MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

rapidross

Aug 13, 2018
How useful is 7th? Does it seem to match with what I suggested in my calculations? (70mph @ 2000 rpm)
I need to get it on the motorway to really answer your question.its dropped into 7th a couple of times but not for very long.
The changes felt quicker and the response on the paddle shifts.just my opinion though as the last time I drove the 6 speed was well over 6 months ago on a test drive

Reactions: walshy

walshy

Jan 27, 2016
North West, UK
I need to get it on the motorway to really answer your question.its dropped into 7th a couple of times but not for very long.
The changes felt quicker and the response on the paddle shifts.just my opinion though as the last time I drove the 6 speed was well over 6 months ago on a test drive

Do you live near any tunnels lol?

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
It was driven to me from southampton to the west midlands so had 145 miles on the clock.just filled it up with momentum and given it a 'test' haha.
7 speed box is a dream,so responsive.
Yet to hear and real crackles and pops
Has it lost the DSG 'fart' on gear-change? You can't miss that with the windows down, but it more noticeable if in sport or Cupra (or at the least, Cupra engine mode in individual)

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey

This is the video of the digital cockpit.
Also the car has a fold in mirror option on locking via the cars infotainment.
Are the trims in the car all gloss black, or are they framed with chrome? I'm so used to my black edition being full black in black that I'm not sure I like the chrome look.

zedlor

Aug 24, 2017
Warrington
Just in case anybody missed them, there are some more pictures here of the copper badges on the car.

https://www.seat.com/carworlds/leon-cupra/overview.html
I'm sure I went on that page earlier today and they weren't there...

The part that looks a little odd for me are the alloys. That copper in the middle just looks a bit off. If the alloys had the copper highlights on them like the Cupra R, it would fit a lot better. As they are...I'm not 100% sold.

edit: although that's probably because these pictures are photoshopped.

Reactions: Damo H

BipedalMale

Jun 21, 2018
Way down west...
generictwocolumn_224.resizeViewPort.noScale.jpg

Dodgy photoshopped copper badge aside, I actually quite like the symmetry of that with no flag!

Bradley Conboy

Oct 23, 2018
Hi i ordered a cupra 300 which got changed to 290 as many of you have. Im just wondering how people who have there 2018 cupra 290 have insured it im picking mine up next week but when i fill insurance it will only let me click cupra 300 like no 290 exists in 2018

walshy

Jan 27, 2016
North West, UK
Hi i ordered a cupra 300 which got changed to 290 as many of you have. Im just wondering how people who have there 2018 cupra 290 have insured it im picking mine up next week but when i fill insurance it will only let me click cupra 300 like no 290 exists in 2018

SEAT offer 5 day drive-away insurance for free, I wonder if everyone's rolling on that until their insurers can deal with it properly, some will have workarounds too

Woody31

Jul 16, 2018
oi8yCN2.jpg

Not sure they've finished updating the pictures though...

I reckon they have though sadly, wouldn't surges me if its just the copper s on the wheel inside and the rest stays chrome/back. I can't see any flags etc.

zedlor

Aug 24, 2017
Warrington
I reckon they have though sadly, wouldn't surges me if its just the copper s on the wheel inside and the rest stays chrome/back. I can't see any flags etc.
Yeah I was hoping for more copper flashes inside like in the Cupra R, especially where that chrome surround is.

Woody31

Jul 16, 2018
Yeah I was hoping for more copper flashes inside like in the Cupra R, especially where that chrome surround is.
yes i don't really like the mix of copper and chrome shame they never put more copper on the inside

AlexOS

I like the 4 highlights on the car works listing at the top

Cupra drive profile... correct
Wireless charger... only if you pay for it
Traffic jam assist... is that the radar so you don’t crash into the car in front?
300hp... only if you have the ST..

Surely they’d have highlights that are on ALL the cars?

AlexOS

Even though mine isn’t a Coppra, I was thinking about either removing all the rear badging or changing the chrome CUPRA to the gloss black CUPRA.
Surely the actual car will have black or copper surrounds and copper stitching, not black? It did list copper features in the updates.

I suspect that they’ve just photoshopped the badge and forgotten the rest.