OBD Modifications

mulaganesh

Sep 8, 2021
For the MK4 leon or in general?
for VIM It works in general, just don't see the option in the software:

VIM:
https://obdeleven.com/en/latest-new...lkswagen-skoda-seat-vehicles.html?page_type=0

For Mirrorlink, I will post back, i have instruction how to activate it , but cannot find them now.
Hey mate. Im very interested in what you find out about mirrorlink. Unfortunately I bought a model with no nav and no mirrorlink and it drives me nuts that I still rely on a smartphone in the front window for nav instructions. Hoping I can get AA to work some day. Thanks for helping us out.

Dkn5000

Oct 29, 2021
Hi! Is it possible to code ambiance light features. I have an Fr and its not active in my car at the moment

Reactions: Swinners

KokDu

Sep 25, 2021
Hey mate. Im very interested in what you find out about mirrorlink. Unfortunately I bought a model with no nav and no mirrorlink and it drives me nuts that I still rely on a smartphone in the front window for nav instructions. Hoping I can get AA to work some day. Thanks for helping us out.
I will post if I find anything. So far I found instruction on release FeC/SWAP codes , but nothing changed so far.

Here it is :

What is FEC/SWaP code?​

• Feature Enabling Code / SoftWare As a Product - mechanism to pack units with features and sell activation codes later on.
  • In MIB this controls App-Connect (CarPlay, AndroidAuto, MirrorLink), Performance Monitor, Voice Control, navigation region, and few other things.
  • Code is generated by VW server, contains VIN, VCRN, feature code, creation time and date, digital signature.
  • Code will not work on a different vehicle than it was created for (unless main unit is patched).

Requirements​

• OBDeleven with PRO license
  • FEC/SWaP code that you want to install.

Why I need/want to do it?​

• If you want Performance Monitor and VW is not selling activation code for it.
  • If you want AndroidAuto in Porsche (Porsche will not enable it, even if you pay).
  • If you swap from MIB1 to MIB2.
  • If you move to another region and want your maps to work.
  • Entry level car is not equipped with CarPlay/AndroidAuto.

Additional info​

• Will not work with VCDS (it can not change service to EOL).
  • Good to have developer mode enabled first to access full service menu.
  • Installing unsupported codes will not enable features.
  • Installing self-generated codes in stock unit will not enable features. You need patch the system first. Otherwise codes will be marked as invalid.

How to?​

1. 5F → Change Service → End of assembly line mode (EOL)
  2. 5F → Security Access → 20103
  3. 5F → Adaptation → Transfer of release code for a SWaP function → paste in code (00060300 for Mirrorlino in my case) → write
  4. 5F → Basic Settings → Release of SWaP function → slide to start → slide to end
  5. Check in service menu if code was installed.
I tried this as well, but all are unlocked :

Unblock infotainment menus while moving

1/ Select Control Unit: 5F Information Control Unit
2/ Select Adaptations
3/ Select Locked menu contents
4/ Change everything that is "blocked" to "non_blocked."

NB in some countries this may be illegal.

P.S. Meanwhile, I have not seen this posted, it works on Seat Leon MK4 , tested it already. I had used it on VW Passat B8, works fine as well and makes a difference in driving behaviour.

Improve throttle response (for DSG gearbox):

Adaptation
Control unit: 44 Steering Assistance
Name: Driving profile switchover
Values:
Old value: Incremental, controlled over time
New value: Direct, controlled over threshold value

The security code is 19249.

Enjoy it.

mulaganesh

Sep 8, 2021
I will post if I find anything. So far I found instruction on release FeC/SWAP codes , but nothing changed so far.

Here it is :

What is FEC/SWaP code?​

• Feature Enabling Code / SoftWare As a Product - mechanism to pack units with features and sell activation codes later on.
  • In MIB this controls App-Connect (CarPlay, AndroidAuto, MirrorLink), Performance Monitor, Voice Control, navigation region, and few other things.
  • Code is generated by VW server, contains VIN, VCRN, feature code, creation time and date, digital signature.
  • Code will not work on a different vehicle than it was created for (unless main unit is patched).

Requirements​

• If you want AndroidAuto in Porsche (Porsche will not enable it, even if you pay).

Additional info​

• Installing self-generated codes in stock unit will not enable features. You need patch the system first. Otherwise codes will be marked as invalid.

How to?​

3. 5F → Adaptation → Transfer of release code for a SWaP function → paste in code (00060300 for Mirrorlino in my case) → write
  4. 5F → Basic Settings → Release of SWaP function → slide to start → slide to end

2/ Select Adaptations

P.S. Meanwhile, I have not seen this posted, it works on Seat Leon MK4 , tested it already. I had used it on VW Passat B8, works fine as well and makes a difference in driving behaviour.

Adaptation
Values:

Enjoy it.
Hey kokdu,

Thanks a lot for getting back to me(us). I read your post, but I am not really skilled in OBDeleven, but will find someone who is, to help me out.

You read that you knew that it would work for Seat Leon mk4, even though it havnt been posted anywhere yet. Which of the features do you know for a fact it works to unlock? My Leon does not have mirrorlink as stock. Is that the feature you know can be unlocked?

Crossing my fingers. 😄

Thanks again and good weekend.

Dkn5000

Oct 29, 2021

Here it is :

What is FEC/SWaP code?​

Requirements​

Additional info​

How to?​

2/ Select Adaptations

Adaptation
Values:

Enjoy it.
Does that mean if I can get swap code, then I can activate full link via obd11? If so how does one get swap code?

KokDu

Sep 25, 2021
Does that mean if I can get swap code, then I can activate full link via obd11? If so how does one get swap code?
I am trying to get it to work, I don't know if it can be done. :(
My car does not have FullLink enabled , yet in the list of available FEC codes I can see that the code 00060300 (which is support for Mirror link) is available, which in theory should mean it could be installed (ebna led) once I get the right settings.
So far, of course, I have not been able to..

I appologize if I have mislead someone with my optimism. But I will keep on trying and see if I can get it to work one day.

Some of the other Obdeleven "hacks" work (Travel assist, Off-road menu , Culpa view on dashboard, etc )) and I have enabled them , hopefully I will do this (mirrorlink) as well, it is a matter of software
Current USB-C ports supply around 1800-2000 mAh (measured it on my phone with Accubattery Pro) so this should be not an issue , whilst it is not fast-charging.

What I really need is Rear DRL lights (Scandinavian style, during the day) , Video in Motion (so my kids can watch Masha and the Bear :) while I watch Navi on the Virtual Cockpit) and mirrorlink (so I can see Waze for potential road issues & police lurking around ).

Will keep you updated.

Reactions: mulaganesh

mulaganesh

Sep 8, 2021
My car does not have FullLink enabled , yet in the list of available FEC codes I can see that the code 00060300 (which is support for Mirror link) is available, which in theory should mean it could be installed (ebna led) once I get the right settings.

I appologize if I have mislead someone with my optimism. But I will keep on trying and see if I can get it to work one day.

Some of the other Obdeleven "hacks" work (Travel assist, Off-road menu , Culpa view on dashboard, etc )) and I have enabled them , hopefully I will do this (mirrorlink) as well, it is a matter of software
Current USB-C ports supply around 1800-2000 mAh (measured it on my phone with Accubattery Pro) so this should be not an issue , whilst it is not fast-charging.

What I really need is Rear DRL lights (Scandinavian style, during the day) , Video in Motion (so my kids can watch Masha and the Bear :) while I watch Navi on the Virtual Cockpit) and mirrorlink (so I can see Waze for potential road issues & police lurking around ).

Will keep you updated.

Will keep you updated.
Thanks again for your reply.

I really hope you succeed some day.

I live in Scandinavia and got DRL installed by default I guess. I always enable driving light when I drive though, as I think the coolest feature about the car is the backlight LED, which is turned off when DRL is enabled. Just to let you know, in case you did not.

I hope to hear from you again some day with a mirrorlink solution hehe. Have a good one.

xRRx

May 30, 2021
📢
We are proud to announce that #OBDeleven is the FIRST Third-party diagnostic tool that allows real-time SFD unlocking
📢

🆕
IT CAN FULLY ACCESS THE LATEST VAG MODELS WITH SFD PROTECTION
Currently, this new feature is available on Closed Beta testing. Join the testers and share your feedback with us!
📢
The PUBLIC version will be available from 2021.11.11

KokDu

Sep 25, 2021
They were mentioning in the German Seat forum.
Great news. :) Time for modding , once it is available .

P.S. from OBDeleven forum : "SFD support will be added on November 11th."

Last edited:
Reactions: mulaganesh

mulaganesh

Sep 8, 2021
They were mentioning in the German Seat forum.
Great news. :) Time for modding , once it is available .

P.S. from OBDeleven forum : "SFD support will be added on November 11th."
Can't wait to see what you come up with. What fantastic news

Zoidberg

Apr 20, 2021
Denmark
Great news, I still have a few things that I want to try and I'm having no luck with VCTool :confused:
Will be interesting to see what the cost will be like.

Widil

Jul 5, 2021
📢
We are proud to announce that #OBDeleven is the FIRST Third-party diagnostic tool that allows real-time SFD unlocking
📢

🆕
IT CAN FULLY ACCESS THE LATEST VAG MODELS WITH SFD PROTECTION
Currently, this new feature is available on Closed Beta testing. Join the testers and share your feedback with us!
📢
The PUBLIC version will be available from 2021.11.11
Did anyone with an iPhone succeeded to enter the beta ?
I filled the form like 6 times since it’s opened and haven’t received anything to download the beta.
if you guys made it, did you do anything particular ?

KokDu

Sep 25, 2021
Updated OBDeleven app, with ability to unlock SFDs is available in Android play store. Let the tests begin. :)

Zoidberg

Apr 20, 2021
Denmark
I'm a little torn on this one. On one hand I want to go crazy and code, I've got a long list things I want to try. On the other hand I'm a little worried about the T&C of the SFD function and the prospect of OBD11 sending all my details and actions directly to VAG, but maybe I'm just being paranoid?

KokDu

Sep 25, 2021
Authentication process:

Start the app, set 2 factor authentication. Install Google autheticator.
Start the process, copy the generated code (looong number) into the Google app. YOu will get a new code 6 digits, which you will paste into OBDeleven.

After this you are authenticated and you can start playing.

Quick test - DRL lights enabled:

Enable via menu and voila :

Other things tried quickly (acceleration , sound actuator and staging), all successful :

And also - new apps have shown for those who are lazy or inexperienced to fiddle with long coding/adaptations:

Last edited:
Reactions: KoNG and FalconTech

KokDu

Sep 25, 2021
Meanwhile I found working VIM (video in motion) with another tool :

OBDAPP Seat Leon KL

This would mean that it is possible to activate it via OBDeleven (or possibly Carista in the future).

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.