Anybody changed their DSG gear selector?

Aug 19, 2021
I recently purchased an Ibiza Cupra Bocanegra (pfl), and its only just come to my attention how ugly the gear selector is lol. Even though its really ergonomic and practical to use im just not a fan, a friend got in for the first time and immediately said it looks like pingu XD

Now ive searched the net to see if anyone offers a different style but unfortunately i couldnt find anything. Admittedly i havent looked for long but ive not found an aftermarket replacement yet.

My main query is, has anybody changed their shifter and if so who did you use/buy from? If im correct in thinking you can even do it at all. Obviously there is the push-in button used to put the car into gear to think about but i dont know if that affects installation or the aftermarket scene for them.
I will also be looking for a new boot/gaiter as this one has a small crack/tear in the fabric so if anyone has swapped theirs with a slightly more premium or cooler one info on that would also be helpful.

Thanks in advance
A new cupra owner

Apr 8, 2021
I recently purchased an Ibiza Cupra Bocanegra (pfl), and its only just come to my attention how ugly the gear selector is lol. Even though its really ergonomic and practical to use im just not a fan, a friend got in for the first time and immediately said it looks like pingu XD

Now ive searched the net to see if anyone offers a different style but unfortunately i couldnt find anything. Admittedly i havent looked for long but ive not found an aftermarket replacement yet.

My main query is, has anybody changed their shifter and if so who did you use/buy from? If im correct in thinking you can even do it at all. Obviously there is the push-in button used to put the car into gear to think about but i dont know if that affects installation or the aftermarket scene for them.
I will also be looking for a new boot/gaiter as this one has a small crack/tear in the fabric so if anyone has swapped theirs with a slightly more premium or cooler one info on that would also be helpful.

Thanks in advance
A new cupra owner

Hi, I agree with you about how ugly is the gear selector, that’s actually one of the first things I changed once I got my Cupra
d8062eed826396b9bb607b9fe2aa96f2.jpg

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: CW92

CW92

Jul 6, 2021
Hi, I agree with you about how ugly is the gear selector, that’s actually one of the first things I changed once I got my Cupra
d8062eed826396b9bb607b9fe2aa96f2.jpg

That does look a lot nicer.

Do you happen to have a guide to replace this and which selector did you use?

Apr 8, 2021
That does look a lot nicer.

Do you happen to have a guide to replace this and which selector did you use?

I actually don’t, but I can share you a YouTube video that helps me a lot.

And about the DSG Knob I got it from AliExpress.

Reactions: CW92

e_cupra

Apr 19, 2020
Did a bit on my build thread, happy to walk you through anything if needs be over a pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk