had a clean air zone in london for 20 years and its still made no difference
Sometimes I feel like it's a way of getting people to buy new cars. The streets of Brighton are always rammed with people in single-occupancy cars, so low emission or not, it's more a matter of people driving when they don't have to than polluting cars as such. I don't see that many cars my car's age around anyway, so rather than making me buy another car that I'll barely use, I don't see why they can't exempt cars over say, fifteen years old. In fact, they should be giving me a prize for keeping this one on the road.

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
Coolant sensor arrived, coolant sensor installed. Lost a lot of coolant though as the o-ring didn't come out so had to desperately try and get that out with coolant going everywhere. I have no idea where it's gone, but I got the replacement in so I suppose that's a success?

Now to buy some more coolant...

I noticed when I was taking the electrical connector off that there was another connector down there that wasn't plugged in. I think it's on the same loom as the coolant temp sensor. It was zip-tied to itself though, which doesn't seem very factory.

Does anyone know what it is?

0bab72fa732689d87a1215578c16e2c2.jpg

Not got that on mine

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
IMG_1406.jpg

This metal bar with pipes attached has started rattling against the cowling above. Is it meant to be fixed to it because it's all loose?

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Not got that on mine
This does help! The way I see it, it looks like it's never been plugged into anything, I can't find anything that looks like it's wanting a plug, and I've never had any engine issues, lights or anything come up in VCDS about it. It's probably been like that the whole fourteen years I've owned the car and hasn't been causing any trouble, so I'm just going to leave it well alone.

So it's been a week since putting in the new sensor and everything seems to be working fine. No long drives yet, but the times I've taken the car out, it's taken a lot longer for the gauge to say it's up to temperature. After filling the expansion tank, I've had to add maybe 500ml, but I think that's more to do with the pipes being emptied and a few air pockets sorting themselves out rather than a leak. I've had a feel around the sensor and I don't think there's anything leaking, so I'll check it tomorrow to make sure and to put a last little bit of coolant in - it's currently just below the minimum. I'll keep an eye on it when I do a longer drive at Christmas.

Sadly, the car might be up for sale soon, as I'm probably going to have to go down the petrol route. I don't drive far enough to get the benefit of the diesel and it sounds like there's going to be a clean air zone in the city soon enough, so if anyone's interested, get in touch. The bonnet and front bumper need the paint corrected, but you all know how much I've loved this car and how much work I've done on it.

And if anyone sees an A5 coupe for a reasonable price...

Reactions: Nam-uk
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.