Post Pic's of Your Mk3 Leon In Here

Deano j1971

Jan 5, 2018
What splitter is that? Looks brilliant!

It’s a Rieger splitter from eBay, it’s German so very easy to fit and comes with all the fixtures and instructions. One of the guys at the last meet we had @Maypack.... ordered one and fitted it to his car and it turned out great..

View attachment 2360

Rieger splitter on @Mapaypack car. Looks cool as...

Last edited:

Deleted member 103408

47958dc9da4247b8b492469345c9f31f.jpg

this is his car

beddin90

Mar 31, 2014
It’s a Rieger splitter from eBay, it’s German so very easy to fit and comes with all the fixtures and instructions. One of the guys at the last meet we had @Maypack.... ordered one and fitted it to his car and it turned out great..

View attachment 2360

Rieger splitter on @Mapaypack car. Looks cool as...

Thanks! It makes a big difference to the front of the car. If its quite easy to fit i may have to treat myself at some point in the future..

Reactions: Maypack

Deano j1971

Jan 5, 2018
Thanks! It makes a big difference to the front of the car. If its quite easy to fit i may have to treat myself at some point in the future..

Yeah...all the holes are pre-drilled in splitter even the first two holes at each end of the splitter match the two screws under front bumper. Jacked the car up and put on axle stands, a nice bead of silicone sealant and fix with the rest of the screws and special washers supplied, job done. 40mins tops.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Yeah...all the holes are pre-drilled in splitter even the first two holes at each end of the splitter match the two screws under front bumper. Jacked the car up and put on axle stands, a nice bead of silicone sealant and fix with the rest of the screws and special washers supplied, job done. 40mins tops.

Exactly like that. Easy and such a good investment

Thanks @Deano j1971 for convincing me to get one

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Reactions: AshCupra300

cupra300uk

May 31, 2018

Does the silicone sealant come with it or did you get it separately? Been wanting a splitter for ages but I’ve been putting it off because I don’t want to drill into the bumper! Does suit the car very well though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheSwede

Oct 20, 2018
Sweden
Car looks super cool Peter, how does it compare to your old golf r.

R5m.jpg
IMG_5667.jpg

Comparison R vs R

Tomorrow we will do a comparison. Since the Cupra R just have 250 km on the odo I don’t want to go 100% yet (await until 1000 km). It feels a bit more firm in the suspension, both have DCC and also lighter. Both are manual. In general they are very similar. We will see tomorrow :). I'm very exited!

/Peter

Last edited:

Deleted member 103408

Well that's if it all goes through, I am afraid my OCD (Which I don't normally have) would tell me the color is different for no reason, the font size is different, the temp gauge looks out of place. but its not my car but if it were I would change back to the old style.

Edit
Sorry @paddy6789 I don't like that, but as long as you do then that's good

Deano j1971

Jan 5, 2018
Does the silicone sealant come with it or did you get it separately? Been wanting a splitter for ages but I’ve been putting it off because I don’t want to drill into the bumper! Does suit the car very well though

Nah..I got the silicone myself,and the drill holes are only 3mm so if you have to take the splitter off to hand the car back you will hardly see them.

Reactions: cupra300uk

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Nah..I got the silicone myself,and the drill holes are only 3mm so if you have to take the splitter off to hand the car back you will hardly see them.

I can confirm this to be 100% as @Deano j1971 talked me into the exact same Splitter. Same installation method. Fit splitter to 4 existing self tapping screws, drill 18 3mn holes. Take splitter off , clean up and add sealant. Then it’s screw in 22 self tapping screws and it’s as solid as a rock.

Been over my first few speed bumps at work and it clears nicely.

Just do it, you will not be disappointed...I haven’t been

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
I can confirm this to be 100% as @Deano j1971 talked me into the exact same Splitter. Same installation method. Fit splitter to 4 existing self tapping screws, drill 18 3mn holes. Take splitter off , clean up and add sealant. Then it’s screw in 22 self tapping screws and it’s as solid as a rock.

After seeing yours, if the Carbon hadn’t pulled off, I’d of ordered one myself as was looking at a desire red estate with all the trimmings...

Reactions: Maypack

cupra300uk

May 31, 2018

I’ve heard that self tapping screws will eventually come out as it’s not a long term hold?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members