MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
Was quite surprised that they have released two different trim editions post the summer factory reopening.

Have you sought any further confirmation on the changes for the pre week 42?

I remember past discussions about the winter pack and upgraded sound. Did you have those confirmed?

With regards to the DSG my post week 42 build still displays as 6spd in the SLI, if it's going to change it'll be from next week.

Although I'm still waiting on a build week I've been told no colour change. Apparently the new changes will look good on a Nevada white so I shouldn't worry.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
SLi stills shows the 6 speed for me too so my dealer expects it to be 6 speed...but who knows! Winter pack is confirmed as MY19 spec so all MY18's 'should' get it even if SLi doesn't show it. As I understand it, SLi won't show it as it's now standard so won't show in the options box.

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
Where's by BW 38 car........ Grrrr , last i heard was 2 weeks ago when it didnt have a VIN ...
Has your dealer checked SLi? My BW38 shows it was made on 26th Sept and arrived in Barcelona have 9.27pm on the 27th Sept...where it sat until the homologation data was released. It also had a VIN

Last edited:

AlexOS

Same as you except my order was January...

I've assume your waiting on a ST also? Has your order been converted to MY19 yet, or do you think it's waiting on the technical information now due end of the month/early November?
ST 4drive in mystery blue. I believe it was changed to my19 a while back. That’s as much as I can get out of CS.. including my claim manager..

Nick Woods

Aug 23, 2018
UK - Midlands
Those boats need to crack on......!! 4 weeks... are they rowing.....

"Hi

Your car has now been built,and is 12 days old. It’s on a ship on it’s way to the UK. This can take upto 4 weeks, give or take.

As soon as arrives with us I will let you know to arrange a collection date with you.

Kind Regards"

Reactions: zedlor

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
SLi stills shows the 6 speed for me too so my dealer expects it to be 6 speed...but who knows! Winter pack is confirmed as MY19 spec so all MY18's 'should' get it even if SLi doesn't show it. As I understand it, SLi won't show it as it's now standard so won't show in the options box.
Tbh I've been told to expect a 6spd too, but they are still expecting technical data so it could change.

Those being built pre week 42, you'd have thought it would be known.

It'll be a shame for those built earlier to miss out for the sake of a few weeks (copper aside)

That's great about the winter pack, I saw it in the pricelist but I'm not sure what to believe anymore.

The upgraded WLAN isn't well documented either but a lot of evidence suggests it's there.

Nick Woods

Aug 23, 2018
UK - Midlands
Tbh I've been told to expect a 6spd too, but they are still expecting technical data so it could change.

Those being built pre week 42, you'd have thought it would be known.

It'll be a shame for those built earlier to miss out for the sake of a few weeks (copper aside)

That's great about the winter pack, I saw it in the pricelist but I'm not sure what to believe anymore.

The upgraded WLAN isn't well documented either but a lot of evidence suggests it's there.

The winter pack - is that heated seats and windscreen washers? or does it include anything else?

I'd assume mine BW38 - on a boat currently , also has this....

BipedalMale

Jun 21, 2018
Way down west...
I know we all suspected this, but I've now had it confirmed 100% by Seat Product support that the copper badge changes etc are only from week 42 onwards. What we still don't know is whether the FrankenCupras between cw38-42 will have the 6 speed DSG or 7 speed DSG.
Do we actually have formal confirmation of the 7 speed for those after week 42?

I have only seen one source on this thread, though a HUGE amount of corroborating information on various European sites.

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
The winter pack - is that heated seats and windscreen washers? or does it include anything else?

I'd assume mine BW38 - on a boat currently , also has this....
How do you know yours is on a boat? Has the dealer or Seat CS confirmed that? I thought that none of the BW38’s had made the boat as the homologation data wasn’t available for release until Tuesday 4th October.

walshy

Jan 27, 2016
North West, UK
How do you know yours is on a boat? Has the dealer or Seat CS confirmed that? I thought that none of the BW38’s had made the boat as the homologation data wasn’t available for release until Tuesday 4th October.

The first boat that will see any of the cars is the Pegasus Ace, due into Barcelona in about 17 hours

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ai...mmsi:431339000/imo:9150341/vessel:PEGASUS_ACE

I just hope that all our Cupras that are sat in the port make it on board, it only holds 3600 cars though that should be plenty to stick a few hundred cupras on ;)

Reactions: CupraRobX

Liam Willingale

Oct 8, 2018
Been following this closely I ordered a Cupra 5dr in May, I expected a long wait as my GTI doesn’t go back till December so have me some time.

Ordered from Seat Warrington.

Apparently mine is being built currently he did tell me a couple of weeks ago it would be BW 40.

Not had any confirmation of colour change until I asked today.

And he had not heard of any of the changes Copper or 7 speed.

But as we know that could mean nothing as most of Seat didn’t seem to know.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
At this stage I'll settle for some YouTube videos demoing the standard reworked exhaust.

Then the one detailing the post week 42 changes.

I think I'd be far less twitchy if I knew what to expect..

Looks like we're waiting on the first deliveries to happen (for the former at least)

Reactions: Copra68 and Sukhraj

Nick Woods

Aug 23, 2018
UK - Midlands
Hi,

Thats come from the Dealer... i read earlier in the forum that one leaves tomorrow (was meant to leave yesterday) as Walshy above says, and there is another in a weeks time. so i assume he means its due to leave soon on a boat.

Hopefully Captain Cupra on the Pegasus will put his proverbial foot down and bring us our Cupras with their random build type and mystical 6/7speed DSG......

Last edited:
Reactions: CupraRobX

indyjones

Aug 14, 2017
ST 4drive in mystery blue. I believe it was changed to my19 a while back. That’s as much as I can get out of CS.. including my claim manager..
You have done better than me on information, they have not even given me that much.
I have ordered a 4Drive ST in Nevada White with all the options ticked. Awaiting to see if I get the beats audio upgrade from my SEAT sound, and of course if we get 7 speed.

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
Hi,

Thats come from the Dealer... i read earlier in the forum that one leaves tomorrow (was meant to leave yesterday) as Walshy above says, and there is another in a weeks time. so i assume he means its due to leave soon on a boat.

Hopefully Captain Cupra on the Pegasus will put his proverbial foot down and bring us our Cupras with their random build type and mystical 6/7speed DSG......

Hopefully will be quicker than the Aquarius Ace that left Barcelona on the 1st October and has been sitting in port at Setubal, Portugal since the 4th....:weedy:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.