MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

walshy

Jan 27, 2016
North West, UK
mftf.PNG

Shall we all head down and give the 'man from the factory' a piece of our minds regarding all this copper malarkey?

AshCupra300

Sep 16, 2006
Newport, South Wales
View attachment 2297 After getting my reg yesterday, the delay was due to SLi showing 6 speed DSG, whereas it’s actually 7 speed! Lord knows how anyone was given a reg last week as SLi was all updated at the same time so should have given the same DVLA registration error. The transport order has been raised for mine to get collected from Grimsby - I look forward to a sh1t tonne of seagull graffiti all over the paintwork!

It’s great news to know the virtual dash has the centre rev counter too - it’s a nice touch that. I know my order will have winter pack as I ordered it as an extra - my OCD wouldn’t let me have a blank button space!

The only thing I’m now worried about is the exhaust noise and if we get pops/crackles like the current 300 and older 290 black editions. My neighbour has just taken delivery of a MY19 Mini Cooper S and that sounds like an ASBO waiting to happen; that’s even without the optional Bluetooth sports exhaust!

I’m reading all these posts with bated breath now for more details...

To test the cracks/pops etc when stationary, the only way I can get the 300 exhaust to do this is to press the drive mode button and cycle it between comfort and back to Cupra, the revs climb and I can rev it and it pops and bangs quite loudly.
I always have it in Cupra mode but in D not S and when I put it in park from D it won’t pop and bang when I rev it.

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
To test the cracks/pops etc when stationary, the only way I can get the 300 exhaust to do this is to press the drive mode button and cycle it between comfort and back to Cupra, the revs climb and I can rev it and it pops and bangs quite loudly.
I always have it in Cupra mode but in D not S and when I put it in park from D it won’t pop and bang when I rev it.
I know that in my manual, I just press the ECS button and you can ping the limiter...not something I do a lot of btw

Reactions: AshCupra300

kevlar

Oct 23, 2018
Reading this thread with much interest looking at ordering a cupra 290 - it's so confusing on the seat website it shows 6 speed, as posted above brochure I was given last friday shows winter pack standard....to be fair dealer I saw did warn me the badges would be copper, luckily they had a carbon st in stock so he showed me the dash and it looks good - interested to see one of the new cars with the copper trim on - what a fiasco no one seems to know much 'confirmed' details on these!.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield

This is the video of the digital cockpit.
Also the car has a fold in mirror option on locking via the cars infotainment.
Glad they kept the flag too. It's the same design from seat.com.

Hopefully they don't change it for the post week 42s.

I would of definitely been happy with a pre week 42 in my spec.

Congrats mate and cheers for the vid!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

dave_c

Oct 3, 2016
I'm hoping the ones of us who got the reg early, haven't got a car with the left over bits haha

Voxcont

Jul 17, 2018
Hi all. Long time lurker (UK) with an ST 4drive on order since Feb. Some really useful info on this thread over the past few months – thanks for that, but wow - what a shambles from SEAT......

I ordered the basic spec ST and was looking forward to getting the winter pack as per the October v2 spec sheet but it looks like that was another SEAT lie. No spare wheel instead – thanks SEAT. The levels of misinformation and confusion coming from SEAT are astonishing. You really couldn’t make it up – but it would appear that is what they have largely done.

With the October v3 spec now on the website I see for the ST the torque is supposedly up to 400Nm from 380 and the 0-62 is up to 5.2s from 4.9. Excellent? I’ve been told it’s a WK42 build, but taking that with a pinch of copper.

Not sure I would want to order another SEAT again given how badly they have handled WLTP, massive delays and random unwanted spec and cosmetic changes etc, along with the shockingly poor communications to customers.

I hope you all enjoy your cars when they turn up anyway. I have my fingers crossed that they haven’t completely silenced the exhaust but I’m not holding out much hope for that.

Cheers!

BipedalMale

Jun 21, 2018
Way down west...
Hi all. Long time lurker (UK) with an ST 4drive on order since Feb. Some really useful info on this thread over the past few months – thanks for that, but wow - what a shambles from SEAT......

I ordered the basic spec ST and was looking forward to getting the winter pack as per the October v2 spec sheet but it looks like that was another SEAT lie. No spare wheel instead – thanks SEAT. The levels of misinformation and confusion coming from SEAT are astonishing. You really couldn’t make it up – but it would appear that is what they have largely done.

With the October v3 spec now on the website I see for the ST the torque is supposedly up to 400Nm from 380 and the 0-62 is up to 5.2s from 4.9. Excellent? I’ve been told it’s a WK42 build, but taking that with a pinch of copper.

Not sure I would want to order another SEAT again given how badly they have handled WLTP, massive delays and random unwanted spec and cosmetic changes etc, along with the shockingly poor communications to customers.

I hope you all enjoy your cars when they turn up anyway. I have my fingers crossed that they haven’t completely silenced the exhaust but I’m not holding out much hope for that.

Cheers!
I'm just glad they haven't corrected the 250mph top speed for the Cupra, at least that is official now! :rolleyes:

Reactions: Voxcont

AlexOS

Cheers!
How exactly can you increase the torque, keep the power the same and lose 0.3s on the 0-62??

Reactions: Voxcont

rapidross

Aug 13, 2018
Wait, how many miles has your car done?
It was driven to me from southampton to the west midlands so had 145 miles on the clock.just filled it up with momentum and given it a 'test' haha.
7 speed box is a dream,so responsive.
Yet to hear and real crackles and pops

Reactions: Damo H

BipedalMale

Jun 21, 2018
Way down west...
It was driven to me from southampton to the west midlands so had 145 miles on the clock.just filled it up with momentum and given it a 'test' haha.
7 speed box is a dream,so responsive.
Yet to hear and real crackles and pops
How useful is 7th? Does it seem to match with what I suggested in my calculations? (70mph @ 2000 rpm)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.